Bake 25-Apr-23
Lawdog 25-Apr-23
Catscratch 25-Apr-23
Hoytman2 25-Apr-23
Basil 25-Apr-23
09-Feb-23
Could this really come to pass as is being discussed

09-Feb-23
They've been doing that for decades here in Madagastan.

09-Feb-23
It could but I don't think it's very likely.

09-Feb-23
Some people thought a fire arms ID card was unlikely too. And unconstitutional. And registering all your firearms you own. A 10 round clip only. There are only four states that require a firearms ID card. New Jersey, Illinois ,Alaska, and Hawaii. I think Illinois is fighting needing a firearms ID card to purchase a firearm.In all the other states you only need to show your drivers license. We will see what happens in Illinois.

09-Feb-23
The Democrats realize they cannot roll back the Bill of Rights….

So they do the stealth ban- attack gun manufacturers, Ammo, etc

09-Feb-23
Don In mass you need a FID card to purchase a gun. Except a muzzleloader. But you need the card to buy the primers …

09-Feb-23
Bou, you’re waaaaaayyyyyy late to the game. In CT you need a permit to buy ammo.

09-Feb-23
In New Jersey you need a fire arms ID card to purchase a BB gun. And cap guns must have an Orange plug on the end of the barrel. You used to be able to order a muzzle loader or muzzle loader kit from Cabela’s. But not any more.

09-Feb-23
We have it here in CA. Of the people who were rejected in the first year, it was roughly 75% false positives where people who were legally able to buy ammunition were rejected.

The don't review the purchase of reloading supplies.

09-Feb-23
Needing a card is NOT the same as a background check. We need to show our card in MA and it sounds like other states in some cases. That is different than full background checks for bullets as if you were buying the gun itself

Does anyone put people through federal background checks for bullets.

09-Feb-23
NYS requires this in both the Safe Act passed by Emperor Cuomo and the Concealed Carry Improvement Act. However, the NYS police so far have not figured out how to do this. Ammo is now behind locks in some stores, although some have it exposed where we, the users, (GASP) can actually touch it and carry it to the counter. We cannot buy ammo online unless its shipped to a FFL. Some FFL's want your name, address, & drivers license number.Many gun folks were happy when the Emperor resigned, but Hochul has proved to be an even stronger witch than the Emperor was .. Better the enemy you know, than the one you don't.

NYS has even surpassed Massafornia and Commiefornia as the WORST state for gun owners. Ruled by Demtards, thnks to NYC.

09-Feb-23
In IL a resident has to have a foid card to show are no ammo. BUT a out of state person just needs a driver's license go figure.

09-Feb-23
I believe CT is a full background check and fingerprints for a long rifle permit…..which allows you purchase ammo and some long guns. A pistol permit allows you to purchase ammo and any gun or pistol.

Without one or the other, you can’t purchase ammo in CT.

09-Feb-23
But does anywhere require a background check for each purchase like one has to do for each gun. I am not talking about getting a license that you qualify for and renew every X years and pull out at the cash register to buy ammo like if you are getting carded for a beer purchase at 7-11 by some hourly part time worker. That’s not a major issue. I am talking about a gun like process with a federal form 4473 for bullets like we go through for firearms.

09-Feb-23
"But does anywhere require a background check for each purchase like one has to do for each gun."

CA does, so you know it must be a good idea. It is much simpler/quicker than for buying a gun, but required each time you purchase. Not sure if there is a CCW/LEO exemption.

To make it even worse, not only does mail-ordered ammo need to go through an FFL, but the state also makes them the revenue agent to determine if the seller charged sales tax. If not, they are required to charge it.

09-Feb-23
Those of you that live under that tyranny get your ass on the road and go load up on ammo in any state that does not have that stuff going on

09-Feb-23
What’s the difference?

If I’m going to be required to give up just as much personal information to buy a box of .22s or skeet loads as I am for a carry permit…? Might as well just get the permit.

