Treeline 03-Mar-23
Corax_latrans 03-Mar-23
Coop 03-Mar-23
butcherboy 04-Mar-23
Treeline 05-Mar-23
Buskill 06-Mar-23
'Ike' (Phone) 06-Mar-23
01-Mar-23
My old bino harness is finally getting stretched out and worn out. Time for a new one. I’ve not bought one in probably 15 years. What are some of the better models out there today? I’m less interested in the type that are a “box” on my chest like Alaska Guide Creations. The binos in question are 10x Zeiss Classics.

01-Mar-23
I picked up a Rick Young Outdoors harness along with their accessories tether for my rangefinder last year based on good reviews I heard on this site. I do much prefer it over the traditional “Cooked Horn” style with flat elastic straps.

The RYO harness doesn’t tangle and twist at all. The best part is the various different ways it can be used.

01-Mar-23
+1 on Rick Young Outdoors. Particularly for Whitie hunting.

01-Mar-23
Rick Young for whiteys, Marsupial for everything else.

01-Mar-23
Marsupial

01-Mar-23
KUIU (newer version much better than the original).

01-Mar-23
I would not recommend Kuiu. I had the original model for my Swaro EL 10X42, in size Large. Binos fit like they should. Then when they came with the Pro model, I ordered them in size Large. There is about a half inch of extra unneeded space in the Pro, and this extra space is not on the sides, but protrudes out from the chest. Not made with a bow hunter in mind. Don’t know why they couldn’t have kept the same pocket dimensions.

01-Mar-23
Rick young for whitetail or anytime bow hunting. Hate chest packs bow hunting. Everyone bugs me shooting. Gun hunting and hiking I have a kuiu pro. It’s ok. Prefer my old Alaska guide creations k.I.s.s. Max.

01-Mar-23
Rick Young yet again for a vote.

01-Mar-23
Rick young.

01-Mar-23
Just ordered Alaskan Guide Creations.

01-Mar-23
Thanks for the advice! I ordered some Rick Youngs.

01-Mar-23
I/m with pirogue - the original Kuiu was imperfect but better than anything else I have used. Bought the new versions and promptly returned it.

02-Mar-23
I use Alaska Guide creations and your right they are boxy compared to others I find myself carrying a lot of extra stuff in all of the integrated pockets though so I like them for that

02-Mar-23
Another Rick Young vote here. For me, less is more when it come to a bino harness. I hated using anything with a pouch, and all the usual elastic strap models would stretch out in no time. I think I'm going on 6 years with my Rick Young harness. I also like that I can wrap the shoulder cords around my binoculars for storing them in my pack or center console of my truck. It's just a simple, effective, and minimalistic harness.

Matt

02-Mar-23
Interesting responses on KUIU. The new version fits my Sawro SLC 10X42's like a glove. May be slightly larger...as one handed removal is easier.. but the binos are definitely not sliding around in the pocket. It is primarily the attach / detach system that trumps the original version.

02-Mar-23

Sam's embedded Photo
Sam's embedded Photo
This showed up today, super pleased. It will get a field test in April for Nilgai.

02-Mar-23
"The new version fits my Sawro SLC 10X42's like a glove."

The sides were so high on the new version it made taking the binos (10x42 EL's) out a pain. The old version is super easy to remove with a proper grip and to replace.

02-Mar-23
Surprised nobody has mentioned Lockdown harnesses. Good light minimalist design that holds my swaro 10x's and keeps moisture and dust off the lenses just fine. Had the about a decade too. Pulling down on the bino to release it becomes second nature after a while. Did have to camo spray paint out the orange graphics it came with.. Update: just checked on lockdown availability and apparently they are in very limited supply - potentially discontinued. The last model is light blue (?!)

02-Mar-23
Outdoor vision and Rick Young gets my vote. I find I use the outdoor vision more.

03-Mar-23
Williamtell x2. I have that one. I really like it. The only issue I have with it, is that you will get dust on the Binos. Other than that, it’s served me very well.

03-Mar-23
I like the Rick Young ultralight harness and ultralight cover or the Crooked Horn harness and cover. Those big bulky ones like Kuiu and Alaska Guide get in the way and are noisy. I like to keep it simple.

03-Mar-23
Links?

My harness elastic is shot. I was thinking to just replace it, but am willing to believe that something better might be out there

03-Mar-23
Whatever bino harness you decide to go with I love my Vortex bino locks. Sadly they aren't made anymore. But you can still find on web resale pages. It LOCKS the distance between pupils for the individual user. With bino locks when you pull them up to view they are perfectly adjusted to pupil distance. ONLY thing you have to do is adjust for distance. Years ago Roger Rothaur described how he drilled and put a pin his personal binoculars for this very reason.

04-Mar-23
I had my hands on a Stone Glacier bino harness. Very compact and not bulky at all. I hate the big bulky ones. I haven’t bought the SG one yet but I will.

05-Mar-23

Treeline's Link

06-Mar-23
Just got my Rick Young harness in based off recommendations from you guys. My initial impression is that I will like it a bunch. Thanks again.

06-Mar-23
Mystery Ranch…Simple, quiet and just works!

• Sitka Gear