bowhunt 23-Mar-23
Woods Walker 23-Mar-23
LUNG$HOT 23-Mar-23
PushCoArcher 23-Mar-23
Beendare 23-Mar-23
23-Mar-23

DanaC's Link
"Man Blames “Elk Fever” for Poaching Multiple Animals in Oregon

The man killed, tagged, and processed a cow elk and left the scene. Then he returned and fired at will into the herd "

** IMO This guy needs to lose his hunting and gun rights for life. Plus mandatory psychiatric evaluation. **

"According to the authorities, he cited “elk fever” for his actions and expressed remorse when he reported his crimes. "

'Elk fever' my fat pink a$$.

23-Mar-23
"Elk Fever".....only in Oregon.

23-Mar-23
Don’t hold your breath for a harsh punishment.

A guy was recently Charger with poaching a bull elk in the Wenaha Unit. It takes 20 plus years to draw one of the very limited elk tags in this unit. It is THE most sought after tag in the state.

He shot a 5x6 bull out of season, had no tag, and left the whole animal to rot.

Below is the result of the investigation and prosecution of him.

“On January 20, 2023, Cody Murrill appeared in the Union County Circuit Court and plead guilty to the charges. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail; 12 months’ probation; forfeiture of the rifle used in the unlawful taking, and $440 in fines.”

23-Mar-23
Does that count as a 'felony'? Barring him from gun ownership?

23-Mar-23
Hang um.

23-Mar-23
psych eval. That's a weird one.

23-Mar-23
My question is why didn’t they release the name of the idiot.

23-Mar-23
"psych eval. That's a weird one. "

Why? I'd for dam' sure like to know if a guy who goes on a crazy shooting spree is a threat to people and not just elk.

23-Mar-23
Hey Dana, I don’t ever recall a poaching case in in Oregon resulting in a felony.

There may have been some felony cases, I remember several where the people were convicted of poaching 20-30 big game animals. I just don’t recall the final sentences of those few cases.

23-Mar-23
"Does that count as a 'felony'? Barring him from gun ownership?"...depends on how it is classified in the state statute and what it was prosecuted as. "My question is why didn’t they release the name of the idiot."...just look in the court records, it's public record.

23-Mar-23
I'm not familiar with laws there, seems they ought to assign a dollar value to each animal killed. What amount of money turns a theft from 'misdemeanor' to 'felony'?

If three dead elk is a 'misdemeanor' something ain't right.

23-Mar-23
In Oregon there is a “trophy” fine that can be implemented

6point bull on one side= $15000.00 fee to ODFW

4 point buck = $7500 fee to ODFW

23-Mar-23
I would guess the unnamed guy that got “elk fever” will have $5k to $10k in fines and lose his hunting rights for 3 years.

I think the landowner will get $1000 per cow and $3k-4k for the bull in restitution out of the total for the loss of those animals off his land.

Sometimes that is how it works, but you never know.

23-Mar-23
Let's not rush to judgement now gang. Maybe this poor soul is "Species Fluid", and on that particular day he identified as a wolf! What kind of new pronoun would that be....Molf"? Man+wolf? And as we all know, wolves can kill anything, anytime they wish!

23-Mar-23
With the way things are going we need to build more mental asylums.

23-Mar-23
Beaver fevers been the downfall of many a man. As for the "elk fever" defense they should nail him to the wall.

23-Mar-23
If he is tried by a Portland ‘Jury of his Peers’ of hack environmentalists and Anti’s …he will be let off in a flash….

• Sitka Gear