09-Feb-23
"Those of you that live under that tyranny get your ass on the road and go load up on ammo in any state that does not have that stuff going on"

Thanks for the paper cut and lemon juice. Appreciate it.

09-Feb-23
“Thanks for the paper cut and lemon juice. ”

No doubt!

It’s about enough to make you yearn for a little balance between states’ rights & constitutional guarantees….

09-Feb-23
IL. Foid card started in 1968, I don't see it leaving soon.

10-Feb-23
Wow! Glad I live in Florida. It's not as if any of those things are going to stop criminals. But, it's not about that. It's all about control.

10-Feb-23
In my county, I can open carry into the local Walmart and buy ammo with nothing but a way to pay for it. I feel bad for you guys in nanny states.

Matt

10-Feb-23
Here in Canada, you have to have a possession license to own rifles and purchase ammo. To get a possession license, you must pass a course and thorough background check.

10-Feb-23
Not to start a debate but,

The government entities that are passing these regulations in certain areas will call me stupid for asking this question but, what is the point of this? What are you trying to prevent with this?

Once they answer this question, they will get their ass handed to them with actual facts that will prove this is completely asinine. There isn't one intelligent answer they can come up with, that can't be shot full of holes. (Pardon the pun)

11-Feb-23
“Those of you that live under that tyranny get your ass on the road and go load up on ammo in any state that does not have that stuff going on”

Great idea, except that would be illegal.

11-Feb-23
Matt, you mean it's illegal for you to buy ammunition out of State?!

11-Feb-23
Don Lewis,

From your post above: "There are only four states that require a firearms ID card. New Jersey, Illinois ,Alaska, and Hawaii." Where the heck did you get the idea that a firearms ID is needed in Alaska?

You are incorrect.

Pete

11-Feb-23
getting a license that you qualify for and renew every X years and pull out at the cash register to buy ammo like if you are getting carded for a beer purchase at 7-11 by some hourly part time worker is not a background check akin to buying a weapon where you get a deep check each time not on a license update schedule.

Your gun check isn’t good for X days years months on the form 4473 it is good for that individual purchase.

Try buying a gun two days in a row and telling them on day two no check is needed because you were screened yesterday. You will not be making that purchase. This is what some are pushing for ammo purchases.

11-Feb-23
NY ‘s SAFE Act requires a ammo background check. But, the SAFE Act was passed in 2013 and to date, 2023, they have not implemented any ammo purchase background check.

11-Feb-23
Mass you also get run thru the system for ever firearms purchase. Handgun, rifle, or shotgun. Mass checks your FID/CCW/LTC to buy ammo but I can legally go to NH and buy ammo without a problem in the world.

11-Feb-23
"Matt, you mean it's illegal for you to buy ammunition out of State?!"

It is illegal to bring ammo bought out of state into CA, but strangely I think that only applies to CA residents.

11-Feb-23
Yep….

If you want to buy one box ox ammo in CA; first, they won’t let you examine/touch the box, its the law. Then you have to fill out lengthy forms to buy it, one box or many and its all new paperwork for different calibers, bullet weights, etc.

Essentially- your new President to be; the liberal Dem Newsome, has made it as difficult as possible for law abiding citizens to buy guns- restricted by ‘The Roster’ or buy ammo. The rest of you will find out if this clown is elected president. He wrecks everything he touches.

Thats the law abiding folks…on the other hand the crooks and thugs have no problem buying guns and ammo on the streets to commit crimes ….and its a toss up whether they are right back on the street or get held in jail due to liberal Dem policy of ‘no bail’.

11-Feb-23
And yet the mass shootings, weekly murders, etc. occur in the areas with the highest level of gun restrictions. Murder has been illegal for a long time and people are still doing it..

Go figure.

11-Feb-23
Why....it's the people who live OUTSIDE the urban "kill zones", who's ammo sneaks it's way into the kill zones. That's why they have to disarm all of us as best they can.

