ahunter76 08-Mar-23
lame crowndip 08-Mar-23
ahunter76 08-Mar-23
nchunter 08-Mar-23
WhattheFOC 08-Mar-23
Rivercain 15-Mar-23
greenmountain 27-Mar-23
01-Mar-23
Just FYI: I have a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB binos, certainly not the very best pair in the market, but I've been happy with them - I paid $300. (new) for them.

Two weeks ago I sent them back to Nikon for some off-season cleaning (lenses were not crystal clear), and a replacement lens cap. The follow-up email from Nikon indicated that there would be no charge for the service. Nice.

After two weeks I get, what I thought, was my binos back in the mail. Turned out to be a brand new pair of Nikon Monarch M5, also retails for $300.00. No charge, free.

I don't have any affiliation with Nikon, just thought, in this day and age, when you run across some great customer service, it should be shared. Well done Nikon, well done!

01-Mar-23
"Nikon never disappoints "

Unless you're my young buddy who missed a shot at a nice mulie buck last season because his brand new Nikon range finder was 8 yards off at 30 yards.

Matt

01-Mar-23
GG. Your friend needs a better bow set up….not a new rangefinder at that distance. ;)

01-Mar-23
GG thats likely user error

Ive had great results with Nikon also

01-Mar-23
I wish they honored their riflescope warranty. I sent a message to customer service and didn't get a reply. The gun shop told me that if I didn't have the original sales slip they wouldn't honor their warranty.

01-Mar-23
Nikon replaced my rangefinder free of charge. The display was fading, they didn’t even want it back. One of the better customer support services I’ve dealt with.

01-Mar-23
Yep, same with range finder and binoculars. New ones, Most of those companies now have a No Fault policy,

01-Mar-23
"GG thats likely user error"

The only user error was not checking the range finder before hunting with it. My buddy is a good shot, and pretty cool under pressure. He couldn't believe it when his shot sailed high and only clipped hair on the buck's back. When we got back to my house and checked his range finder it was reading 38 yards at the 30 yard stake on my practice range. And, no, it was not set on meters.

That said, one faulty range finder doesn't mean all Nikon products suck. But, I know my buddy will never buy another one.

Matt

01-Mar-23
Ok. Let’s derail the thread. There’s no way that arrow Aimed at 38 and the deer was 30 that it went that high….over its back. Maybe 7”-8” from center of aiming point and I’m being generous. If the arrow went over its back, he screwed up. That’s 14”-15” or more variation. This is dumb.

01-Mar-23
Holding center mass at 38yds could very easily be a miss if the yardage was actually 30yds depending on setup 1to 1.5” per yard, a mule buck back to brisket is prob 18” give or take, a miss would not be out of the realm especially if the buck also reacted to the shot

01-Mar-23
And they’re offfffffffff………….

01-Mar-23
greenmountain if you mailed the scope back with a note saying it was a gift and you have no reciept Nikon would replace it-or send it to me. :) your guy just wanted to sell you another

01-Mar-23
Do mulies duck like whitetails do? I could see how aiming for 38 yards would miss that high at 30 if the buck ducked as well...

To stay on topic, I have a Nikon Slughunter on my 12 ga slug gun. I love it, and I've never had to use their customer service.

02-Mar-23
They left the rifle scope market. Always thought they were decent optics for the price.

02-Mar-23
Swarovski took 4 months to repair the ranging button on my El's. Incredibly poor communication. I think I'd take lesser glass right now and two week turn around than the so called top of the line.

02-Mar-23
I also have been using a Monarch for years, works well. Even though they left the scope market, I was able to find one of their higher-end ones through a local guy. Always been happy with them!

02-Mar-23
Leica took 4 months to repair my Geovid 10x42 range-finder binos Cost was $247.00 for the repair. So, that's $1500 for the binos & $247.00 to fix them. That warranty on my Geovids suck!!

02-Mar-23
I use Nikon Lazerforce and have never had an issue with them. I also sent them back once and received brand-new unit in return with no charge. No complaints from me. Have probably killed 100 animals with them without issue.

02-Mar-23
Have 2 Nikon Pro-Staff scopes, they've stood up to 12 gauge slugs and hot loads in a muzzy. Just too much competition now in the modest-price scope market. Still quite a few on e-bay. (Was just looking, one I bought for about $140 has an ask price of $300.)

02-Mar-23
I had issues with my Nikon Premier's. I sent them back and got a new pair of $1500 binoculars. No questions asked.

02-Mar-23
I’ve had a Nikon range finder for like 7 years now. Still works great, accurate and dependable. Looking at a new one for this year and passing the Nikon on to my son.

03-Mar-23
My nikon rangefinder was about 8 yards off right out of the box. I contacted Nikon and they were able to help reset and it's right as rain.

07-Mar-23
I just had a conversation with a NIKON Rep. My faith has been restored. He said for me to send the scope in and they would take care of me. I think it just needs an o ring replacement and a new drying shot of nitrogen or argon. I bought the scope for the lifetime warranty and hoped never to use the warranty part.

07-Mar-23
This is good to hear. I have the exact same binos as the OP. I've never had an issue with them, but it's good to know that they take care of their customers. Also have a Nikon rangefinder and as far as I can tell it is accurate.

07-Mar-23
If you set your site pins with the same rangefinder it's all relative

07-Mar-23
My Nikon rangefinder has been flawless for 20 years. Only complaint is that the battery goes dead about once per decade. :) Sounds like I shoulda sent it in to get the battery replaced.

07-Mar-23
My wife is a pwner of several Nikon cameras & lenses. Never problems & Nikon has always been great when she had questions. As far as the young hunters rangefinder being off 8 yds at 30 I'm guessing it may have been some other problem. I know b/4 I go hunting I know exactly how it's working & check b/4 leaving & new battery is always a good idea.

08-Mar-23
"My nikon rangefinder was about 8 yards off right out of the box. I contacted Nikon and they were able to help reset and it's right as rain. "

I'm curious as to how you 'reset' a range finder. Not a lot of controls to fiddle with...

08-Mar-23
DanaC-so it was not right & taken care of. My point is, wouldn't a person "know" their rangefinder is not functioning right when setting your sights up for a hunt & practicing? Unless, you didn't use it at home. I had mine go "wacky" on an Antelope hunt & it was because my battery went dead. I discovered in camp when shooting a couple shots checking my sights. Now, out of state I have a spare battery with or new one in b/4 I go.

08-Mar-23
Both buttons on top of the rangefinder are depressed simultaneously and held down for 30 seconds. Mine was right as rain after. It went from 8 yards off to right on the button.

08-Mar-23
Lame-thank you. I'm guessing many did not know this.

08-Mar-23
I have the original 3x9 monarch ucc scope on my Ruger number 1. Its an fantastic scope and I hate they left the market.

08-Mar-23
Reminder … Nikon quit making riflescopes a few years ago due to pressure from anti/ hunting groups. I’m done with Nikon - other glass manufacturers get my business now.

15-Mar-23
Buck fever

27-Mar-23
I am extremely disappointed by the way they treated me. They assured my scope was covered by the no fault warranty. After spending $26 to send the scope to the factory . They assured me they would clean it and reseal it. A week went by and they told me it was not cost effective to repair the scope. They offered me a voucher for another product at less than half the price of the scope. I declined the offer and asked them to return the scope to me. They said they destroyed. It I expected much better.

• Sitka Gear