Corax_latrans 07-Jul-23
JTreeman 07-Jul-23
High5 07-Jul-23
Corax_latrans 08-Jul-23
Bowbender 08-Jul-23
DEMO-Bowhunter 09-Jul-23
JTreeman 09-Jul-23
22-Feb-23
How many guys here are using Option Sights by Dan Evans? I’m considering the newest model called Canyon Pounder. Seems he has changed some things that I thought were not ideal with the first iterations.

Yeah, they are expensive, let’s get that out of the way, I’m fine with the $ if it’s worth the $ (to me).

Hoping to get opinions from guys who have been using them, but all opinions welcomed.

—Jim

22-Feb-23
Curious and following.

22-Feb-23
I'd buy it just for the name. :-)

22-Feb-23
I have one and so far very impressive !

22-Feb-23
Nick, last time I had to pound a canyon it started with her telling me she usually doesn't do this kind of thing.

22-Feb-23
Don’t they always say that Brotsky…..hahahaha

22-Feb-23
My son loves his .. little different to see up ... I stayed with the old one .

22-Feb-23
Aron Snyder's review....

22-Feb-23
Looks like a sweet set up…

22-Feb-23
Looks well thought out may have to get one

23-Feb-23
Jim, I think you’ll like it. I’ve been pleased with them the past few years.

23-Feb-23
Well if Hunt and Ron are both using them I GOTTA get one! Just ordered it. Sent an extra $20 to pay their commission ;)

Thanks guys.

—Jim

23-Feb-23
Talk about a thread I wish I never opened…

23-Feb-23
Coulda been worse … there’s a new Biden one.

06-Jul-23
Thinking I am ordering an Option 8 with just 5 pins. I had a slider once, and I forgot to move it back to "zero." Missed right over a tame rabbit my dad wanted me to kill and that was the last time I used it. I like the idea of the sight housing never moving so I can't make that mistake again.

Thanks for the spend Jimmy

07-Jul-23
HOLY SPIT!!!

You guys are NUTS!

07-Jul-23
It’s only money Corax, they making more every day.

—Jim

07-Jul-23
I’ve been running Option sights for 5 years. I have 3 bows and 3 Option sights, 2 Canyon Pounders and 1 Option 8. I sold 2 Option 8’s to buy 2 CP’s. That was a mistake, I like the Option 8 better, the key is to order the oval peep. What I like better about the Option 8 is the housing doesn’t move. I struggle with the housing moving with the CP, it changes the peep view at distance and like APauls mentions, you can forget to move it back to zero.

08-Jul-23
LOL, Jim…

I remember during the Carter years when comedians were cracking jokes about working-class guys being able to brag about smoking $50 cigars….

But that’s practically an Elk tag, man… Just seems like a pretty good pile compared to zero ;)

I guess I’m glad they’re Optional…

08-Jul-23
They made here in the states or machined off-shore?

09-Jul-23
Jim, I started with an Option 8 when they first came out and I now have 3 option 8's on my hunting bows. I found some very reasonably priced used ones on AT and put them on my kids bows, so now our entire family shoots Options.

After using them on several different hunts thru this time, I love them. I've upgraded to the heavier pins and they are bullet proof now.

No interest in even looking at the canyon pounder for me.

09-Jul-23
Lotta love for the Option8 here. I never really even considered it. 8 pins is literally a nightmare I have! Then add in one might be out of place if I forget to reset it, no go for me. I also hate the idea of the oval pin guard. I understand they offer an oval peep as well, and I admittedly have not tried either, but it was just no interest from me.

There are certainly flaws in the CP IMO, but I can find flaws in almost anything! At this point I’m pleased with it overall.

—Jim

• Sitka Gear