That's what Chicago does. They blame their 'hood killings on the people who live 50+ miles away because they own guns. But, Illinois IS a Democrat controlled state, so that's standard operating procedure.

11-Feb-23
Just this week gun control advocates said that CA's "good" gun laws were being undermined by states with weak gun laws, and that federal assistance to strengthen laws nationally (presumably to align more closely to California's) is needed.

Never mind that the most egregious killings in the past few weeks were one guy who legally bought a MAC-10 in CA in the 1990's and a gang murder of a family at a residence the police had visited in the weeks prior due to drug activity. It is the law-abiding who bear the brunt.

11-Feb-23
Sounds like Chicago Matt!

11-Feb-23

Beendare's Link
The proud Democrats should visit the site that chronicles the historically Dem run Chicago and see how their chosen ones leadership is doing, HeyJackass.com at link

Or they can check the Project Baltimore site to see how that Dem Leadership is working out; ( from Fox Balitmore)

Project Baltimore combed through the scores at all 150 City Schools where the state math test was given.

Project Baltimore found, in 23 Baltimore City schools, there were zero students who tested proficient in math. Not a single student.

“It just sounds like these schools, now, have turned into essentially babysitters with no accountability,” said Patterson. “This is the future of our city. We’ve got to change this.”

Among the list of 23 schools, there are 10 high schools, eight elementary schools, three Middle/High schools and two Elementary/Middle schools.

Exactly 2,000 students, in total, took the state math test at these schools. Not one could do math at grade level. —- Some of those will be buying guns and ammo on the street- for sure.

11-Feb-23
That's what's known as the "liberal plantation". Keep 'em ignorant and uneducated so they have to rely on politicians to take care of them, because they can't take care of themselves. Talk about racism!!!

12-Feb-23
Matt that makes a wierd kind of sense. After all, no non resident with sense enough to buy ammo would want to travel to CA. Lol

12-Feb-23
Fuzzy clearly has a point!

Pete

12-Feb-23
All I can say is I’m so glad I live in Tennessee Lewis

12-Feb-23
"Matt that makes a wierd kind of sense. After all, no non resident with sense enough to buy ammo would want to travel to CA. Lol"

You would be surprised, between hunting and shooting sports a surprising number of non-residents come to CA to shoot. It strikes me as crazy that there are laws in our state that are more restrictive of residents than non-residents. There shouldn't be any difference in treatment, but if there is asymmetry it should benefit residents IMO.

13-Feb-23
I'm sure that's true Matt

13-Feb-23
Then there is the silly Copper bullet thing. No lead bullets ...its the law in Ca

A buddy has a hog ranch and he says there is no question hogs run further and require more shots with the Ca ammo to put them down vs the mushrooming bullets the rest of you in common sense states use.

15-Feb-23
Next it'll be "non-lethal" bullets, because bullets that kill are "weapons of war".

15-Feb-23
It was pointed out to me I made a mistake. You do not need a firearms ID card in Alaska. Massachusetts is the other state that you need a firearms ID card. Sorry about the error. Thanks again Pete for pointing that out to me. Shoot straight.

15-Feb-23
A local FFL guy I use recently gave me a NEW Form 4473 which is the form you complete to purchase a firearm. The form was modified in December 2022 according to the note on the bottom, right hand corner. It now contains two (2) references to ammunition in Sections 21(b) & 21(c). These references are new and did not exist on the earlier version of the form.

Living in the Communist enclave of New York, it wouldn't surprise me; however, this is a FEDERAL form, having Not been developed by Witch Hochul.

03-Mar-23
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to chime in.

03-Mar-23
I was told on Wednesday when picking up a new rifle that the new form was much more complicated and detailed than the old / current version and would begin being used next week.

03-Mar-23
I was told on Wednesday when picking up a new rifle that the new firm was much more complicated and detailed than the old / current version and would begin being used next week.

