soccern23ny 14-Feb-23
Glunt@work 14-Feb-23
Bowbender 14-Feb-23
70lbDraw 14-Feb-23
Shaft2Long 14-Feb-23
Owl 15-Feb-23
Papadeerhtr 15-Feb-23
12-Feb-23
Sure are hurting for a decent half time show for the Super Bowl! What the hell was that? Would have been a heck of a lot more entertaining with Cory Jacobson or ElkNut1 or somebody doing elk calls instead.

12-Feb-23
I thought she was actually very entertaining. It’s the dudes “dancing” that I could have done without.

12-Feb-23
Everything about the Super Bowl has become the king of clown shows. It’s like they are trying to see how ridiculous they can make it. And, have been for a longtime.

12-Feb-23
Whocares.....Who cares? (half time is break time)

12-Feb-23
Wyobull...you hinting my age showing thru??

12-Feb-23
Yah I did go have a salad and mixed another drink.

12-Feb-23
If your age is showing more than mine, you ARE old…really old!! lol!

12-Feb-23
Switched to Funnies Home Vids for half an hour.

12-Feb-23
Bring back The Who.

12-Feb-23
Even the commercials suck - about the only reason I watched

12-Feb-23
I miss the Budweiser Frogs.

12-Feb-23
You guys sound like my parents…60 years ago! Haha! I do agree with cnelk. The commercials have been yawners.

12-Feb-23
I'm enjoying the game immensely. Two very good well matched teams imo.

12-Feb-23
Old Reb x2

12-Feb-23
Tied with 4 minutes to go, sheesh what do you want…

Bud Frogs were good!

Breaking bad Doritos…

12-Feb-23
Gonna come down the last play!

12-Feb-23

12-Feb-23
Yeah it’s been a dam good game!

12-Feb-23
"You guys sound like my parents…60 years ago!"

And here I thought this was Super Bowl 57. ;-)

12-Feb-23
Could of had Billy Porter.

12-Feb-23
I was referring to the responses concerning the entertainment, not the game itself. Although I do remember watching the first Super Bowl, which was called the NFL-AFL Championship Game. I don’t think the stadium was even half full. Who woulda thunk?!

12-Feb-23
Mahomes would be a great soccer player, he’s got the fake injury thing down to a science.

12-Feb-23
I'm proud to say I didn't watch one second of any of it. I didn't even know who was playing until I saw a headline yesterday.

12-Feb-23
Why are you proud of that ??

12-Feb-23
Yep Chief's were in the 1st game, they lost. Lamar Hunt came up with the name super bowl partly from those super balls that bounced super high! Go Chief's, parade will be a lot warmer than last time.

12-Feb-23
Yep Chief's were in the 1st game, they lost. Lamar Hunt came up with the name super bowl partly from those super balls that bounced super high! Go Chief's, parade will be a lot warmer than last time.

12-Feb-23
I spent the evening putting a new hub assembly in my F150 but I did catch my son's hockey game this morning.

12-Feb-23
I watched the first half and the last three minutes. One of the better super bowls ever.

12-Feb-23
Closest Super Bowl in recent memory. But I guess if the reason you watch a football game for the half-time show and commercials it may have been underwhelming.

13-Feb-23
I really enjoyed the Busch Beer commercial. They had Sarah McLaughlin (an ASPCA activist) talking about shelter for animals......until the "Mountain Man" holding a six pack of Busch Beer informs her that the animal beside her is a wolf......instead of some dog in search of shelter.....

13-Feb-23
I liked that one too Jake...8^)

Also liked the CaddyShack montage, and the Breaking Bad... Actually, I liked a few of them...

13-Feb-23
I LOL at the avocado commercial.

Matt

13-Feb-23

Roger's Link
More hyper sexualization. Not fit for children.

13-Feb-23
PECO2, I haven’t watched a professional football game in years. So, I didn’t watch this one either. Not one play. Or commercial.

Grey Ghost, before you ask why, I didn’t watch it because of what I said in my first post, and my principles.

13-Feb-23
I just hope both teams had fun.

13-Feb-23
refs ruined it

13-Feb-23
Grey Ghost, you know what has been going on, why would you even ask.

13-Feb-23
I didn’t even know who was playing until Friday. Didn’t know it was even time for the Super Bowl until an employee asked me the week before who I was rooting for. Lol I shot my bow in my basement with my kids then played some other games with them and practiced their basketball skills.

