Contributors to this thread:
Rut-N-Strut 21-Feb-23
TreeWalker 21-Feb-23
RJ Hunt 21-Feb-23
Rut-N-Strut 21-Feb-23
yeager 21-Feb-23
Rut-N-Strut 21-Feb-23
21-Feb-23
Heading to Oregon for the first time in April to hunt Rio’s. Would love to hear from anyone with experience in the area and maybe help point me in the right direction. Obviously not asking for specifics. Got a few tips from the local turkey biologist already. I will be staying near the Hyatt Res which is in the Rogue River Valley. Thanks in advance.

21-Feb-23
I know WA state has huntable populations of Easterns, Merriam's and Rios. Did not know OR had Rios. Harvested all of those in WA and around America.

To me, a RIO is just a Merrian with an extra 6" of legs. They can step over some tall downfall.

21-Feb-23
I know that when I rev my truck they gobble. ;-) I’m in the East though. Best of luck as there are lots of turkeys in that area

21-Feb-23
Thanks guys. I hunted them in Oklahoma a few years back. The only turkeys I’ve ever seen that would rather fly than walk. I’m really excited to hunt OR. I’ve heard they have a thriving population like RJ said. Looks like some beautiful country too

21-Feb-23
I hunted Colombian Blacktail last November with Steven Lee (Pacific Ghost Outfitters) near Shady Cove, Oregon which is on the Rogue River. He had quite a few turkeys on his property which were a PITA while hunting. You could check with him if he allows turkey hunting.

21-Feb-23
Much appreciated

• Sitka Gear