03-Mar-23
Yeah my dad owns a gun shop. I believe the form went from 2 pages to 7 pages. I’m sure this will bog down the whole process & lead to longer waits & more holds.

03-Mar-23
Beendare, re all-copper bullets, use Barnes X's. Knockdown to spare.

03-Mar-23
As I recall, it was only six years ago that you had to have a press pass to exercise freedom of speech, according to the Dems.

04-Mar-23
from an Anonymous ATF agent

When I was a kid, being a Special Agent with the ATF was the only job I wanted. My dad’s best friend was an agent for years and was one of the best people I knew. I interned for the ATF when I was in college and got to see what the job was truly like, not the bad news bears version that most people think of.

I was able to work around people who did the job right and did it exceptionally well. They went after violent crime and gangs; nothing else mattered. Now, I’ve been on the job for almost 10 years. During my time, I’ve worked in a large and highly violent metropolitan area, and have been a part of multiple state, local, and federal task forces. I’ve worked everything from spree killers and large-scale narcotics trafficking, to simple felon-in-possession cases. I’ve responded to mass shooting events and thrown tourniquets on victims with gunshot wounds. I’ve seen all the different levels of this job.

Contrary to popular belief, street level agents couldn’t care less about the length of your rifle barrel, how many guns you own, or if you lost your guns in a “boating accident.” Not to mention the fact we only number roughly 2,000 agents, so even if the government told us to, we couldn’t collect citizens’ firearms.

The truth is, 99.9% of street agents got on this job because we want to work violent crime, and a lot of it occurs by use of firearms. We investigate dope, we investigate gangs, and we do our best to help our state and local partners. For the most part, we do a damn good job. Despite another three-letter agency claiming they are the go-to for gangs and violent crime, we are the violent crime police. Any US Attorney’s Office in any major city in America would agree.

Now, however, we’re at a crossroads. We have an administration and an agency leadership that is more preoccupied with political agenda than with protecting citizens. They are now focused on pistol braces and PMFs rather than prosecuting violent offenders. As investigators, we are even more discouraged than the American public with this shift in priorities. We no longer have prosecutors in our US Attorney’s Offices or State Prosecutor’s offices motivated to properly go after demonstrably dangerous individuals by accepting the cases we’re presenting.

My stories could fill a book, both the good and the bad, and for that reason, it is a sad day for me. The only thing I wanted to do was protect the public from real crime; to do the job and do it well. Despite what social media influencers would have you believe, that’s the only thing street level ATF agents really care about. There are many more conversations to be had, preferably over a glass of Weller (or Chicken Cock) around a fire with a good cigar, but I feel like you all needed to know that we’re not happy with these types of decisions, and most of us are looking for the door out.

04-Mar-23
I will remain disappointed these sorts of issues come up at all. Firearms are the most egalitarian instruments ever created. Minority and women's groups, the core of the Democrat party, should be the loudest voice against such machinations as they are purposefully dissuasive and, in multiple ways, victimize the marginalized the most. But, they clamor for increased oppression.

Our post-Enlightenment age should be more attuned to logic not less. Yet, left-handed paternalism goes unchallenged by 50ish% of the country. (pun-intended)

04-Mar-23
That’s the first post in bowsite history that contained the words egalitarian, dissuaded, machinations, and paternalism in the same post. Wherever depths this thread plunges to from here we can at least celebrate that fact. Good work Owl!!!

04-Mar-23
Randy that's the most concise and well considered synopsis of the gun "question" I've seen. Well said.

04-Mar-23
"As I recall, it was only six years ago that you had to have a press pass to exercise freedom of speech, according to the Dems. "

Bill, google 'desantis and bloggers'.

04-Mar-23
DanaC, Google is left of true, probably as godless as you.

04-Mar-23
Bill, they'll point you to 100 sources, all you have to do is choose. Or use Bing, or whatever search engine you like. Doesn't change the facts, just the slant you'll be spoon fed.

