Bou'bound 18-Feb-24
Highlife 18-Feb-24
Timex? 18-Feb-24
Highlife 18-Feb-24
Grey Ghost 18-Feb-24
Bou'bound 19-Feb-24
25-Feb-23

Bou'bound's Link
In Georgia. Surprise they were pit bulls what’s new with those menaces.

25-Feb-23

Bou'bound's Link
Oh surprise another fatal mauling of four people by these wonderful beasts

25-Feb-23
“The dogs were identified as American Staffordshire Terriers,“

Look like, act like pit bulls what a nice homey, small sophisticated lap dog kinda name “American Staffordshire Terriers”

Still a pit bull.

25-Feb-23
I wouldn’t be too stuck on the breeds. I’ve had to defend myself from collies, blue healers, hounds, and mutts while cruising timber.

It never is the breed in the cases of domesticated dogs roaming unchecked in a pack. It’s their lineage that takes over. I even had a beagle in a pack trying to bite me one time.

25-Feb-23

Bou'bound's Link
It’s not the breed. Funny

25-Feb-23

Bou'bound's Link
Not fit to be around humans like other breeds

25-Feb-23
No argument from me.

25-Feb-23
The problem with dogs is their owners and trainers. We've raised Pit Bulls, German Shepherds and Cane Corso's for years and never had a problem. And have never had a report of a dog from our kennel ever having been a threat to a yo e if it wasn't defending it's family or handler.

25-Feb-23
SMH. I never said pit bulls weren’t more prone to be dangerous. I said all breeds, when packed up and running in the woods are dangerous.

25-Feb-23
No, breeds have tendencies bred in them . PIT Bulls Have been bred for aggression . And look at the statistics . There was a special on the breed years ago . Many Medical doctors in the United States want the breeding stopped . In the special , one owner , took painstaking research on breeding to own two passive pitbulls and her dogs ripped a child out of her arms and killed the child .

Take a Labrador from hunting lineage, he gets crazy excited smelling a gamebird as a pup without any training . Pitbulls have violence bred in them .

25-Feb-23
Pitbulls are ticking time bombs

25-Feb-23
Kill em all

25-Feb-23
Reading comprehension and applied common sense is a fading quality amongst some bowsite’rs.

25-Feb-23
I don't trust the breed. Don't want my grandkids or dogs around them.

25-Feb-23
Midwest x2…but my kids, no grandkids here lol. We were very close to an issue a few years ago bird hunting with a guy who walked her Doberman pincher off leash (illegally) on a WMA land. He came very close to taking a #5 as he was backing my brother twords a pretty steep cliff edge and he had our dog by his collar so they wouldn’t get into it… yet the guys telling me he’s friendly and only wants to play….another two steps he woulda been a friendly taxidermy project for the family

25-Feb-23
My best friend's sister was attacked in her driveway by a pitbull. She almost lost her leg. I could barely stand to look at the photos of her leg. Some of her leg looked like hamburger. They are the worst but years ago I was almost attacked by a Doberman while pheasant hunting a friend's property. He came snarling and growling from an adjacent property about 70 yards away. He slid to a stop at my feet as he stared at my throat snarling. I think that he may have realized that he was a foot or two away from getting blasted in the head from my 12guage which was off safety. With my Remington in hand, l was able to back him off slowly as he snarled at me as if he knew the shotgun was a weapon. Very glad that I did not need to use it.

25-Feb-23
Bou x 2. Kill em all. The owner of any dog that kills someone should get the chair also.

25-Feb-23
I don’t like pits, but I have to agree with WV, any dog can be aggressive, especially when they pack up. Several dogs will do what one won’t, kinda like gangs in the big cities. I’ve had nondescript dogs try to bite me, and a Doberman act like a puppy. I’ve been to many a house looking to buy clay or gravel in my days in the oilfield and you just can’t tell what dog will act aggressively on his own turf. But those front porch layabouts will roam with other dogs and act ugly if you let them, and the owners will probably never know.

26-Feb-23
67 % fatalities pitbulls , ALL OTHER BREEDS COMBINED 33% ...

kinda confirms it doesn't it .

26-Feb-23
"Kill'em all"... Boubound, I'm curious, do you you have some childhood trauma from a dog you never resolved, and instead shoot them in an attempt to conquer your fear?

Grew up visiting farms and ranches, unannounced with my father who both sold crop insurance and served as an adjuster. From the age of 5 on up, I had many encounters with grouchy country dogs just defending their boundaries. Learned real quick not to make sudden moves and let them sniff me over. Still works today when I'm running my landscaping business in unfamiliar yards when people forget to put their dogs up. Never been bit once.

Every male lab I've had is very protective, border line aggressive with strangers. Kinda nice to know when the girlfriend is jogging nobody is going to bother her.

Idiot cop in my county is under scrutiny for shooting a country dog 2 years ago and someone finally leaked the video after the county decided to give him a K9. The dog he shot was acting completely normal, laying in the driveway until the cop barged in. Chickenshit ruined a family's life because he had no knowledge of dog behavior and had a pistol to cover his insecurities.

26-Feb-23
Thornton , it's also nice to know .... the chances of your labrador attacking and killing or severely injuring someone is .. slim and nil .. and slim just took a bus to Chicago. Most dogs are good dogs , but there are breeds that have a tendency to more aggression and violence . ....it's Genetics .

26-Feb-23
Retired from a electric utility company, have had my experiences with all kind of dogs through the years while "trespassing" on ROW's. The common black lab breed caused me the most issues. Although all breeds may become very territorial.

26-Feb-23
If one of wolf killed One person we would Push for extermination and major legislation but pit bulls find a common group Of deniers that act like all Dog breeds are homogenous

26-Feb-23
Hunter fault not being able to defend himself.

26-Feb-23
Why haven't you answered Thornton?

26-Feb-23
Any dog can be aggressive no kidding I watched a young Irish setter wanting a piece of a Great Dane this Saturday at an archery event.

26-Feb-23
Hackbow

I’m up for it but just wrapped up deer but still busy with hogs and such. Happy to revisit it in a month or two. Seems like San Antonio area is a good place to start

26-Feb-23
I grew up with this problem. When i was a teenager i was treed by feral dogs pretty regular while trapping. owner left the dogs run loose and they bred like rats, They finally caught up with the guy and he got a huge fine for it.

I like dogs, always had a dog...but if my dog did this......he'd get a lead pill.

You dog lovers that don't like that kind of talk?....fine, keep yer mutt at home, and under control....problem solved

26-Feb-23
Nope. I kept Bailey’s in business buying hickory biltmore sticks. They come with brass caps fitted over both ends to keep them from cracking.

