skull 07-Mar-23
KHNC 07-Mar-23
Hessticles 07-Mar-23
Jims 07-Mar-23
Murph 08-Mar-23
DerrickOlley 09-Mar-23
KHNC 09-Mar-23
03-Mar-23
Any recommendations on an outfitter in NE for mule deer or ones to avoid?

I would like to hunt in 2025 if possible.

03-Mar-23
Bohmars outfitters.

Sorry too soon ? :>)))

05-Mar-23
Oldaker is very good. He kills some very big mulies small family operation.

06-Mar-23
If they arent in the sand hills , then i wouldnt hunt with them for muleys. NE just doesnt have the quality Mule Deer anywhere else in the state. And the populations have declined majorly in the NW areas.

06-Mar-23
Deer meadows looks like a good outfit .

06-Mar-23
100% spring meadows outfitter with Justin simmons

06-Mar-23
Not many mulies in New England...try Nevada (NV)

06-Mar-23
While the primary reason I’d go, and have gone, to Nebraska is to spend time in the Sandhills, I have to disagree with KHNC. Some of the biggest deer in the state have come out of the Frenchman unit counties. Including about half of the non typ P&Y entries. Having said that if you want to hunt that Frenchman type of terrain you’d likely be better off in E Colorado for overall quality. The Sandhills experience with modest expectations is probably the best route in Nebraska.

06-Mar-23
I would agree with hessticles on spring meadows just down the road from deer meadows Justin has some big deer, however his arrogance is hard to swallow not my first choice in that regard.

07-Mar-23
following this thread, I’m also looking for a mule deer hunt, I emailed Spring Meadows for pricing , I have received emails from Justin, only $16.000.00 for one week 1on 1 hunting, I may have to pass at this time until I win the lottery

07-Mar-23
Did I read that right. 16,000 dollars !!!

07-Mar-23
I called an outfitter in eastern CO this week and his price was $15,000. The conversation ended soon after that.

07-Mar-23
I know prices are high, but that's insane.

07-Mar-23
My dad sister and I hunted with Spring meadows in 2016 and they had a year or 2 before that, the price was $3500 then but IMO a glorified trespass fee we drove ourselves to and from the stands sitting on fields mostly, all meals were on us, we stayed in his double wide ranch house, in fact opening morning of us being there we were planning on finding a stalk, he showed up that morning driving his girlfriends car so we took my pickup, he drove. At the end of 5 days dad was the only one that had killed it was a decent 2 1/2 year old which Justin was disgusted about, which I was happy for the old man and glad he had we ate half of it while being their, the week ended and we gave him a stack of cash we had all chipped in for, for his efforts, he counted it in front of us and never replied with a single word like we had stiffed him. He had a really lazy approach to the whole business IMO, the greatest part of the week was watching trump win the election!!

07-Mar-23
This is the email I got

07-Mar-23

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

07-Mar-23
Those outfitters in Nebraska have tons of expenses! DW payments are much higher than years ago. And with diesel being so expensive , they are barely gettin by! 16k is a bargain for a mid 170's muley in Nebraska! Any of the outfitters will tell you that in a minute! And did I mention you get to hunt where the TV hunters go every year for nearly free?

:)

07-Mar-23
Wow I didn't know he was that high, but he does kill slammers

07-Mar-23
Be aware that localized mule deer numbers may be extremely low or almost nonexistent in areas with blue tongue. Be sure to ask the outfitter if they've had any die-offs.

08-Mar-23
Idk of anywhere that has a significant die off too blue tongue mule deer seem to not be affected the same way whitetails are not in our area anyway, as far as 16,000$ for a hunt, Simmons don’t own a deer worth that much just my opinion but Nebraska Sandhills fu$&&” really what’s the world coming too..

09-Mar-23
Yes, there are a lot of mule deer in Nevada! I often go there if I'm not working on creating drawing here how to draw easily and simply! There is beautiful nature and the weather often happens!

09-Mar-23
Yes Derrick, weather happens every day, especially in Nebraska.

• Sitka Gear