But if you'd rather stay ignorant and toss of ad hominem 'arguments', hey, you do you.

04-Mar-23

DanaC's Link
This from FOX (that bastion of conservative virtue) -

Florida bill proposes bloggers covering DeSantis must register with state, slammed as unconstitutional

A free speech watchdog called the bill 'fundamentally un-American'

04-Mar-23
When politics invades the Federal agencies we all lose.

Currently the liberal Democrats are snickering and patting them self on the back. Just wait until the shoe is on the other foot.

04-Mar-23
"This from FOX (that bastion of conservative virtue) - Florida bill proposes bloggers covering DeSantis must register with state, slammed as unconstitutional A free speech watchdog called the bill 'fundamentally un-American'"

DanaC, Notice it says slammed and not adjudicated.

Just as I thought DanaC, out of context and biased. It only says what you want it to say if you misconstrue the meanings. That is something the left has done repeatedly for years now.

10-00366B-23 20231316__ 1 A bill to be entitled 2 An act relating to information dissemination; amending 3 s. 45.031, F.S.; deleting a provision requiring a 4 judicial notice of sale to be published for a 5 specified timeframe on a publicly accessible website; 6 amending s. 50.0311, F.S.; specifying that a 7 governmental agency may use the public website of a 8 county to publish legally required advertisements and 9 public notices if the cost for such publication is not 10 paid by or recovered from a person; creating s. 11 286.31, F.S.; defining terms; requiring bloggers to 12 register with the Office of Legislative Services or 13 the Commission on Ethics, as applicable, within a 14 specified timeframe; requiring such bloggers to file 15 monthly reports with the appropriate office by a 16 certain date; providing an exception; specifying 17 reporting requirements; authorizing a magistrate to 18 enter a final order determining the reasonableness of 19 circumstances for an untimely filing or a fine amount; 20 requiring that the Legislature and the Commission on 21 Ethics adopt a specified rule; providing penalties for 22 late filing; prohibiting the assessment of a fine for 23 the first time a report is not timely filed, under 24 specified conditions; authorizing bloggers to appeal a 25 fine within a specified timeframe; specifying the 26 appeal process; authorizing bloggers to request that 27 the appropriate office waive the reporting requirement 28 under specified conditions; providing that unpaid 29 fines for a specified timeframe may be recovered 30 through the courts of this state; providing an 31 effective date. 32 33 Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida: 34 35 Section 1.?Subsection (2) of section 45.031, Florida 36 Statutes, is amended to read: 37 45.031?Judicial sales procedure.—In any sale of real or 38 personal property under an order or judgment, the procedures 39 provided in this section and ss. 45.0315-45.035 may be followed 40 as an alternative to any other sale procedure if so ordered by 41 the court. 42 (2)?PUBLICATION OF SALE.—Notice of sale shall be published 43 on a publicly accessible website as provided in s. 50.0311 for 44 at least 2 consecutive weeks before the sale or once a week for 45 2 consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation, as 46 provided in chapter 50, published in the county where the sale 47 is to be held. The second publication by newspaper shall be at 48 least 5 days before the sale. The notice shall contain: 49 (a)?A description of the property to be sold. 50 (b)?The time and place of sale. 51 (c)?A statement that the sale will be made pursuant to the 52 order or final judgment. 53 (d)?The caption of the action. 54 (e)?The name of the clerk making the sale. 55 (f)?A statement that any person claiming an interest in the 56 surplus from the sale, if any, other than the property owner as 57 of the date of the lis pendens must file a claim before the 58 clerk reports the surplus as unclaimed. 59 60 The court, in its discretion, may enlarge the time of the sale. 61 Notice of the changed time of sale shall be published as 62 provided herein. 63 Section 2.?Section 50.0311, Florida Statutes, is amended to 64 read: 65 50.0311?Publication of governmental agency advertisements 66 and public notices on a publicly accessible website and 67 governmental access channels.— 68 (1)?For purposes of this chapter, the term “governmental 69 agency” means a county, municipality, school board, or other 70 unit of local government or political subdivision in this state. 71 (2)?For purposes of notices and advertisements required 72 under s. 50.011, the term “publicly accessible website” means a 73 county’s official website or other private website designated by 74 the county for the publication of legal notices and 75 advertisements that is accessible via the Internet. All 76 advertisements and public notices published on a website as 77 provided in this chapter must be in searchable form and indicate 78 the date on which the advertisement or public notice was first 79 published on the website. 