Basil 08-Feb-23
02-Feb-23

WYOelker's embedded Photo
First robin hold for William
First robin hold for William
Well it was the second night of 4H archery practice. And new arrows… Last round before we clean up and and this happened…

I have shot a thousands of shots and never got one…

02-Feb-23
Atta Boy! Consistancy is key! Now... don't do it again. Arrows are expensive these days! ;-)

02-Feb-23
I'll bet the arrow(s) have a place of honor in some room in the house where he spends a lot of his time. LOL

02-Feb-23
Congratulations goes to sir William:)

02-Feb-23
The 1st time you do that it's amazing and pridetful. The 2nd time you do it is not so great.

02-Feb-23
Congrats, Robin Hood! Pretty awesome trophy.

02-Feb-23
Medicineman X2 :-) Good shootin!

I Robin hooded one on about the sixth arrow I ever shot….Only took another 20 years to do it a second time.

02-Feb-23
I've gotten two in 40+ years. Well done William!!!

02-Feb-23
Good job to the youngster.

I had that happen once or twice. Now i aim at different spots or targets. Gets expensive after afew of those, but the braggin rights are nice too.

02-Feb-23
The first time is cool, the second is "oh, ok", and the third time is "Damn, ruined another one!"

Enjoy the first one.

TMBB

02-Feb-23
Nice shooting

02-Feb-23
Nice job kiddo!!!! I got two in about a month with 2 different bows and none since, 20 years ago. I started shooting 5 spot targets after that. MIght need to pick him up some of those!!! Maybe stick some nock collars on there too!

02-Feb-23
Nice! It's cool when it happens once or twice, then it just gets expensive.

02-Feb-23
Nice Work, William !

02-Feb-23
Pretty cool.

02-Feb-23
Good shooting. Keep it up. Dad will buy more arrows.

02-Feb-23
awesome! That's a trophy all it's own!

02-Feb-23
Consistency is very cool but can be very expensive lol ?? Good job young man and I echo Jake’s sentiments those two arrows will not be thrown away they will be on a wall Good Luck Lewis

02-Feb-23
Good on him. Wish 4H had archery when I was a member.

02-Feb-23
Dont take it apart! Bad JuJu :-)

02-Feb-23
Nice shooting! It’s great for a few……then you learn to start shootings pin nocks to save arrows:)

02-Feb-23
And the crowd goes Wild! Congratulations! That deserves a place of honor! He will remember that for the rest of his life!

02-Feb-23
Congrats young man!

I've never had a Robin Hood in 40 years of archery. I always aim right next to my last arrow. ;-)

02-Feb-23
Very cool. Now, flip that target around and shoot just one arrow at each of the 5 spots. ;-)

Matt

02-Feb-23
We have a bit to get him to a great 5 spot. He shoots 3-4 arrows really tight and always has one a little off. I have a feeling in a month we will be on the 5 spot with just a little work.

02-Feb-23
That will cost him 2 cuts of the grass this summer. LOL Great job.

02-Feb-23
Gooooooooood shoooooooooting. For all the years shooting a compound bow and never a RH, I did it with my recurve a few years back.

02-Feb-23
Great job.

I got my first RH when I was a poor college kid and had to pull it apart to have a full quiver of arrows for my first ever bowhunt.

02-Feb-23
Like others said, first one kinda cute, next two not so much.

02-Feb-23
That is awesome

02-Feb-23
Way to go young man, great shooting!

You'll never forget your first.

02-Feb-23
Troy, if you are like me, the first one elicited joy, but the second one you just thought about arrow cost. :-)

02-Feb-23
CONGRATULATIONS sir Robin

02-Feb-23
Awesome job on the robin hood! Definitely need a special spot on the wall for it. Right next to all the future trophies! Anymore, I prefer to robin hood the other guys arrow when were shooting 3D. Don't want it hit "keep it out of the 10" ;-)

03-Feb-23
Shot a great mule deer on a guided hunt. We were admiring this buck after the kill. The outfitter stood up & put his arms out looked all around and said sarcastically “I suppose to a guy like you this is a really big deal but to me it’s just another day in the office”. When my daughter shot her first Robin Hood she remembered that story & used that line on me with a picture and a text. Congrats on the Robin Hood and I hope this addiction continues to give as much as it’s given to me!!!

08-Feb-23
I’ve only gotten one RH but it was my friends brand new arrow that I hit the very first time he’d used them, i enjoyed it more than he did!!! Cotton

08-Feb-23
50 plus years never had one. Pretty cool when it happens. Enjoyed the moment.

08-Feb-23
My best one was on target #1 of a big 3D shoot. I was in a mixed group. A notorious blowhard stepped up and centered the 12 ring with his tricked-out compound. He turned around and sneered "Whaddya think of that!"

I shot next with my longbow and center punched his arrow. Everybody else in the group started laughing and one guys said to him, "Whaddya think of THAT?!"

He was pissed because I ruined his arrow. That's one RH I displayed as a trophy.

08-Feb-23
Once I was shopping for a new bow at a pro shop. Test fired a new Bowtech. My second shot Robin hooded the first. I told the salesman I’d take it ;-)

• Sitka Gear