wytex 26-Mar-23
BULELK1 02-Apr-23
23-Mar-23

BULELK1's Link
And the Elk Proposal #

Dated 03/16/23

Good luck, Robb

23-Mar-23
Interesting. I looked at the deer proposals and saw that even though western Wyoming has 200-400% snowfall from average the only change was imposing a 3 point minimum on bucks. For elk in that area I see more cow tags and longer cow seasons in some areas. Thanks Robb.

23-Mar-23
Quite a few increases on elk and not many reductions, interesting considering the conditions. Guessing the cow tag increases are related to more depredation complaints this year from ranchers?

23-Mar-23
I'm surely mis-reading that because it looks like a "Special" License has earlier start dates than a "Regular" License. I understand that archery dates are earlier, but the new wording added in blue is confusing.

23-Mar-23
Brotsky - its been documented that some of the elk areas have too many elk to support other wildlife feed [i.e. deer] - especially the areas around the Snowies/Sierra Madres

23-Mar-23
sticksender, it’s not referring to special licenses. It’s referring to the special archery season. When Type 1,4, 6 7 licenses holders can buy an archery license to hunt during archery season, that season is called the special archery season. What some refer to as rifle or gun season is called regular season in Wyoming.

23-Mar-23
Thanks for the info Brad, didn't know that!

23-Mar-23
Looking at the WY snowtel site, it looks like less snow up there than in Colorado. Looks like Western half of Colorado is going to see some big impacts.

Unfortunately, CPW will not cut tag allocations to account for the losses and it will end up taking a lot of years to recover. Add in wolves and Colorado big game numbers are going really struggle…

23-Mar-23
Good news for cow elk hunters, some restrictions have been lifted in some areas. Looks like less opportunity near Jackson though: https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/environmental/local/wildlife-managers-look-to-slash-grand-teton-elk-hunt-by-over-90/article_68a2d632-cf1c-5797-9482-20ca3c3a7a4d.html

23-Mar-23

Mule Power's Link
Looks like that’s in the park

24-Mar-23
You are Welcome.

My desired cow unit does now show some tags available.

I might have to change/modify my appl.

Good luck, Robb

26-Mar-23
when will we know if these proposals are approved or not?

26-Mar-23
^^^^ When the game commission meets. Best I remember, it’s typically in May?

26-Mar-23
Comment period is open until March 29, closes at 5 pm on all proposals. Commission meets on April 17-18 and passes or changes anything then. Governor then has to actually sign them into law in early May but rarely if ever does anything get changed from what the Commission approves in April.

This link has the proposed regs for all and the link to the videos shown at local meeting in each area. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Get-Involved/Public-Meetings

02-Apr-23

BULELK1's Link
Harvest Data

Scroll down for units

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear