808bowhunter 14-Feb-23
Zebrakiller 14-Feb-23
JTreeman 14-Feb-23
14-Feb-23
Headed to Kauia any info would be great

14-Feb-23
Weather should be nice ;-)

14-Feb-23
Awesome place to visit. Napali was closed due to slides when I was there but did some fishing and had a blast.

14-Feb-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
There are Peacock Bass in these two ponds on the Poipu Golf Course...might have to sneak on ;?)

14-Feb-23
Born and raised and run a fishing/hunting outfit on Kauai. Happy to answer any questions you want to know

14-Feb-23
Zebra no help but you are living the dream. Just back from Africa heading Hawaii.

14-Feb-23
I was there once. It was an absolute blast. Shot a goat on the Napali coast. Boiled the head in my time share room. So glad I did it last day, as I'm not sure they would ever have got the stench out!

I actually made a video back in the day:

I was very fortunate I found a guy (Nick) who had info online helping people find hunting info that you needed before travelling there. I actually called him to ask him a few questions and he was super nice. I was very lucky in that he offered to take me out. He was going to stay with me until about 1pm before he continued on his hike and I was going to hunt my way out. We met at 4am at the trailhead, and I shot the goat at about 12:30 if memory serves before he was moving on. So I cut it up and packed it out back to the rental vehicle. Took me 5/6 hours to get back to the trailhead. Such a fantastic experience.

14-Feb-23
Napali coast line is amazing. chopper rides are really cool to see all the waterfalls and Waimea Canyon. Hanalei Beach is our families favorite. Sunset dinner at the Beach House is nice romantic setting

14-Feb-23
Cool footage Adam!

14-Feb-23
I went there for a wedding about a year and a half ago. Took my takedown longbow in hopes of chasing some pigs. Beautiful country but I would highly recommend getting a guide or some local knowledge. I spoke to the DNR and narrowed down some spots, but they were full of hikers and I only saw some old pig sign.

14-Feb-23
Really cool video! Thanks

14-Feb-23
https://youtu.be/KMIKfZr75i0

Old video of some Napali Goat hunting. Used to take a lot of fun trips out there in my younger days.

14-Feb-23
https://youtu.be/JXaKTUv1zXI one more to get you excited

14-Feb-23

14-Feb-23

808bowhunter's Link
One more for the other side of life

14-Feb-23
that fires a guy up!

14-Feb-23

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
I did Kauai (Napali coast) several years ago. It was awesome I did 3 days (2 nights) solo and would love to do it again. I’d argue my experience was the opposite of mgmicky, it was possibly the easiest and one of the most productive short DIY trips I’ve ever done. I think I killed 2-3 goats and a nice boar, and could have shot the hell out of pigs if I wanted to. Wish I had some better pics on my phone…

But they do some population control specifically in that area so it can change pretty dramatically.

Good luck, Kauai is my favorite of 4 the islands I’ve been to by far.

—Jim

• Sitka Gear