I killed a coyote with one. And readjusted several dogs attitudes with a few more. Once you bust the brass cap off, they splinter when hitting something hard. Time for a new one.

26-Feb-23
Because I live where there is a high density of apex predators. I carry pepper spray and a knife when I walk or hunt . Lucky to have never had to use it yet. Have not run into any feral dogs yet. Once had two coyotes * believe it or not coming right at me on a forestry road acting aggressive.. I doubled down and ran at them and they headed the opposite direction . I had pepperspray and a knife . I was turkey hunting . Usually I'm aways away from ranches so dogs aren't a problem when I big game bowhunt . Asking g permission for pheasant hunting for years I was always careful when the farm dog come running up . Let em smell ya by carefully and slowly offering the back of your hand . Worked . The odd one I wouldn't get out of .y truck if they were going ballistic

26-Feb-23
I won’t go into the woods here in Idaho without my LCR on my side. We’ve had an increase in feral dogs and people in the last few years. They squat in the backwoods and sometimes you have no idea they’re there until you’re standing in the middle of their camp.

Too bad we don’t deal with humans with the same swiftness and aggression that we do with animals when they attack!!?

26-Feb-23
bluesman is spot on...

26-Feb-23
There are no bad dogs just bad owners. Sad and such a waste. Another reason to carry , you just never know.

26-Feb-23
Even with the dogs tho, I think I feel safer in the woods with them without a gun than I do at the grocery store in town with my handgun….two legged creatures are my main LTC reason.

26-Feb-23
Over the years I’ve had to dispatch a few aggressive canines. No evidence. No regrets.

27-Feb-23

Mint's Link
The American Pitbull Terrier were bred to be aggressive to other dogs and were actually bred to not be aggressive to humans. It's funny how bow hunters can be so ignorant when we ourselves are cast by anti hunters as liking to wound, and torture and bowhunting is cruel etc. Attached is the mission statement from the ASPCA on APT if anyone would like some info from experts on dogs. Unfortunately the breed has become a favorite of people that are lowlifes and can't even raise their children to be responsible adults let alone a dog.

27-Feb-23

JohnMC's Link
Here is some more from the ASPCA. Their position on hunting. I figure they equally right on both subjects or wrong.

27-Feb-23
I carry my Taurus Judge when I’m in the woods doing anything! Bowhunting, hiking, backpacking, Mtn biking, camping etc..................I feel naked without it! : (

I have it loaded with three .45 rounds (for 2/4 legged critters) and two .410’s for snakes....................

I was a Boy Scout in my younger days and live by the motto: BE PREPARED! ;-)

27-Feb-23
Mint,

We've had this discussion before. Attached is a story, shared before, of an owner that was attacked an eaten by her two pits. The web is replete with articles, of "loving pits that would smother you with kisses" that snapped shit and mauled or killed their owner, kids, stranger...

Pits are responsible for 70% of attacks and fatalities. By a magnitude over other breeds. It's a breed issue. A please, for the love of God, don't trot out your AR comparison from before.

27-Feb-23

Bowbender's Link
Link

27-Feb-23
Bowbender, I'm well aware of that attack and the woman's Father actually starved the dogs and kept them caged until they went feral. At that point there were no different than a wild animal that was starving. I'm all for personal responsibility and holding the owners responsible if they have a dangerous dog that hurts someone. Same with firearm ownership and throwing the book at drunk drivers. I want the government and liberals out of my life and making new stupid laws that won't be enforced on the very people where the problem is. The country is a cesspool right now since we are letting criminals roam free.

27-Feb-23
Mint the point is not if a Pit Bull can be a good pet. It is that a lot of time they are not. It might even be rarely they are a problem but when they are someone gets killed or severely hurt. Why have a Pit Bull as a pet that do, and the statistics back it up, much more often than any other bred hurt and kill people when there are so many more breeds that concern of that happen it so much less.

27-Feb-23
Mint,

That is still up for debate if the dogs were starved. What isn’t, is the fact 20% of the dogs cause 70% of bites and fatalities. And please, guns just don’t lose their shit and go off and rip a kids face off. Or eat their owner.

27-Feb-23
My friends and I have had pitbulls for over 30 years and never came close to having a problem with them. Any breed doesn't just snap, there are plenty of warning signs, and most likely a reason why the attack happened. But I do agree A LOT OF PEOPLE shouldn't own pits, rotties, german shepherds or any large breed. There is a young couple that walks a lab, well the lab walks them and is very aggressive and sooner or later that dog is going to hurt someone. They shouldn't own a powerful breed of dog and should own a small breed since they haven't a clue on how to train a dog. Like i said hold the owner ultimately responsible just like the drunk driver should be held responsible but unfortunately our society usually lets them off with a slap on the wrist. Much more likely to get killed by a drunk driver than a pitbull but when a dog kills someone it's all over the news.

27-Feb-23
Pitts are not welcome on my property.

27-Feb-23
Yeah, my dad had way too many kids come through the ER and never go home.

I was reading some of those stats and like the “stay away from the shoulder” thread, it’s what’s NOT there that got my attention…. Kids are the solid majority of victims but none of the vics who required hospitalization were kids.

I’m not sure that’s factual, but if it is, it’s terrifying.

And not-for-nothing… I’d need to know more details, but I’m curious as to whether there’s not a case to be made for a manslaughter or murder charge against the guy whose daughter got eaten…

27-Feb-23
Mint. Let us know when the young couples lab kills and eats someone

You have to disqualify yourself on pi'ts simply because you own them a d you love them and that swats your looking at the data in a non bias way.

In honesty my 4 month old lab knocked a one year old Down Sunday and licked All of the peanut butter off of him. I guess she was in pre kill mode

27-Feb-23
So....I've been treating patients in ERs all across the state of Kansas from KCK to extreme SW KS for the last 17 years and I've yet to see anything I would remotely consider a mauling. Keep in mind, pit bulls are the dog of choice here in amongst certain ethnicities and I've been here exactly 6 years working major ERs.

27-Feb-23
More people are bit by golden retriever's each year then pits. If you remember the old show the little rascals Petey was a pit bull terrier. They are incredibly livening and obedient breed and loyal as hell. It’s when aholes take them and inbreed them and train them to be aggressive is the problem. Rottys and GSD all went through the same hype. It’s all on how a dog is raised period do t Blane rge breed.

28-Feb-23
LB,

A quick google search shows that Pits rank #1 for dog bites and fatalities. By a magnitude of ~7:1 over the next breed. That’s pretty significant.

