Kanati 14-Feb-23
Kanati 14-Feb-23
MikeSohm/Magnus 15-Feb-23
DGW 20-Feb-23
welka 20-Feb-23
Bou’bound 21-Feb-23
jmiller 21-Feb-23
11-Feb-23
Interested in reading experience's with Buzzcut on elk.

11-Feb-23

Kanati's embedded Photo
Kanati's embedded Photo
I do know they work on deer.

11-Feb-23
I’ve been using them for years. I’ve have taken bear, deer, elk, moose, mountain goats, mountain lion, and sheep. I have killed a butt load of elk with them and get pass-thru’s on 99% of the time. They work great and put animals down quickly, and they also fly like darts. Imo can’t go wrong using them.

11-Feb-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
33yd shot piled up in 40yds
Bowboy's embedded Photo
33yd shot piled up in 40yds
Bowboy's embedded Photo
31yd shot piled up at 38yds
Bowboy's embedded Photo
31yd shot piled up at 38yds
Bowboy's embedded Photo
11yd shot piled up at 25yds.
Bowboy's embedded Photo
11yd shot piled up at 25yds.

11-Feb-23
Bowboy is in love with em.. he has a very small buzzcut tatooed on his#$%^.. so im told

12-Feb-23
I have shot about 5 with the buzzcut. I prefer the straight 2 blade for the stronger one piece ferrule. Very good heads though Ive bent a few.

Those serrations are different than a knife- nasty sharp.

About the only negative is the 1/2 ferrule of the 4 bl…and they sometimes pick up hair in the serrations. Its so rare not to get a passthrough with these…They usually go through so fast and effortlessly you might think you missed.

12-Feb-23
Love them, I've shot three elk with them and a ton of deer. All three with a pass-through. The only downside for me far is I didn't find two of the three arrows afterwards.

The biggest benefit of them to me is they fly true right out of the box.

12-Feb-23
When i shot my deer the blood trails were pretty much the same. Did you guys have really good blood trails?

12-Feb-23
Great head. Used it for wild boar. Shot them with.longbow, compound and xbow. They flat out work.

12-Feb-23
I will say they are some of the best broadheads I have ever used made by quality people. I have killed elk, deer, bears and mountain lions with them. Great product.

12-Feb-23
No elk. Just deer. Shot one in the shoulder with a smooth bladed one. Only got about 20“ of penetration. Upon gutting the deer, the tip was curled over badly. I posted a pic of it here 5-6 years ago. Never again.

12-Feb-23
Craig, are you using the 2 or 4 bladed version, thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

12-Feb-23
Paul Two blade no bleeder blades.

Kanati My blood trails were very easy follow but they fell over within sight.

12-Feb-23
I think any 2 blade could curl.

12-Feb-23
Yep. I’m not going to disagree. Most will. But, there are a lot beefier two blades out there than the buzzcut. And some I’d doubt would bend.

These are great heads. So, I’m not knocking anyone use uses and likes them.

12-Feb-23

Kanati's embedded Photo
Kanati's embedded Photo
I heard good things about these. They are on my list to try.

12-Feb-23

MikeSohm/Magnus's embedded Photo
Since our broadheads were mentioned i will respond. Thank you to all who use our broadheads we appreciate it. 2023 is our 39th year making cut on contact broadheads since i started Magnus in 1984. Our broadheads 4 blade and 2 blade have passed thru every big game animal species on this earth many times over. The Chisel serration flys and penetrates like the smooth edge but cuts alot more. Keep in mind there is no broadhead made which is indestructible. In life your always going to have naysayers in every walk of life, I will post a picture a bowhunter just sent us where he passed completely thru the thickest part of the shoulder blade, With us at Magnus which is all American made, we have a no hassle lifetime replacement guarantee, you damage one, you donot need a RA number, you donot have to send it to us, you take a picture and email to us and we replace its really that simple . We have had many bowhunters take up to 12 animals with the same Magnus Stinger buzzcut 4 blade broadhead. We are not perfect and no broadhead is perfect and no shot is perfect. We will always take care of you. Thank you again for using our broadheads we really do appreciate it. Thank you

12-Feb-23

We just recieved this picture by a successful bowhunter. Again thanks for using our broadheads.

13-Feb-23
The Man has spoken lol! I ve been shooting the stingers and buzzcuts for 10 years out of my longbow. Im temped to try those black hornets.