80 (3)?A governmental agency may use the publicly accessible 81 website of the county in which it lies to publish legally 82 required advertisements and public notices if the cost of 83 publishing advertisements and public notices on such website is 84 less than the cost of publishing advertisements and public 85 notices in a newspaper, and the cost for publication is not to 86 be paid by or recovered from a person. 87 (4)?A governmental agency with at least 75 percent of its 88 population located within a county with a population of fewer 89 than 160,000 may use a publicly accessible website to publish 90 legally required advertisements and public notices only if the 91 governing body of the governmental agency, at a public hearing 92 that has been noticed in a newspaper as provided in this 93 chapter, determines that the residents of the governmental 94 agency have sufficient access to the Internet by broadband 95 service, as defined in s. 364.02, or by any other means, such 96 that publishing advertisements and public notices on a publicly 97 accessible website will not unreasonably restrict public access. 98 (5)?A special district spanning the geographic boundaries 99 of more than one county that satisfies the criteria for 100 publishing and chooses to publish legally required 101 advertisements and public notices on a publicly accessible 102 website must publish such advertisements and public notices on 103 the publicly accessible website of each county it spans. For 104 purposes of this subsection, the term “special district” has the 105 same meaning as in s. 189.012. 106 (6)?A governmental agency that uses a publicly accessible 107 website to publish legally required advertisements and public 108 notices shall provide notice at least once per year in a 109 newspaper of general circulation or another publication that is 110 mailed or delivered to all residents and property owners 111 throughout the government’s jurisdiction, indicating that 112 property owners and residents may receive legally required 113 advertisements and public notices from the governmental agency 114 by first-class mail or e-mail upon registering their name and 115 address or e-mail address with the governmental agency. The 116 governmental agency shall maintain a registry of names, 117 addresses, and e-mail addresses of property owners and residents 118 who have requested in writing that they receive legally required 119 advertisements and public notices from the governmental agency 120 by first-class mail or e-mail. 121 (7)?A link to advertisements and public notices published 122 on a publicly accessible website shall be conspicuously placed: 123 (a)?On the website’s homepage or on a page accessible 124 through a direct link from the homepage. 125 (b)?On the homepage of the website of each governmental 126 agency publishing notices on the publicly accessible website or 127 on a page accessible through a direct link from the homepage. 128 (8)?A governmental agency that has a governmental access 129 channel authorized under s. 610.109 may also include on its 130 governmental access channel a summary of all advertisements and 131 public notices that are published on a publicly accessible 132 website. 133 (9)?A public bid advertisement made by a governmental 134 agency on a publicly accessible website must include a method to 135 accept electronic bids. 136 Section 3.?Section 286.31, Florida Statutes, is created to 137 read: 138 286.31?Blogger registration and reporting.— 139 (1)?As used in this section, the term: 140 (a)?“Blog” means a website or webpage that hosts any 141 blogger and is frequently updated with opinion, commentary, or 142 business content. The term does not include the website of a 143 newspaper or other similar publication. 144 (b)?“Blogger” means any person as defined in s. 1.01(3) 145 that submits a blog post to a blog which is subsequently 146 published. 147 (c)?“Blog post” is an individual webpage on a blog which 148 contains an article, a story, or a series of stories. 149 (d)?“Compensation” includes anything of value provided to a 150 blogger in exchange for a blog post or series of blog posts. If 151 not provided in currency, it must be the fair-market value of 152 the item or service exchanged. 153 (e)?“Elected state officer” means the Governor, the 154 Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the 155 Legislature. 156 (f)?“Office” means, in the context of a blog post about a 157 member of the Legislature, the Office of Legislative Services 158 or, in the context of a blog post about a member of the 159 executive branch, the Commission on Ethics, as applicable. 160 (2)?If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state 161 officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that 162 post, the blogger must register with the appropriate office, as 163 identified in paragraph (1)(f), within 5 days after the first 164 post by the blogger which mentions an elected state officer. 