BowmanMD 14-Feb-23
Zim 15-Feb-23
StickFlicker 15-Feb-23
Zim 15-Feb-23
bigbuck 16-Feb-23
Mossyhorn 16-Feb-23
WapitiBob 16-Feb-23
12-Feb-23
Like many of us, I got my Az. Elk appl. done this early AM and I did my point for Antelope.

I'm just saving/building up my Antelope points in Wyo (Max), Nv like 15 and Az. 22 points for when I get to wore out/old to chase elk and sheep!

I'm pretty superstitious when it comes to my Az. appl.. I try and do the same pattern & process each year.

Get my New license the day after last year's expires, wait a day or until Sunday morning, and then apply.

I don't sit in my chair, here at my home PC, I knee and apply.......!

Even with low points I do my Home Run 1st choice (I have drawn 1st choice before--recently) and then my Late Date bow or some years Late Rifle, of course Bull elk.

I'm hopeful that with the Big cut in tag allocation for my 1st choice hunt code, many will back away from it all together!!

It's always fun to think it through and then see how it actually plays out.

Good luck, Robb

12-Feb-23
I did mine also, and debated a while if I should cash 27 lope points. Decided to save and maybe do a combo with a lesser elk hunt there down the road. Should draw WY general this year but didn’t like the date overlaps. I like to treestand hunt wallows early season these days due to foot ailments.

12-Feb-23
Best of luck with the draw gods , Robb

What's the guess on AZ posting results date this year?

12-Feb-23
they should hit cards next week

12-Feb-23
Not holding my breath. Best of luck in the draw, everyone!

12-Feb-23
Best of luck guys!

12-Feb-23
Put in my lottery pic.

13-Feb-23
Wapitibob,

Really think next week? Is their system finally dialed in?

13-Feb-23
If memory serves, they send out an email for final update of any Credit Card changes and then after that date they can start drawing.

Good luck, Robb

13-Feb-23
Got mine done last night. Sitting at 12 points seems like a tag should be in the near future but reality likely says differently.

13-Feb-23
Last year posted results 3/8/22

13-Feb-23
In for the lotto…

13-Feb-23
My son became a NR last year and sits at 23 points. Didnt draw last year but then I am cutting into his points...poor kid

13-Feb-23
Hopefully he bought the lifetime license.

14-Feb-23

BULELK1's Link
True That C-man.

And C-cards got hit on 03-02-22

Good luck, Robb

14-Feb-23
I’m in too, but with very low odds. Sure wish other states did it like AZ.

14-Feb-23
Without asking I know what unit you applied for Garth lol! I have a friend with 14 points that applied for the same hunt. He had a buddy that hunted it last year and said the size of the bulls they were seeing was insane. With record amounts of snowfall this year it should be good! Good luck to all! This could be the best AZ has to offer in many years.

14-Feb-23
I did mine and the kids and was reminded (again) how absolutely horrible and inefficient AZ is with their application process. So clunky and dumb and not user-friendly. So hard to believe that guys with an IT degree (presumably) actually worked to put together something like this. Kind of like the car engineers who design engines with no concept of how it might actually be a good idea to put the oil filter somewhere where a guy could actually get to it easily. Sorry for the rant but it just shouldn’t take nearly an hour to fill out apps and buy licenses online for me and the family. And I’m sure I just jinxed myself in AZ for the rest of forever and am probably now permanently on the “black list.”

15-Feb-23
I should have a WY tag coming my way this year. Been applying for AZ longshots up until now. But once that’s over, I’ll be lowering my AZ picks to a couple low-tier units. With the 2016 change, it’s no longer worth the wait for a primo unit like 1 or 27.

15-Feb-23
Zim, I'm not sure what you were trying to say?: "With only 20% preference any more, I don’t think the wait is worth depending on that pool any more."

I'm not disagreeing with you, I don't think, but it has been 20% "preference" in Arizona for decades, so not sure of the "any more" part of your statement. Nonresidents are actually no more than 10% of the total permits for any hunt, and technically the "preference" portion of the Arizona draw for non-residents is no more than 5% of the total permits for a hunt. So, a NR drawing in the "preference" or "max-point" bonus pass portion of the draw is actually much lower than you even indicated.

15-Feb-23
After the 2016 “change”, my draw strategy will change after this year. That’s all I’m saying.

16-Feb-23
Well hoping to draw this year with 14 points as i was called a week before the season opened last year that a Bull elk tag had been turned in and i was next in line for it,Just couldnt make it happen with such short notice

16-Feb-23
This is my 5th year just getting points. I logged in and looked at my application history and points. It shows I have applied 4 years in a row for points but that I only have two points? I haven’t been able to call F&G yet…

16-Feb-23
yea, the dashboard is messed up for some people. Call the dept, you likely have 2 accounts, which they will merge for you.

• Sitka Gear