13-Feb-23
Bad call for sure. Especially in this game with under two left.

13-Feb-23
Same way they won the AFC two weeks ago. Makes you wonder

13-Feb-23
Great game. I stretch my legs at halftime. We always know what we are in for then these days.

13-Feb-23
At least Rihanna can actually sing without an autotuner.

Good game too, aside from that late PI call ;-)

13-Feb-23
Great game. I enjoyed it.

2 dissapointments, for me, though.

I wish Romo had been in the booth instead of Olson.

And........I wish Brady would've played. :-)

Maybe just one more diassapointment.........I'd rather have watched Prince perform at halftime.

13-Feb-23
At least Rihanna can actually sing without an autotuner.

That was 100% lip singing

13-Feb-23
Would love to see Metallica do a halftime show

13-Feb-23
Wasn’t overly interested at all, but we had a Super Bowl gathering at church and I did catch Stapleton singing the anthem. Wow!!! Several of the players had tears streaming. Haven’t seen that in a while. Wish he had done half time as well;)

13-Feb-23
I’m embarrassed by our commercials! Back before Bud was taken over we had great commercials! Could probably play all the oldies from 10-15 years ago and still have people laughing! A waste of $$$, but the game was entertaining until the last PI call! Halftime show……who was the entertainment?:)

13-Feb-23
At $7 million for a 30 second slot, the commercials definitely couldve been better.

13-Feb-23
Terrible half time show. Right up there with the worst ever. 100% lip singing. Busch Lite commercial was funny. Great game though.

13-Feb-23
*lip-syncing

13-Feb-23
Great game! Give the Nuge halftime!

13-Feb-23
I ve watched two Superbowls, 1979 and 2006. Don't remember the halftime shows at all.

13-Feb-23
Rewatched the state of the union rebuttal instead.

13-Feb-23
Bradberry admitted that he held Schuster on that play, said he hoped they would "let it slide" since it was the last two minutes.

13-Feb-23
the only words that come to mind are who cares.

13-Feb-23
I don't watch football but even if I did I wouldn't watch the NFL. If the National Anthem is somehow offensive..they can all take a hike

13-Feb-23
I thought the game was entertaining. We watched with a group of friends and their kids. The Rihanna fans at our gathering (the tween girls) enjoyed the half time show. Her music isn't up my alley so I didn't really watch it much but I will say the performance on the suspended platforms was pretty cool.

I'm a death metal fan so I reckon I won't ever have any real interest in the half time shows. I will say that The Rolling Stones and Prince have stuck out to me as really good half time shows that I've seen over the years.

13-Feb-23
I thought the Ram EV commercial was hilarious!!!

13-Feb-23
"the only words that come to mind are who cares."

Probably somewhere north of 100 million people when the official numbers come out.

Matt

13-Feb-23
"I'm proud to say I didn't watch one second of any of it. I didn't even know who was playing until I saw a headline yesterday."

I don't understand why people insist on opening up a thread about something they have no interest in, and letting everyone know that? There are billions of other forums and threads out there that you also would have no interest in, do you let all of them know?

13-Feb-23
*lip-syncing

Take it up with apple

13-Feb-23
What would Fred Bear have thought of the game?

13-Feb-23
Fred would have been busy tuning his new Ravin crossbow Lou. Fred was a killer. :)

13-Feb-23
If you go back to the Jaguars game when PM gets the high ankle sprain, how does he even come back into the game after that injury? Yesterday he gets tackled and you can see the ankle bend and he is obviously in pain and agony... from the point he gets up, stumbles, limps, then almost trots normally to the sidline in pain... till his last runs and throws of the game with no limp visible. My assessment is he is a cyborg... look at all the videos of those two tackles and what else can you come up with?

13-Feb-23
I did :)

13-Feb-23
Who is Fred Bear?

13-Feb-23
The best drugs money can buy.

13-Feb-23
I did not want to say that Supernaut... but you may be on to something;0)

13-Feb-23
Our "woke" culture at its worse.

13-Feb-23
"The best drugs money can buy."

That wasn't meant to be a slight at Mahomes or his ability or "toughness". Ball players have been getting "shot up" for a long time. It's just part of the game from what I hear.