28-Feb-23
Getting nipped or bitten is different than a sustained, extended attack with the intent to maim or kill.

Some traits are present in dogs from birth and this is undeniable. A hound trails game and barks and a bird dog naturally points.

Aggressiveness can be taught or heightened but it's there deep inside. When a pit snaps, it's lost control and is out to finish the job. I won't be around one.

28-Feb-23
canine version of evil.

28-Feb-23
This bred should be eliminated by sterilization just like Huntington-Korea disease.

28-Feb-23
I’d sterilize all of them with a 22 lr to the ear hole.

28-Feb-23

My friends and I have had pitbulls for over 30 years and never came close to having a problem with them.

How do you know?! Once you “have a problem” it’s too late.....................

28-Feb-23
There is a reason why most insurance companies will not provide personal liability insurance if you own certain dog breeds. The Pit Bull is at the top of the list.

01-Mar-23
I have a papillon. Perhaps if she escaped and became feral she would attempt to bite you. At 10 pounds and without a strong jaw you will likely survive with minor injuries.

If I had a pit bull the weight and jaw strength would change the odds on you surviving with minor injuries.

Breed matters a crap ton. Anyone who has a pit bull in their house with children or grandchildren around should be treated no less harshly by the courts than if one of those kids was harmed by picking up an unlocked, loaded handgun.

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2022/10/pair-of-family-pit-bulls-kill-2-children-injure-mother.html

01-Mar-23
This is a senseless attack.

Getting nipped by an ankle biter is alot different than having your muscles and vitals ripped out by an aggressively bred and trained dog. Been dealing with poor dog owners since I delivered papers as a kid. I never got bit but my sister did twice. Funny how damn near every time it was collection week the owners let them loose, then would piss and moan when we would stop delivering the paper.

As a runner got chased plenty of times too. My nephew was chased by a rotweiller during a CC meet. Turned around kicked the dog and killed it. The peace officer gave a ticket to the owner. Most recently had some shitty little cross-breed came hundreds of yards out onto the lake while ice fishing to take a shot at my claves.. A small shovel tap on the head stopped his nonsense. Was still doing the same thing later in the week another fisherman reported him to local police. Had really big crossbreed come after me at a public boat launch once. Fought him off with a life vest and landing net.

In all these cases owner was in the wrong. Most were nowhere to be found.

Rescued a little cockapoo mix on a 4 lane road once. The scared pooch was tapped between lanes and was going to get squished. In a quick break in traffic, I stopped the truck scrambled out there and snatched her. Little "Sophie" had a dog tag with an out-of-state phone number. Called the guy he didn't even know the dog was missing. Again, the owner's fault.

Leash laws are in place for citizen's and the dogs' protection. If attacked, most if not all laws are in the human's favor, as they should be. Of course, will not bring back someone killed by an aggressive dog with a horrible dog owner. Go after the owner and their insurance company for HUGE LAWSUIT, would be my response. If I wasn't in jail for beating the crap out of the owner.

Yeah, I own a dog too.

01-Mar-23
Bring in the wolves

01-Mar-23
If one of wolf killed One person we would Push for extermination and major legislation but pit bulls find a common group Of deniers that act like all Dog breeds are homogenous

01-Mar-23
About 25 years ago, my Niece (3 years old) was over at a Neighbor's house, playing inside with their kids and their dog (Pit Bull).

Dog ended up latching on to her face, and shaking that poor baby, like a rag doll. Fortunately, she only bears a few minor scars Today, she was very lucky!

Neighbors swore the dog had never attacked anyone before, always been a "sweet baby"....

Never trusted a Pit Bull ever since!

19-May-23
I worked for a natural gas transmission company as a corrosion tech at the time. Guy thought I was there shutting off domestic gas for non payment and turned his pit loose on me. I called Sherriff as dog was trying to eat my ass, I was stabbing him with fiberglass gas line marker. Deputy came immediately, said I been wanting in this house for some time. Busted guy for drug sales and took crazy ass dog to pound. Luckily I could fend dog off with sharp gas line marker or may not be here today.

19-May-23
This is why I'm always packing when I'm in the woods. Back in the 70s I had to shoot a dog that was attacking me n my girlfriend. I had a 20 ga shotgun...hated to do it. Turns out the dog was rabid.

19-May-23
I saw a group of stray dogs from my stand one day that I would NOT want to run into on the ground.

When I google are pit bulls good with children most articles say yes. I think the media has made them out to be worse then they are. IMO no more dangerous than a german shepard. This is from limited research.

19-May-23
“When I google are pit bulls good with children most articles say yes. I think the media has made them out to be worse then they are. ”

Don…. Seriously??

You’re going to believe the first things Google pulls up, and you’re talking yourself into believing that there’s some Liberal Media Conspiracy among news outlets which (just sayin’!) employ Fact Checkers full-time as a back-stop against inadvertently distributing false information.

I’m sure it’s true that only a small percentage of these dogs are ever involved in a bad situation, but I’m at least equally certain that Pits are involved a helluvalot more often than other breeds. Especially if you work out the incidents per 100,000 dogs.

Guns scare me a LOT less than Pits; no gun has EVER snapped, jumped out of a drawer and shot someone. That takes a Human, generally speaking, and with guns, you only have to worry about how good or bad a Person you’re dealing with; with dogs, you have to think about how good or bad a Dog Owner they are…

19-May-23

7mm08's embedded Photo
7mm08's embedded Photo

19-May-23

7mm08's embedded Photo
7mm08's embedded Photo

19-May-23

7mm08's embedded Photo
7mm08's embedded Photo

19-May-23

7mm08's embedded Photo
7mm08's embedded Photo

19-May-23
Good friend of mine was staying with some of my relatives off and on for school purposes. She was at their house alone one night and the family rottweilers attacked her. Although a little bitty thing, she was able to get into a closet and get the door shut and call for help with her cell phone. She was fortunate to escape with multiple bite and puncture wounds to her legs and arms and no permanent damage.

I don't trust ANY unknown dog around my daughter. But I especially distrust any of the bully breeds. Simply put, I won't let my daughter around them.

I love dogs and have 3 of my own, but I distrust unknown dogs. Even the family breeds like labs. I've had a few labs act really standoffish with me, and I watched them very closely. The only time I was bitten was by some little mid-size bully breed while visiting a client's house. Little bastard tore my suit and punctured my leg.

19-May-23
I love dogs. I had whippets , a mix medium size dog and have now a greyhound and a borzoi . Over the years I was attacked by a few dogs ( none mine ) , and for that reason I never ever live the house without a knife. I know what to do to end it in one stab and done. I hope I never have to do it , but I came ridiculously close 3 years ago with , what turned up to be ,3 police trained Sherman shepherds. The owner thought that because he was a police officer that the law does not apply to him. The dogs were almost killed by me , had they move 1 mm closer. When talking to a retired RCMP about the incident, he said that the way I would stab them , there is no possible defense from the dog perspective , even though , police dogs are trained to fight a person armed with a knife. Always carry a knife , always , and remember that , a dull knife , is more dangerous for the user than a sharp one. After all, you wouldn't carry an unloaded gun, would you?

20-May-23
This last Tuesday I was laying on the ground removing the oil drain plug on my motorcycle.

When I sat up there were 2 Pit bulls staring at me. without collars and 20 yds from me.

It was one of those UhOh moments, thinking. Now this is why I go “Heeled” everywhere.

I live 5 miles from the nearest village. And have no idea whose dogs they were.

Luckily they saw I was not afraid of them and they ran. Without firing a shot. I’m not into killing dogs. Unless they pose a threat.

Things happen in a blink of an eye. Without warning. Be Prepared

20-May-23
Whenever this subject comes up, the pit bull defenders come up with stories about dangerous Labrador’s. For a long times labs were the most popular breed but still no stories about people being mauled to death by Labrador’s

20-May-23
Yes a lawyer that handles injury cases is where you will find the truth. When i want to know about race relations I look to Benjamin Crump! lol

Pitbull type dogs make up at least 15 to 20 breeds and they are a lot more than 6% of the population and unfortunately are a favorite breed of the same type of people that are causing the majority of crime in this country, white, black or hispanic.

20-May-23
Pits are a dangerous and for the most part stupid breed. The statistics are there for anyone who can look at it from an unbiased lens and wants to know the truth. Someone please tell me a story about a pack of golden retrievers who mauled someone to death. Go ahead… I’ll wait.

20-May-23
A few years back bears were showing up where I hunt deer so I started carrying pepper spray. I was leaving my stand midday when I heard a loud mewing sound. I stopped, turned and looked around only to see what I thought was a boxer maybe sixty yards away just standing there. I couldn't see where the sound was coming from so returned to leaving, I then heard foot falls behind me and turned again, only this time it was a pit bull with it's head down and ears back. I positioned the pepper spray between us and stood my ground. That's about when I saw and heard a little blond girl coming up behind the dog calling it Neo. The dog had been slowly moving to me and when the little girl grabbed it's collar and I couldn't spray with her there. She held the collar and rattled out an apology as I backed away. I raised my hand in a wave gesture and the dog lurched forward pulling her off her feet but clutching to the collar. The girl got to her feet and was yanking at the collar so I again slowly backed away. After about thirty yards between us the dog turned away with the little girl holding the collar. I kept facing them and backed out of there. The whole time the dog never made a bark or growl. Thank God the little girl was there.

Many years ago I was out jogging and as I passed a house a Doberman ran out to intercept me. I faked picking up a stone, stood my ground and raised my hand, like I was going to pitch it at it. The dog paused and snarled as the owner yelled out to me that it didn't bite and was laughing. Finally the owner called the dog away and I continued my run.

Usually I like dogs.

As a teen I had a German Shepherd charging me and barking. I stopped and stood there. The dog came behind me and slowly put it's mouth around my left calf. We stayed that way for about two minutes. Then the dog released me and trotted back the way it came. I guess it just had to show me who was in charge of the situation.

20-May-23
I’m no fan of the ambulance chasers, but when somebody gets mauled and it ends up in court, you can bet your ass there will be an expert witness on the stand providing the same type of data… under oath.

I won’t make blanket assumptions about a propensity toward crime, because none of the people I have ever known to own a Pit or a Rottie have been criminals and a couple have been Cops, but yeah, most Pit owners seem to be people who want to be able to intimidate other people, and the dogs are a substitute for a weapon. Difference is that the dogs can be brandished in ways which would get them arrested if they were holding a 12 ga. instead of a leash.

But there are breeds of dogs just like there are side-by-sides and there are riot guns.

And these people aren’t choosing Pits for no reason. Wouldn’t surprise me to find out that their insistence that the dogs are just “pussy cats” reflects some kind of desire to believe that they have complete control over something dangerous.

Then there’s the dog my sister adopted which sure as hell looks like he’s got a BIG chunk of Pit in him and so far, he’s behaving as if the reason he got put up was that he seems to be completely devoid of aggressive instincts; he’s literally a 70 pound lap dog. So far. And he still makes me nervous.

21-May-23
Solid stuff, Corax. The only dog I’ve ever been but by was a Doberman. He chased me down after a snowball fight exchange with his owners and punctured my left calve. Guess he knew his owners were losing the snowball fight. ;)

21-May-23
In the 15-year period of 2005 through 2019, canines killed 521 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (346) of these deaths. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers contributed to 76% of the total recorded deaths." This is according to DogsBite.org, advocates for dog-attack victims.

Its campaigners call for a ban on the breed as "the most proactive policy that can be undertaken concerning the pit bull problem. A ban saves the most human lives by preventing attacks before they occur. By prohibiting pit bull breeding, a ban also saves countless pit bulls from euthanasia."

21-May-23
Had a family member that had a pit , what was funny is she was afraid to walk the wooded trails because of coyotes

22-May-23
My dad was in his 80's when a pit bull came out of the woods and killed his bird dog. Dad called me and told me what happened. He said the dog had killed his bird dog real fast. Dad shot at the dog with his shotgun. I went to where the dead bird dog was and walked down in the woods and found the pit bull, dead from dad's shot gun blast. It had gone about 25 yards after being shot. I told him it was a pit bull and he said he had never seen a dog like that before.

22-May-23
That’s a shame that he wasn’t quicker on the trigger…

We were talking about this sort of thing on the CT page because they just passed a law permitting us citizens to protect ourselves against black bears when the bears come after us.

Yes, they had to PASS A FREAKING LAW to allow you to kill a bear that’s gnawing on your leg/skull/backside.

In my pistol class, the Instructor said that if you have a reasonable fear of serious bodily harm to yourself or others, you are within your rights to shoot a human attacker; I’m of a mind that the standard should be at least comparable for bears and dogs acting in an aggressive manner.

So far, looks like we are checked out on bears (pending appeal, no doubt), so I think I’d be willing to take my chances in court on an apparently dangerous canine.

22-May-23
Corax. Texas handgun laws apply to wildlife as well as humans. In the past three years I've killed 4 coyotes that have showed aggressive behavior to me or the dog while on the beach walking her

22-May-23
Spoke of this before here... Was a telephone/cable/internet service repairman for years and dog bit multiple times mainly by ankle biters, but the one that scared me the most was a big black Pit that hit me running full bore lunging at my throat knocking me asshole over tincups off a mobile home stoop as the owner opened the door... At that instant I had my head turned watching another mean dog hackles up from behind when this big sob grabbed me in mid air... Had the dickhead owner not been beside me and got a hold of him, I probably would have been mauled... He was a big sob... Although the teeth didn't break skin, that quick instant left red teeth marks on my throat for a couple days and shook me up for weeks... Wish I'd known he was there and coming, I'd of had my 9" Kleins pliers out and cracked his skull... I haven't been comfortable around Pits since....

""American Staffordshire Terriers” Still a pit bull"

Yeah the breed derived from Pit Bulls, the Little Rascals Petie was an “American Staffordshire Terrier...

24-May-23
Deer hunting in NW Nebraska and camping at the Soldier Creek campsite. People at a campsite about 150 feet away had a female Rottweiler that was very aggressive to us while we were in our campsite. They were breeders, and the women claimed their dogs were safe, family dogs. This safe, family dog was lunging at us, and snarling at us in our camp as we sat on our picnic table. I asked her to leash the dog in their own camp. She started to yell at me as if I was the one causing the problem. I asked if she preferred that I would call the sheriff to mediate the issue. Dogs were not allowed to be off leash while in camp. Her husband called off the dog and his wife. There is no way that dog would have respected the sheriffs badge, and he would have received the same treatment that we received. Lucky the husband thought it through because I think a ticket for having an aggressive dog in camp would not have looked good for their reputation as breeders of safe, family dogs. The perspective of dog owners and their pets can be different than those who are being threatened, that is for sure. She had no business being a breeder of Rottweilers. Someday, one of her dogs was going to do some damage to a human, maybe even a family member. That dog and it’s owner / breeder had a screw loose.

24-May-23
“Texas handgun laws apply to wildlife as well as humans.”

As they should, but some animals here are More Equal Than Others….

24-May-23

24-May-23
I think most dog problems are from bad owners. Been around dogs my whole life. You can usually tell which one is going to be a problem on the 1st interaction. When I was 3 on a military base is was bitten by a bulldog. It latched on & couldn’t/wouldn’t let go. Nicked my liver. Mom called dad in a panic & he came with Mp’s & he killed it with his billy club. Luckily I have no recollection of any of it. Couple years ago I was cornered by 2 pit bulls while walking in to deer hunt. Another very aggressive pit bull had my terrified daughters trapped in the swim pool one day when I came home from work. Common thread is all of the owners of dogs I’ve had trouble with are in denial or don’t think that type of behavior is a problem.

24-May-23
I’ve been around relatively few pit bulls. Percentages of bad encounters is shockingly high in my experience.

24-May-23
“…or don’t think that type of behavior is a problem.”

Nope, ‘cuz that type of behavior is exactly why they chose that type of dog.

02-Feb-24
After 37+ years of working in the natural gas industry there is 2 dogs I fear because most of them I had trouble with. Bit 2 times , Pit bulls were about 70% of the trouble. Blue healers will bite quicker than any dog I've ever seen. Only difference is the owners of the Blue healers are more responsible and keep their dogs contained. I agree any dog can/will bite in right situation.

02-Feb-24
bluesman I need you to share your tactics for turkey hunting with pepper spray and a knife ;)

02-Feb-24
I was attacked by a family friends St Bernard when I was a kid. It bit me in the face. I remember seeing the back of that dog's throat. They didn't do anything about it...and it happened to me again a year later. I've had three other close calls as an adult. I almost deployed pepper spray once (Lab), led another (Rottweiler), and rock the third time (Lab).

I run a fair bit each week. You guys are missing the biggest hazard dogs present. It's not bites or attacks. It's slipping on all the dog shit they leave on the road. What is it about winter that makes it worse? Too cold to bend over and pick it up? I'll have to do the math, but I think over a 4.5-mile run, the average distance between piles was about 75 feet apart.

I might rail on dogs but know the root of my angst should be directed at the douchebags that are irresponsible. I really would like one and have been really close to getting one a few times. Especially after reading some of the stories Bowsiters have contributed over the years. No doubt it would benefit the family, but we're just not home enough, and I don't think that's responsible.

02-Feb-24
Just like when we were raising the kids and diapers stashed in both cars, other places of the house (in case of emergencies) I can't think of too many sweaters, jackets or coats that don't have doggie bags in them. Whether public or private, out in the open or woods I really try to pack everything out. It's just common courtesy and responsibility as a dog owner.

02-Feb-24
It’s not the dog or the reef it’s the owner. I assume if you want to blame the entire breed then your one of the same who wants the blame guns for all the shooting g rather then the shooter ? Staffs and outs are some of the most loyal obedient breeds out there , it’s the fool hearted owners who shouldn’t have a dog period. As far as the gents who were attacked, a big stick? Seriously? In todays world if you leave your house let alone walk into the woods without a knife and better Choi’s a gun your a bit foolish. I would have euthanized those dogs on the spot, period. First bit they all would have eaten some lead. Lots of dogs bite and attack and your never hear of it. but when it’s a pit look out.

02-Feb-24
Lost my 15 year ol pitbull mix in July to cancer. Adopted two American Pitbull Terriers a couple of months later and have been training and socializing them ever since like any responsible dog owner should.

The link is to an article on how American Pitbull Terriers did on the temperment test against other breeds. My vet mentioned this article to me.

02-Feb-24

Mint's Link
Temperament test link

02-Feb-24
I have been bit by those ankle biters, I have had to pull a "pet" off a kid it lunged right at it's throat, I was at a softball game and had to pull a little girl from between her dog and another dog, we banned all pets at events. All you dog lovers are wrong, there animals, they can snap. It is the owners is such a lame excuse. An unchained, or leashed dog should be a deceased dog. No time for them, they taught me the lesson. Oh none were pit bulls either.

02-Feb-24
Dog bite story: I was on a second date with a real nice lady (a nurse) several years ago. Had my Pointer mix with me, she had two Cairn terriers. We are sitting on the couch watching TV. The terriers got to fussing at my Pointer over the back of the couch. One of the terriers took a bite at my dog behind my head, missed and ripped my left earlobe but good. Bled like hell. She took me in the bathroom, cleaned me up and patched me with steri strips and taped gauze. She put the yappy dogs in a crate. We are back watching TV and she was apologizing. Said I was so calm and was amazed I didn't whack the little dog. I told her I kept saying to myself "slap the dog and you won't get laid, slap the dog and you won't get laid"....... lol

02-Feb-24

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
"An unchained, or leashed dog should be a deceased dog.

LOL! Don't come on my property, because these 2 vicious killers won't be on a chain or leash. I like dogs better than most people. A well-trained pit bull is a great pet.

02-Feb-24

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Funny this thread came up today. Just got a new pup last night. His name is “Blu”. He’s a Catahoula Leopard Dog. 12 weeks old.

02-Feb-24
Your property your right, not off it!

02-Feb-24
Kill every last one of them, pit bulls.

02-Feb-24
And I specifically don't like dog haters.

02-Feb-24
I'm with you on that Matt. And as has been said on this thread before, dog problems are almost always dog owner problems. I'm currently dealing with free roaming unsupervised and neglected dogs killing my laying hens.

02-Feb-24

02-Feb-24
I worked 32 years with State Health Department as an Environmental Health Specialist, part of my duties was following up on mammal bites to humans, vis a vis human rabies prevention. Worked an average of 50 bites/exposures per year. About half were dog bites, all other mammals made up the other half. Chows and Chow mix were the largest named breed, Dachshunds, Cockerspaniels, Chihuahuas etc made up most of the rest. Goldens, Newfoundland, Lab and other retriever bites were very rare. Pits and pit mix bites were a very small segment but almost all the fatal attacks and serious maiming incidents were Pit/pit mix. Upon investigation most of these dogs were neglected, poorly socialized, abused or actually trained to attack humans. (ie: kept at "Drug houses")

02-Feb-24
Why does feeling animals should be controlled by their owners make one a hater. I am responsible for my animals. If you cannot be you should not own or they should be able to be put down if at large. That is not hating that is just how I feel. They are pets, control them or if at large they face the consequences.

02-Feb-24
Screwball, you sound like a city boy.

02-Feb-24
Beautiful dog Lungshot, best of luck with him.

I'm with you Matt, I'd rather deal with dogs than a lot of people.

02-Feb-24
820 acres, beef, hogs, misc. yep real city slicker. LOL

02-Feb-24
Cool, so you have land and livestock. How many dogs do you have?

02-Feb-24

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I ain’t afraid of no pit bull, but this little bitch terrifies me ! ;-))

02-Feb-24

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Drycreek she's ferocious. I've got a killer myself

02-Feb-24

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Drycreek she's ferocious. I've got a killer myself

02-Feb-24
My daughter is in college and was just walking near campus with her friend when someone with a pitbull on a leash was unable to control her overgrown "terrier" and it ripped into her leg and resulted in an ambulance ride, ER visit, and a lot of drama and worry and injury.

I'm fine with people having pitbulls - so long as the owners go to prison for assault/murder when their dogs bite/kill people who aren't breaking into their home.

02-Feb-24
The sweetest and friendliest dogs I’ve ever known, were Pitbulls. Yet, some of the most vicious dogs I’ve ever seen were pit bulls.

The most unfriendly dog breed to a stranger, on the planet, is a blue heeler. Their loyalty to their owners is unmatched. And, their willingness to express they owe a stranger nothing, is really keen as well.

02-Feb-24
No dogs two cats, that are barn cats. Simply do not trust them anymore, Had a couple.

02-Feb-24
The key is to always be armed, every day. I had a place way away from town, down a county road. I was outside with my little Jack Russell, who was friendly to all dogs and only wanted to play with everyone, (except hogs, he hated hogs). Two mutts came running up the road from the center of my place and put the brakes on when they saw him. They then approached him growling and I “euthanized” both of them on the spot. I have no hate against any particular breed, I’ve been threatened by all of them, but I don’t trust pit bulls, German Shepherds, or Rottweilers. They are big enough to relly hurt you if they are so inclined, and some of them are so inclined.

02-Feb-24
"No dogs two cats, that are barn cats.

I figured.

02-Feb-24
Had a airedale, she died long time ago. Have a cat... I like him, he likes me.

02-Feb-24
Do American Staffordshire Terriers like to cuddle? 5 Undeniable Signs Your American Staffordshire Terrier Loves You Despite their tough exterior, AmStaffs are notorious for their love of cuddles. They enjoy being close to their humans, often seeking out physical contact. If your AmStaff frequently nestles into you, rests their head on your lap, or curls up beside you, it's a heartwarming indication of their love and trust.

02-Feb-24
A few years ago a woman in VA was attacked, killed and partially eaten by 2 pit bulls. The two dogs belonged to her and she was taking them for a walk at the time of the attack. Incredible.

I used to defend the breed because idiot owners are a large part of the problem but those critters are like the canine version of fentanyl.

03-Feb-24
I'm convinced that Jack Russel terriers are the most vicious breed. If they were the size of pit bulls, they'd be a worse menace. ;-)

Matt

03-Feb-24
A few years ago a woman in VA was attacked, killed and partially eaten by 2 pit bulls. The two dogs belonged to her and she was taking them for a walk at the time of the attack. Incredible.

I used to defend the breed because idiot owners are a large part of the problem but those critters are like the canine version of fentanyl.

03-Feb-24
I know that some are going to disagree on this but from my own experience I’d say this. A Pitbull has been bred to be more aggressive and is physically equipped to do more damage with his bite than other dogs, that being said. My folks found an injured puppy at their lake house and brought it home. I grew into a huge Pitbull much larger than most and also the sweetest dog I ever had dealings with. I on the other hand adopted an Irish Setter that was the most territorial animal I ever saw and he was a biter and bit a couple of people including an FBI agent that was out jogging. So I’d a say there are no absolutes in this issue.

03-Feb-24
I know that some are going to disagree on this but from my own experience I’d say this. A Pitbull has been bred to be more aggressive and is physically equipped to do more damage with his bite than other dogs, that being said. My folks found an injured puppy at their lake house and brought it home. I grew into a huge Pitbull much larger than most and also the sweetest dog I ever had dealings with. I on the other hand adopted an Irish Setter that was the most territorial animal I ever saw and he was a biter and bit a couple of people including an FBI agent that was out jogging. So I’d a say there are no absolutes in this issue.

03-Feb-24

03-Feb-24
Boubound absolutely has an ax to grind regarding pitbulls. He has posted things like this before then goes on a tirade about pitbull breeds. We get it! You do not like the breed. I know he generates posts but I have never been a fan of his style. Just in case anyone is not away he despises pitbulls and would prefer wipe them off planet earth. Your message has been delivered loud and clear. Feel better! I know I do:)

04-Feb-24
I have been biten by a weimaraner, German Shepard & pitbull, the weimaraner bite was in the face & required a bunch of stitches, I'd post a pic of the scar but my beard covers it....I was a kid & have no clue what actions were taken towards the dog / owner.

My older son was bit in the face by a cocker spaniel severe enough to envolve a plastic surgeon & lawsuit.

I honestly don't have an issue with certain dog breeds, to me its more of an irresponsible dog owner issue.

04-Feb-24
i think there might be more to it than just saying "its not the dog...its the owner."

i remember reading a study that suggested that dog owners tended to choose breeds that matched their own personalities. aggressive/disagreeable people tend to choose aggressive dog breeds where as more docile/agreeable people tend to choose more docile dog breeds. i think there might be a lot of truth to that.

04-Feb-24

04-Feb-24
Ricky.......I'd agree with you - your study, "only" if it were worded "lifestyle" instead of "personality" .....

Hunters tend to have sporting dogs, leo & outlaws tend to have guard / working breeds, city folk , miniature breeds. Horse people / farmers tend to have herding types, etc.

04-Feb-24
Just a sympathy troll here

have a neighbor that is a very astute Atty. He defends dogs of deadly doings and "rescues" them, including death row dogs, for rehab in the quite country. City based org, in our cute country town (and residential neighborhood mind you) because we don't have zoning that bans it, or ordnances that limit non-stop barking of 2-3dozen dogs, a town board with any fire. Better yet- its a 501c and his prior back taxes are being chased (with a 20ac 600k log cabin!!!). Better yet, his GF was taken on a chopper to an ER for being mauled and another workers there in an ambulance. Better yet his FB page makes him look like a saint and both my absentee and next door "pennywise pound foolish" neighbor lets him walk these weapons on his 60 ac for small fees.

To the OP- not all are pits (just the vast vast vast majority).

I don't have the heart to shoot a dog without standing next to it as defense for me or mine...but i cannot wait to move. Dogs, cars, guns, fences, whatever......youll always be sharing with a chitty neighbor and on public hunting youll have no more, or lesser rights based on your morals or behaviors. Not to be a cynic, but people suck.

04-Feb-24
"Ricky.......I'd agree with you - your study, "only" if it were worded "lifestyle" instead of "personality" ....."

if thats the case...what "lifestyle" would correspond with a breed that was traditionally bred for fighting?

04-Feb-24
Probably the most adrenaline filled moment I’ve ever had with a dog was years ago having come off a job where I had to use 4WD. I hit the highway and realized my hubs were still in, so I pulled over on the grassy shoulder to take them out. I turned the left one out then the right one, and as I started back to my front door there was a large Rottweiler between me and it. He was growling from way down, I mean he was serious ! I began talking to him, softly at first, but his demeanor didn’t change. I then began to promise him that if he bit me I would kill him in the middle of the road. He didn’t care. About that time the owner came out of his house and began yelling at the dog. The house probably 150/200’ off the road and that guy got half way to me before the dog would even glance his way. He finally got the bastard to come to him and I went on my unmerry way. I had a pistol in my truck but not on me or there might have been a very different conclusion. The dog’s owner didn’t seem upset that the bastard was threatening me on state property, but I’m sure he would have been if I had put a 230 grain bullet in his “pet”.

04-Feb-24
Reminds me of a classic....

04-Feb-24
^^^ Definitely a classic, GG! Fred Willard as Buck Loughlin is my favorite character. I laugh my a$$ off every time I watch it.

04-Feb-24
Ricky......... If you can't differentiate between personality & lifestyle,,,,,,there's nothing else to say....

Example = a drug dealer very well could have a charming personality & yet choose to have Pitt, Rottweiler, Doberman, etc.. guard dogs

04-Feb-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's Link
i most certainly can differentiate between "personality" and "lifestyle"…but you seem to think that choosing a dog breed only applies to lifestyle…which goes against what studies have shown. (see link)

furthermore…if you only agree if it applies to “lifestyle”…it makes my question a valid one.

What kind of “lifestyle” would one have that would make them want a dog that was traditionally bred for fighting?

04-Feb-24
t-roy and Grey Ghost X2, hilarious!

Check out a Mighty Wind and For Your Consideration if you haven't already.

04-Feb-24
Ricky........... Every waterfowl hunter I know owns a retriever.....

Every rabbit hunter I know owns beagles.

When there were quail bird hunters had pointers / setters

The coon & deer dog hunters own hounds.

The Leo & security folks have Shepard or malenwalls, (spelling)

The horse & cattle folks I know are partial to blue healers or border collies.

And yes not to racially profile but low rent district folks & thugs are extremely fond of pit bulls. They live in a hostile environment & want them for protection.

My last dog purchase was a bloodhound,,,I rarely waterfowl hunt these days,,,but between my son, myself & a few friends combined we easily kill 50 deer per season,,,,my decision to buy a deer tracking dog had absolutely zero to do with my personality,, but rather my intended need / use for the dog.

I could go on , but I believe you can understand.....

And I could be wrong, but I honestly don't believe, "personality " had anything to do with why the above mentioned folks chose the dog breeds they did......

That decision was based on their lifestyle & what they enjoy to do ......

Now I don't associate with many city folk, & perhaps city folk select a certain dog breed that suits their personality & in that aspect perhaps your correct,,,, but just like t-roy & gg ,,,, to me those types of folks are just hilarious.....

04-Feb-24
i agree that certain breeds are used for specific purposes…but I think that is all together different than what the study is about.

It has to do with the personality of the breed and the personality of the owner.

there is a big difference between someone who chooses an aggressive dog breed in order to perform a specific job...and a person who chooses an aggressive dog breed as a family pet.

04-Feb-24
I will always have a pistol with me when in the woods. I had a rotweiler mix and a mutt of some sort come at me about 3 years ago. The rot was not backing down and slowly coming towards me growling. I fired a shot in front of it. the other mutt took off. The rot got about 15 feet away and I fired again. This time it looked around and realized his partner took off. He slowly walked away growling as he went.

04-Feb-24
My cousin, who is like a brother to me, owns a Jack Russel terrier and a German Shepard. The Jack Russel is their indoor "pet" and the German Shepard was intended for home security on their 100 acre property. As it turns out, the terrier is a much more aggressive protector. That little bitch intimidates the hell out of the German Shepard. It's actually comical to watch the interaction between those 2 dogs.

