WI Shedhead 17-Mar-23
LUNG$HOT 17-Mar-23
rattling_junkie 17-Mar-23
Goelk 17-Mar-23
Firsty 18-Mar-23
Bou'bound 19-Mar-23
16-Mar-23

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link
I sponsored a university study this past year to gain a better scientific understanding of arrow flight with fixed blade broadheads including extensive computational fluid dynamic modeling as well as empirical testing. This study included Iron Will broadheads on the front and six of the top vanes in the industry on the back along with new designs. The new Iron Will Hybrid Hunter vane performed the best overall when they weighed accuracy, stability, drag, spin-up, wind drift, and sound. This vane was also a favorite of my testing. I decided to offer these to our customers in full length shafts as well as precision machine built arrows to provide the most accurate and forgiving arrow setup for our broadheads.

We start with a 5mm Easton Axis shaft which is made in the USA with their pultrusion process for inherently consistent mechanical properties. We then fletch three Iron Will Hybrid Hunter vanes at a consistent 3° right helical orientation. I worked with AAE to have these vanes manufactured for us and Easton to have them machine fletched.

Our cutting and squaring process is an industry first I believe. We have a machinist individually chucking up each arrow in a machining center and precisely cutting and squaring both ends of the shaft. This is something I've always wanted for myself to get the best nock to shaft to point alignment and consistent pressure from the string to the nock to the shaft from arrow to arrow. We also install the HIT inserts precisely in this machine.

We add AAE IP Nocks standard to our custom built arrows for excellent strength, consistency, and great string reaction which we have observed with high speed video.

On price, we are selling a dozen full length fletched shafts for $189.95. Machining the ends and adding components goes up from there. We will be selling the vanes and full length fletched shafts for those who want to completely or partially build their own arrows. For those that want to buy arrows completely built for them, we are now providing very accurate, forgiving, and consistent arrows for bowhunters.

16-Mar-23

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo

16-Mar-23

Bill V - Iron Will 's Link

16-Mar-23
They look the part.

16-Mar-23
I had the pleasure of meeting Bill last weekend at the CBA banquet. He is great guy with great company make some top the line products.

16-Mar-23
Thanks John. It was great to meet all the Colorado bowhunters there.

16-Mar-23
Ordered mine a few days ago! Have always been a fan of the Iron Will arrow system. And have wanted to go back to the Axis arrow for awhile now. Thought this was the perfect opportunity.

17-Mar-23
I'll check them out. I've shot axis or fmj arrows exclusively for years now.

17-Mar-23
They look great Bill.

17-Mar-23
WOW those look awesome

17-Mar-23
They look excellent!!!!!! Any chance of you releasing a version in the 4mm long range axis?

17-Mar-23
They look excellent!!!!!! Any chance of you releasing a version in the 4mm long range axis?

17-Mar-23
Hey Bill, maybe I’m wrong but those look like the “Max Hunter” vanes not the “Hybrid”. Is that right?

17-Mar-23
Maxx Hunters also have a hybrid version, but these could be different?

17-Mar-23
Hybrid refers to the AAE vane material that we use. We are using the Max Hunter profile, but with the Hybrid material. This Hunter profile was found to be the best overall through the university study, especially for stability, accuracy, and spin up. The testing also showed the Hybrid Hunter had less drag, noise, and wind drift than the Max.

17-Mar-23
Will this work for trad shooters as well.

18-Mar-23
I love my axis tipped with 100 grain Wasp Jakhammer!

19-Mar-23
Any photos of the varying case by chance?

20-Mar-23

Here is a photo of the travel case.

27-Mar-23
We won't have a 4mm option this year, just the 5mm. These vanes are the same profile as the Max Hunter but in the Hybrid material. A few trad shooters are setting these up now. I think they will work fine with a raised rest, but I can report back. All of the university testing was on compound bows.

• Sitka Gear