13-Feb-23
Anyhow, the game was fun to watch. End of a long football season. Players are probably glad for a break. But now what do we do? What's ahead...

13-Feb-23
“I don't understand why people insist on opening up a thread about something they have no interest in, and letting everyone know that?”

It’s typically someone that cries about it not being a bow hunting topic, and they demand it be removed. I’m surprised nobody has done it to this thread!

13-Feb-23
The halftime show wasn’t that great, but they’ve been worse. Never understood why a woman feels the need to grab herself during a performance. Metallica would be a good halftime show as said above. No need for “dancers”

It’s about the only sports game I watch all year. It was a good game to watch as far as football games go.

I mostly like the commercials and there was a few of them already mentioned that were pretty good. I do miss some of the more humorous/well thought out ones though. Always liked the Budweiser horse/dog commercials and I always show my age when I say “WAZZZUUUUPP” with a big smile on my face.

13-Feb-23
I remember the earliest Super Bowls when the emphasis was on the football game, not commercials and bad halftime shows. One day they will get rid of the game all together, perhaps replace it with the Puppy Bowl, so that the game does not interfere with the show.

13-Feb-23
The herding cats commercial years ago cannot be topped.

13-Feb-23
Herding cats is my all time favorite too. And I don't even remember what they were peddling?

13-Feb-23
Rhianna is a generational talent for her vocals - she's AMAZING

So last night when she lip sync'd the halftime show, I was very disappointed

Had she sat done, showed the world her vocals, accompanied with an acoustic guitar player/piano ..... brought in a couple of surprise singers to duet a little or something like that .... she could have went down as one of the best

instead, they said LIVE RHIANNA .... and it wasn't, and it went down as one of the worst

13-Feb-23
Herding cats was a commercial for EDS Ross Perot company out of Dallas

One of the all time best ones!

13-Feb-23
The half time show was an all-time low for me. The game was great!

13-Feb-23

Bake's Link

13-Feb-23
"Would love to see Metallica do a halftime show"

but but but then it wouldnt be Woke enough for the general public.... BUT HECK YES I would as well!

13-Feb-23
Why take a popular, well marketed brand such as m+m's and just totally ruin it?

13-Feb-23
Was the superbowl yesterday?

13-Feb-23
James Hatfield howhunts, not sure if Rianna does.

13-Feb-23
Chiefs Rookie linebacker Leo Chenal is a small town boy from a town very close to where I live and I'm friends with his aunt. He went from playing with the WI Badgers last year to starting in the Super Bowl and winning. Quite a story for a small town boy! It was awesome seeing him on TV in the Super Bowl.

13-Feb-23
Sorry, Bake. My all time favorite was the FedEx pterodactyl/caveman commercial.

13-Feb-23
I agree that Rihanna nor many of the commercials were not my top choice. But the older I get I have to realize I am not the target audience anymore. When I was in high school and they had the Budweiser talking frogs that I thought were great, my grandparents who were at the time in the same age bracket many of you are today no doubt complained about how bad the commercials and entrainments has gotten.

Don't fret soon there will be a kid you can yell at to get off your lawn!

13-Feb-23
"I don't understand why people insist on opening up a thread about something they have no interest in, and letting everyone know that? There are billions of other forums and threads out there that you also would have no interest in, do you let all of them know?"

Because it was open for discussion, and we still live in a free country. And I have already said a billion times I am against crossguns in Colorado's general archery season.

13-Feb-23
Best singer was Chris Stapleton the only thing sillier than the half time show was Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson and company praising the lip syncing charade formally known as a half time show wish Stapleton had done the show.Oh well it was a good game and I won all my bets Lewis

13-Feb-23

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

13-Feb-23
Rut. Philly fan and one that believes the nonsense narrative. To funny

Great game. Always questionable calls throughout any NFL Game

The one everyone is bitching about was not questionable Of course that is the opinion of the person that committed the foul.

13-Feb-23
They should just have little kids play football for the halftime show. That be more entertaining then holloweirdos

13-Feb-23
The M&M rebrand turns out to be a joke, made me smile, they played us all

14-Feb-23
RK- they lost because they got outcoached and their defense fell apart in the second half. (you can't give up 38 points and expect to win!) I just thought that one was funny! : )

14-Feb-23
I haven't watched a NFL game in about 7 years. I was actually thinking about watching some of this one. Then I heard they were planning on playing the "black national anthem" before the kickoff. That was the end of THAT idea. I spent the night watching Discovery Channel.