Matt

04-Feb-24
Dave/Highlife my dad was a black and tan and bluetick man. He always figured Walker houndsmen were a little odd. ;)

04-Feb-24

04-Feb-24
I have lots of dog bite stories, but my best is when I was a kid with a paper route and one of the homes who weren't subscribers thought it was funny to let their mongrel loose to chase and bite at me on my bike. I told my dad and he bought a big box of cayenne pepper. The next day I dumped the whole box into that dog's mouth, nose, and eyes. Holy crap, did that cause a ruckus as it ran off shrieking and banging into stuff.

The owner came out the day after and screamed at me for hurting her dog. I ignored her and kept riding. But after that, the dog sat on the porch and watched me. Never gave chase again. Quick lesson.

04-Feb-24
Lou........ Imo, one of the best movie scenes "ever" was when Cool Hand Luke shook out all the black pepper for the bloodhounds,,

This came to mind when I read your post. :~)

04-Feb-24

04-Feb-24
It probably a coincidence that Pit bulls and pit bull mixes account for nearly 60% of all dog attack fatalities despite making up only 6% of the dog population.

04-Feb-24

Bou'bound's Link
Blessing that this Christmas attack on an eight year old girl was not fatal in Washington.

04-Feb-24
Pitbulls are responsible for 60% of all injuries and 63% of ocular injuries. Pitbull attacks have higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than attacks by other breeds.

From 2005-2017, pit bulls killed one citizen every 16.7 days, totaling up to 284 Americans.Nov 16, 2023

04-Feb-24

Bou'bound's Link
This Texas two year old will live but the trauma of her face being ripped from her skull will be a lasting memory. The pit bull was humanely euthanized which was a good way to do it

04-Feb-24
Poor kid went from one horrible situation to another. I'm sure the dog was raised responsibly though and not abused in anyway and was properly socialized to be around children. WFAA reported that 2-year-old McKenna Martin was placed on a temporary safety plan by Child Protective Services before the attack. Parents Dalena and Jeremy Martin volunteered to place their daughter in the care of their family friends after relapsing from their drug addiction. However, CPS placed them with a relative of the family, the parents said.

04-Feb-24
Bou........... Here's a recent event I had with a pit..

Was invited to a friend's house for Halloween party, been around that house & pit, for about 3 years, never a single issue with that dog , my buddy wanted to show me something in the house, I said give me a minute, when I went in the house 5 minutes later, my buddy wasn't in there, but the pit was....... . Now perhaps this is where, you & myself differ in opinion....

I walked in the house 3 steps from the door & was instantly confronted by the pit, I said his name & made no difference, he came at me & I kicked him flat footed in the face , he hesitated but stood his ground , he came at me again & I kicked him hard enough in the chest to knock in back & was coming at me again when my buddy came through the door. The dog instantly shut down & was back to normal...

Now 100% a bad situation to be in,, but that dog "was just doing its job" & admirably at that.... I'm a tough mean old bastard. And that big old pit didn't care, he was gonna chew me up if I let him.

I honestly have mixed feelings about the breed, would I want my grandchildren in my above described situation , absolutely not, would I want that dog protecting my grandchildren 100% absolutely yes.

04-Feb-24
Kinda like,,,, drycreek's,,, situation described above,,,, he's a stranger on the edge of a yard 150' to 200' from the house with a pissed off Rottweiler in his face . Would it have been more understandable had your 6yo daughter been playing in the yard & a stranger stopped ?????

I know I'd have been saying ,,, good dog !!!

The dog was just doing its job. You think that dog knows the difference between his yard & the "edge" of a state road.

04-Feb-24

04-Feb-24
If that dog doesn't know where his yard ends then he needs to be contained within it. Would that be more understandable if your 6 yo daughter was the one walking by the house?

04-Feb-24
Midwest I wasn't there but he said he pulled off the road onto the grass ,,,,, I take that as the truck was in the dogs yard. But again I wasn't there.

150' to 200' that's 50 to 70 yards from the front door & a stranger in the yard.

But again I wasn't there.

05-Feb-24
Not my intent to defend aggressive dogs,,,,but if your on that dogs property or perhaps even the edge of that property,,,,the dog is just doing its job....

There's a western auto in the town I live in, the owner has an English bulldog, friendly as can be, A few months ago I was ordering a gun, theres a chain across the opening in the counter, i unhooked the chain & stepped behind the counter to look at the computer screen & that bulldog became not so friendly real quick, I didn't know & i crossed the line, again just doing its job.

06-Feb-24
we " inherited" a pit-mix with the place whrer Io live now when we bought it. owner had died, his family didn't want her. she was a sweet dog, very protective of the "new" family. Had a neighbor walk by with her dog, came onto the property and her dog growled at Crissy, she tore it up bad, stitches bad, in seconds. OK not good but understandable. Later another neighbor walked by with his dog while she was in the yard and she went out in the road unprovoked to attack it. She was fertilizing the mountain laurel within a short time.

06-Feb-24
Fuzzy I have a similar story with a different dimize. Was living in FL, a friend had hog hounds & catch dogs, the catch dogs were purposely bred, pit / lab mix. He had one that wouldn't hunt, was gonna put it down, I said I'd give him a try, Max was one of the best dogs I ever had, my boys would ride him, he'd drag em both around the yard by a heavy rope,they abused that dog & he loved them boys,,,, would never leave the yard , big old Jughead rascal. Only problem was if another dog came in our yard he was gonna kill it, period, had a German Shepard running loose came in the yard, the only way I got max off him was to stick a garden hose in his mouth. Shepard was dead, A few weeks later we were away for the day, max outside on a run, got home , max was swelled up like a balloon, couldn't prove it, but figured the Shepards owner got revenge......

Bad situation all around but the Shepards owner should have kept his dog in his yard.

06-Feb-24
I have a neighbor that had a pit bull. The thing would always nip at me when I rode by on my MTB and would come onto our property when I walked my GSD around our pasture. She actually bit me twice. Luckily, she vanished without a trace one night.

06-Feb-24
Timex I follow that. Sucks man. I hated to lose that dog, she was a good protector. Just couldn't make her understand her limits.

18-Feb-24

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Yesterday

18-Feb-24

18-Feb-24
I'm curious how many drunk drivers killed someone last night, or how many children were abused yesterday.....there's far more evil things in this world than a pit bull.

18-Feb-24

18-Feb-24
Yeah, those 2 pits the LEO is carrying like rag dolls look absolutely vicious. I think Bou'bound is a 14 year old girl.

19-Feb-24

Yesterday

• Sitka Gear