Jim McNamara 11-Feb-23
sitO 11-Feb-23
tradi-doerr 11-Feb-23
Dale06 11-Feb-23
Bowboy 11-Feb-23
11-Feb-23

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
OK,Ok, back from the goose field this morning. Packed up the 16 big foot decoys and the blind, cleaned up the area, and now ready for pancakes and eggs. The season ends tomorrow but it is over for me and Teal. Super Bowl game tomorrow and Tricia and I have a date at a local eatery.=== yea drink-ery also :).

So I expect you are wondering how the Yard Hopper goose hunt went this morning and was there a dead goose for Teal? And did I actually shoot one out of the air with my home made Fulflu arrow. Well I did shoot twice. Oh wait, breakfast is calling.

11-Feb-23
Paul, I'm rooting for Teal - to be safe. I wouldn't let my pup anywhere near any waterfowl right now. With the avian flu already confirmed in mammals, I wouldn't risk it.

11-Feb-23
My old lab I had would have rather died then not be able it be around waterfowl. Hope Teal got one!

11-Feb-23

Well, two shots at geese flying is a lot better that no shots on the ground and in the decoys and that is how it went this morning. The first shot was way behind as I did not lead the flock enough, yea, flock shot . The flu arrow I made flew well but went 100 yards away to land upright.

As with the previous 7 hunts, no geese were interested in the goose field this time of year, (dry conditions =no pasture green grass, although in the past I have killed a few at the end of the season, but they were singles. That just did not happen this year as the season closed out for us today.

The season was just ok, with 5 geese killed, two misses beyond 20 yards and two slam- dunk misses under twenty yards, (forgot to reset the single pin from 30 to 20 yards from the previous hunt). Decoys back in storage. I have to do some maintenance on the old Dark Horse blind before turkey season in late March in Nebraska. Hard to tell if this will be the last Yard Hopper goose hunt, as the property is for sale. I will add a few pictures of this season hunt. Thanks for following along, and yea, it have been 12 years of the Yard Hopper Goose Series on Bowsite.

11-Feb-23

11-Feb-23

THE END
THE END

11-Feb-23
Darn Paul, was root'n for you and Teal. :) Oh well, the fun is in the hunt as much as it is in the kill (at least for me). Bob

11-Feb-23

And lets not forget, CHASE THE WONDER DOG, he made the past 12 years, pure joy.

11-Feb-23
Paul and Teal, thanks for sharing the hunts.

11-Feb-23
Oh well there’s always next year thanks for sharing it was fun following along Good luck Lewis

11-Feb-23
Still had a lot of fun for the winter and 5 geese with the bow is 5 more than most of us. Will look forward to next year, as well as the spring turkey hunts. Maybe Teal is a turkey dog too!

—Jim

11-Feb-23
Your 5 geese are more then I ever have or ever will kill with a bow and arrow Paul. 12 years at it is dedication. A time of anticipation, disappointment, reward and , with a great dog, pure fun ! Well done! Here's to a 13th season of Paul@thefort and Teal, having a wonderful time in the great outdoors !! Jim

11-Feb-23
Always enjoy your adventures Paul, all-of'm! Enjoy the "down time"

11-Feb-23
Nice job Paul!! What a way to end the season!

11-Feb-23
Thanks for sharing all your hunts.

11-Feb-23
Well done Paul & Teal.

• Sitka Gear