165 (3)(a)?Upon registering with the appropriate office, a 166 blogger must file monthly reports on the 10th day following the 167 end of each calendar month from the time a blog post is added to 168 the blog, except that, if the 10th day following the end of a 169 calendar month occurs on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, 170 the report must be filed on the next day that is not a Saturday, 171 Sunday, or legal holiday. 172 (b)?If the blogger does not have a blog post on a blog 173 during a given month, the monthly report for that month does not 174 need to be filed. 175 (c)?The blogger must file reports with the appropriate 176 office using the electronic filing system: 177 1.?As provided in s. 11.0455 if the blog post concerns an 178 elected member of the Legislature; or 179 2.?As provided in s. 112.32155 if the blog post concerns an 180 officer of the executive branch. 181 (d)?The reports must include all of the following: 182 1.?The individual or entity that compensated the blogger 183 for the blog post. 184 2.?The amount of compensation received from the individual 185 or entity, regardless of how the compensation was structured. 186 a.?The amount must be rounded to the nearest $10 increment. 187 b.?If the compensation is for a series of blog posts or for 188 a defined period of time, the blogger must disclose the total 189 amount to be received upon the first blog post being published. 190 Thereafter, the blogger must disclose the date or dates 191 additional compensation is received, if any, for the series of 192 blog posts. 193 3.?The date the blog post was published. If the blog post 194 is part of a series, the date each blog post is published must 195 be included in the applicable report. 196 4.?The website and website address where the blog post can 197 be found. 198 (4)?Notwithstanding any other law, a magistrate is 199 authorized to enter a final order in determination of the 200 reasonableness of circumstances for an untimely filing of a 201 required report and the amount of a fine, if any. 202 (5)?Each house of the Legislature and the Commission on 203 Ethics shall adopt by rule, for application to bloggers, the 204 same procedure by which lobbyists are notified of the failure to 205 timely file a report and the amount of the assessed fines. The 206 rule must also provide for, but need not be limited to, the 207 following provisions: 208 (a)?A fine of $25 per day per report for each day late, not 209 to exceed $2,500 per report. 210 (b)?Upon receipt of an untimely filed report, the amount of 211 the fine must be based upon the earlier of the following: 212 1.?The date and time that the untimely report is actually 213 received by the office. 214 2.?The date and time on the electronic receipt issued 215 pursuant to s. 11.0455 or s. 112.32155. 216 (c)?The fine must be paid within 30 days after the notice 217 of payment due is transmitted, unless an appeal is filed with 218 the office. The fine amount must be deposited into: 219 1.?If the report in question relates to a post about a 220 member of the Legislature, the Legislative Lobbyist Registration 221 Trust Fund; 222 2.?If the report in question relates to a post about a 223 member of the executive branch, the Executive Branch Lobby 224 Registration Trust Fund; or 225 3.?If the report in question relates to a post about 226 members of both the Legislature and the executive branch, the 227 lobbyist registration trust funds identified in subparagraphs 1. 228 and 2., in equal amounts. 229 (d)?A fine may not be assessed against a blogger the first 230 time a report for which the blogger is responsible is not timely 231 filed. However, to receive this one-time fine waiver, all 232 untimely filed reports for which the blogger remains responsible 233 for filing must be filed with the office within 30 days after 234 the notice of untimely filing was transmitted to the blogger. A 235 fine must be assessed for any subsequent late-filed reports. 236 (e)?The blogger is entitled to appeal a fine, based upon 237 reasonable circumstances surrounding the failure to file by the 238 designated date, by making a written request to the office for a 239 hearing before the magistrate from the Second Judicial Circuit. 240 Any such request must be made within 30 days after the notice of 241 payment due is transmitted to the blogger. The office shall 242 transmit all such timely, written requests to the chief judge of 243 the Second Judicial Circuit along with the evidence the office 244 relied on in assessing the fine. The magistrate, after holding a 245 hearing, shall render a final order, upholding the fine or 246 waiving it in full or in part. 247 (f)?A blogger may request that the filing of a report be 248 waived upon good cause shown based on reasonable circumstances. 249 The request must be filed with the office, which may grant or 250 deny the request. 251 (g)?Fines that remain unpaid for a period in excess of 100 252 days after final determination are eligible for recovery through 253 the courts of this state. 254 Section 4.?This act shall take effect upon becoming a law.

