Glunt@work 21-Mar-23
Treeline 21-Mar-23
fuzzy 22-Mar-23
BULELK1 22-Mar-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Mar-23
21-Mar-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Buddy needed to borrow a 45-70 for a bison hunt. Not from one of the wild herds but from a big place with no high fence and little human interaction. I ended up with a bit of meat in the freezer. Good stuff.

21-Mar-23
Glunt In reality, looking at your plate of awesomeness, does it matter if the Bison was shot free range and made Pope and Young or high fenced or low fenced or killed in a trailer.

Sometimes it's seems that Scoring protein has to many rules

Enjoy that Bison!!!

21-Mar-23
Put another piece of meat on that plate!! LOL

21-Mar-23
Glunt, from that delicious dish you should start a restaurant... damn that looks good, and the presentation looks awesome.

21-Mar-23
Dang right. Load it up Less veggies

21-Mar-23
That is beautiful Glunt!

I'm with RK on getting protein.. Bison is good however you come by it.

way back when I was a kid my dad read in old George Herter book about Custer State Park's buffalo slaughter house and their annual roundup (I got to witness it 4 or 5 years ago, quite a spectacle). He sent them a letter saying he'd take half of a yearling.

He'd almost forgot about it and one day my Mom got a call from the Elk River train station our buffalo meat was in. We went and paid, picked it up. It was frozen, packaged just like a beef, took it home.

I remember it was really good, leaner than beef but wonderful eating to a young boy.

21-Mar-23
No worries, I was eating it straight out of the crockpot before I dished up a plate. Family made short work of the rest.

21-Mar-23
Yummy!

22-Mar-23
Wow that looks amazing.

22-Mar-23
Yummy!!

Enjoy,

Robb

22-Mar-23
Love bison. Use to have a buffalo farm near the house we use to go pick up meat at all the time growing up. Burgers, steaks, roasts everything. Not “wild” but still damn good.

• Sitka Gear