13-Feb-23
I tried the black hornet after elk season on my Nebraska deer hunt. They flew well setting them up, and performed great on my whitetail. Angle was a little steeper from stand, so arrow went in a little higher in chest and clipped lower part of opposite shoulder blade. A few nicks in edge of blade that hit bone, other blade was still sharp. Deer went less than 50yds and was dead very quick. The blood trail was impressive even compared to many similar hits I’ve made. Had 4 blade smooth version. I will be using them next season(except for turkey) for everything. Coming from someone who has used slick trick standards for many years. Blades are replaceable, solid construction and it did its job. And they aren’t $100 for a 3 pack:)

13-Feb-23
Thanks for using our black hornets and all of our broadheads. We will always take care of you. Our Lifetime replacement guarantee doesnot cost you one penny. Thanks

13-Feb-23
Good to see you on here Mike. I just actually decided this year I’m trying something from your line of products. Haven’t quite decided which head tho.

13-Feb-23

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
My boys have had nothing but good results. Fly straight and sharp out of the box in our experience. They did especially well with lower poundage setups.

13-Feb-23
Reliable, effective, fly true, lifetime guarantee, great customer service

13-Feb-23
Just picked up 4 packs! Look great! 1st time user of the Buzzcuts! They're pretty sharp but I'll disassemble them & razor them up to my specs. They're not bad but I'm a stickler for unreal razor sharp heads. 1st impression is they are very well made!

ElkNut

14-Feb-23
Shot magnus heads since 1986. Stingers since he’s been making them. Always straight edge 4 blades even though Mike has told me he really had great results with the buzz cuts. I’ll post a video of a lion killed with a 100 grain stinger when I find it.

14-Feb-23
Tried them once years ago and tip curled on thin part of elk shoulder. Never used them again.

14-Feb-23
I switched from Thunderhead 100’s to the 125 grain Stinger 4 blade 3 years ago. I have killed 2 bucks and a coyote with them so far and have no complaints. They fly great with the rest of my setup.

I did damage the small bleeder blade and the tip one one of the deer kills. It was a quartering away shot, entering at the last rib and coming out just in front of the off shoulder. The arrow had went 4-5’ beyond the deer and buried 5-6” in the ground. I am guessing that is when the damage occurred. If it was due to a rib, it had no ill effects on its performance.

My nephew has killed several deer with the 100 grain stingers from low poundage now up to mid 50’s. My son used them to kill his first deer this past year out of his 36 lb Bear bow at 10 yards. Right behind the shoulder and it penetrated enough to poke the offside without coming out. Double lung and the deer went 50 yards.

14-Feb-23

Kanati's embedded Photo
Kanati's embedded Photo
#40 LB at 12 yds. I was 10’ up

14-Feb-23

Kanati's embedded Photo
Kanati's embedded Photo
Regular stinger

15-Feb-23

Welka- No broadhead regardless of the price is indestructible. I have bowhunted 43 years and made broadheads in this our 39th year. We have had great success on elk. Attached is a bowhunters success picture showing the penetration he got on a shoulder of a bull elk. As you can see if you hit the ball socket joint, no broadhead is going thru it. Our Stinger penetrated very well, well enough the bowhunter got his bull elk. You damage one send us a picture and we replace, it costs you nothing to have it replaced, no RA number is needed. You donot have to send them in. Thanks

20-Feb-23
1986 PBS held their first ever convention, Jim and I attended and Mike sent some samples of his new Magnus 1and Magnus 2 heads to show around for bowhunters to see. I have shot Magnus since then, still shoot the older style , but have shot stingers . My wife shoots lower poundage and uses stingers , I am amazed at the blood trails and penetration on the animals she shoots and have never had a Magnus fail. Mike's customer service is hard to beat!

20-Feb-23
Mike agree that no BH is indestructible and I used Snuffers for several years and was always pleased with the head and service. I doubt that a Snuffer tip would have bent. As speeds have gone up and technology advanced, just didn't want to take the chance of tip curling and losing penetration when it likely won't with a couple others. Thanks.

21-Feb-23
magnus stingers are fantastic. buzzcut or straight it matters not. great heads, service, value, and people.

21-Feb-23

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
The Stingers worked perfectly on my cow bison

• Sitka Gear