04-Mar-23
What is the meaning of adjudicated? v. ad·ju·di·cat·ed, ad·ju·di·cat·ing, ad·ju·di·cates. v.tr. 1. To make a decision (in a legal case or proceeding), as where a judge or arbitrator rules on some disputed issue or claim between the parties.

04-Mar-23
Sportsmen rummage today. Good buys on ammo.... Permits? Background checks? Uh I think not

04-Mar-23
Flordia's HB 951 sounds a bit like CA's SB 1327 which attempted to chill lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of the state's gun laws by shifting the financial burden of legal fees onto the plaintiff unless the plaintiff prevails in every count they bring. The law was so bad that even CA's AG wouldn't defend it once challenged in court.

It doesn't matter if it is a liberal or conservative that is trying to restrict our constitutional rights, they all need to be stood up to.

25-Apr-23
I stopped in NY last week to buy turkey loads I could not find in PA. Was surprised when they asked for I.D......................being from PA I assumed it was just to verify my age. Then the clerk got out a 3 ring binder and asked other questions including my occupation. I couldn’t help myself and replied: MERCENARY! ;-) The clerk didn’t even flinch and just wrote it in the book......................

25-Apr-23
I can't believe how many guys on here are good with these types of things

25-Apr-23
We do need to be watchful. We have freedoms in this area we take for granted. I was just in Botswana, they are only allowed 3 guns per person. They are only allowed to purchase AND possess 100 rounds of ammunition per gun per year. So they can't even stockpile ammo. Not a big deal for rifles, but a BIG deal for shotguns. I can't even imagine this.

25-Apr-23
I quit buying ammo at Dicks because the clerks had a list of questions they needed to ask. I refused to answer them and was told that they could not sell me the ammo without me answering those questions. I went elsewhere. No Orion, I'm not ok with this for a variety of reasons.

25-Apr-23
I quit buying ANYTHING from dick's because they are strongly anti-constitutional.

25-Apr-23

Hoytman2's embedded Photo
Hoytman2's embedded Photo
Never a problem here in NY. My job has me travel frequently. Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana etc. I always drive, never fly, many a good shop to load up for the ride home. As you see in pic, 5000 ready to go with enough supplies to make 5000 more with both reloaders. Screw NY laws, only live here because company pays me a ridiculous amount to do so.

25-Apr-23
Scheels is a very good outdoors store. I was shocked last fall when they asked to see my ID to buy lighted knocks. I refused & called the manager over to ask him why. He said it’s not required but he said they were asking to see ID for knives, axes & lighted knocks. He said it wouldn’t happen again. I said that’s right and left my purchase on the counter. Worst part is they have big brass statues of the founding fathers in front of the store.

• Sitka Gear