14-Feb-23
"Sure are hurting for a decent half time show for the Super Bowl! What the hell was that?"

Second highest rated halftime show since they have started tracking those things. So clearly this forum isn't a very good barometer of such things. Not my cup of tea but.........

14-Feb-23
Its comical seeing people trying hard to find something to pearl clutch about....

Ie... you cant complain about it being hyper sexualized this year since they had so much clothes on and baggy ones at that. Like cool, it's not your genre/generation of music, mine neither. But it was " fine" nonetheless

14-Feb-23
I vote for halftime show to be a 3 round MMA match. As far as the fame it was one of the best matchups in years. KC earned that win all the way, the second half was their half and that holding call was legit, Philly fans classless as they are just need to justify the loss. You clearly see the hold and the ones who want to taint the game by bitching about that one call have at it, the word poor l sport comes to mind. Jesse waters was a big baby complaining no crying about it the night after lol let’s remember it’s only a game.

14-Feb-23
I’m a fan of neither team or the NFL in general and I thought the call was very weak. Never gonna change it though.

14-Feb-23
I don't think genre or generation is a huge factor in the desire to have a family-appropriate half time show at something like the Superbowl. Even the top end of the target demographic grew up in the 70s and 80s so they aren't exactly expecting square dancing but no need to include stuff that makes parents cringe.

Musical tastes will always be all over the board.

14-Feb-23
Maybe have a battle of the Rock and Roll garage bands. I like the MMA idea also. Or possibly the cheerleaders can can have a competition.

14-Feb-23
Bradys gone now so , The NFL want MAHOMES in it every year. Chicks dig him, good for ratings. Scripted. 1/2 time circus show and commercials sucked. Too much ethnic, racial, sexual messages, who cares, Just play football.

The ref blew that call . Mahomes was pressured and had to throw it, he would never have caught it even if not held. Not catchable. Penalty on every play, All calls will be from upstairs soon, too much money on each game to get it wrong. It become glorified flag football, all about QB and Receivers. The last two games were close but Whiner Mahoma gets the cover in the last two games. Predictable. Football has become Boring

14-Feb-23
Glunt. What was not family friendly about it? Much worse on local prime time tv. 75% of kids get a smartphone before they are 13. The half time show was seasame st compared to what they access daily on their phones.

14-Feb-23
I think soccermomny just nailed a big problem with what is wrong with our society today. Even if he was just trying to justify it.

14-Feb-23
Halftime at the party that I go to generally means that the women typically head towards the TV and the men head the opposite way until the start of the third quarter...lol

14-Feb-23
John... what's is the matter with the half time show? Too much red? Too much white?

14-Feb-23
It was just odd that she grabbed her crotch and then appeared to smell her fingers. It was brief and not really sexual as much as just odd. I only watched a clip and my understanding is the rest of her show was fine. Nothing new from entertainers, Michael Jackson was doing it decades ago (the grab part anyway). I have 2 teen kids with phones so I know all about the challenge of trying to keep things age-appropriate.

The fact that access to wierd and adult content is too easy for kids to access and that entertainers have been pushing boundaries for years isn't a reason to welcome it or disregard it.

Any normal parents trying to guide kids through adolescence gets it. Not the end of the world, just unnecessary and inappropriate in that setting.

14-Feb-23

Best Super Bowl ad. Ever.

14-Feb-23
Why do we care if Rihanna is pregnant? And why does it deserve a multimillion dollar production to reveal it?

14-Feb-23
I totally shut the door on professional sports 3 years ago. I was a 24/7 nfl fan. Streamed the nfl channel through the computer or my air pods all day. Listened in the car, had NFL Sunday ticket for 18 years.

Wonder how much revenue was generated for defunding the police, abortion and gender reassignment surgery for minors organizations on Super Bowl Sunday? You are aware the NFL is donating to those entities correct. ?

15-Feb-23
Art is symbolic. My household concluded the halftime show was a musical interpretation of insemination: A lady in a large red suit is traversing staging like an egg descending a fallopian tube all the while being chased by a multitude of men in pointy but otherwise amorphous white outfits.

Next year will be the zygote show.

15-Feb-23
The whole NFL is turning into one big bad joke! Yet as long as people watch nothing will change

• Sitka Gear