Bowfreak 27-Mar-23
wv_bowhunter 27-Mar-23
Buglmin 27-Mar-23
WV Mountaineer 27-Mar-23
Rut-N-Strut 27-Mar-23
WYelkhunter 31-Mar-23
carcus 01-Apr-23
26-Mar-23
Anyone have an Elite Omnia? What’s your thought/how many arrows do you have Down range… shot one today and kinda really like it. Felt like the draw cycle dips off kinda quick into the valley but still a pretty smooth drawing bow at 70lbs..

26-Mar-23
What is the brace height on it?

I’m asking because I went and checked out the Mathews phase 4 and V3 yesterday. Really nice bows and I can’t believe how dead in the hand and quiet they are. It’s scary really. But, I cannot convince myself a 6” brace height is something I’d like after a while. Especially wearing cold weather clothing.

I don’t know why I’ve got the itch for a new bow. Mine is 6 years old. I don’t always hunt with a compound either. And, my current bow I shoot very well. But, those wide risers are sure stable to aim. I figure it’ll increase my yardage I reckon. And, I’m likely going to stay with what I have.

Nothing with a 7 inch brace is going to be quicker at my draw. Few are going to be quieter. I just got the urge to tinker I reckon.

27-Mar-23
It’s a 6” BH.

27-Mar-23
Nick, you can infinitely adjust the let-off on that cam, right? That would definitely affect how much of a “dump” you would feel at the end of the draw cycle. I really want to shoot one of those Omnias, too.

27-Mar-23
On the Omnia, you can adjust let off, tune with the cable guard, and tune by shifting the limb pockets. The Omnia took the bow market by storm. Guys are loving them. We let guys shoot bows side by side, the Omnia, VTM, Phase 4, and the Fortis. We don't sell many Mathews bows anymore.

I've been shooting an Omnia since early November or 2022. Shooting 58 pounds at 28", a 452 grain arrow at 288 fps. The bow is dead in the hand at the shot, no vibrations, no jump, just sits there, And I don't have any stablizers on it. I've sold 16 Omnia's at the shop, guys just can't believe how good they shoot and feel. And the Elite warranty is one of the best.

27-Mar-23
I hunt in manitoba, since string stops a 6"bh is fine, even with extreme cold weather clothing on, i wouldn't even hestitate with a 5"bh , you just get more speed which is the most important factor in accuracy in hunting situations

27-Mar-23
Apparently the smooth mod for the Omnia takes care of the bit of dump into the valley and you don't lose much speed. But my experience is just set the draw weight to what you can comfortably handle and any cam is doable. I have an Enkore and love it. Its a 50#er that maxes at 52# and shoots as fast as my old 60# bows and is easy for me to draw. Also have two Synergys I've been hunting with for several years. Love them too. I'm an Elite fan.

27-Mar-23
6" BH with a string stop is a non-issue. Older bow without the string stops it was more of a concern, but you wont notice it now at all.

27-Mar-23
I agree with CAS_HNTR. I was wary of 6" brace bows until I decided to try one. I did not have an issue with cold weather heavy clothing at all. Shot deer with that bow in Cabelas Berber Fleece which is very bulky clothing. No problem. With the string stop, proper grip (not choking the chicken), and the proper draw length it should be no problem at all.

27-Mar-23
All you guys that say a string stop fixes the problem I want to believe you. But, 2 guys bought a phase 4 while I was shooting the different bows. All complained that they were getting slapped at the wrist. Is that a form issue then?

27-Mar-23
A word about brace hieght. Pos. It gets a few more fps. Cons. Bow torque. Some think they have hand torque but it's really bow torque the more the riser is set back from the limb pockets the more it will want to torque side to side Less stable.

27-Mar-23
I think that would be the number one bow on my list if I was shopping. 6” brace concerns me a bit, but it wouldn’t stop me from buying it if it was my favorite bow.

This guys getting wrist slap with a modern compound simply don’t know how to shoot! I’ve shot dozens of different bows (both that fit me and didn’t) and probably have not been hit by a string in 25 years! My bet is they were way too long in the draw, but only a guess.

—Jim

27-Mar-23
Ya I’m with tree man about the wrist slap….probably got it once or twice on my first real bow when I was 12-13 years old. Can’t remember if it happened sense then lol

27-Mar-23
Just a FWIW….

Some years ago, F&S ran a review of some high-performance bows and tested specifically for any signs that brace height was compromising accuracy and they came up unable to support that notion… But BigDog has a point.

Seems to me that an increase in arrow mass might help offset the issue a bit.

27-Mar-23
If you have pie plate accuracy at 20 yards it doesn't matter what the BH of your bow is. Granted, most shorter BH bows are more than sufficient for hunting bows but the average archer will not be as accurate with them. Bows are so good now that it is nearly impossible for a bow to be the limiting factor in accuracy. However, great archers can shoot anything great.

27-Mar-23
A few years ago I finally decided to hang up my Mathews Q2 after 2+ decades. I ended up with the VXR 31.5. Those bows were so different, the drop from 7.5 to 6” brace height didn’t really stick out to me. I haven’t had an issue of slapping my arm at all. I also have a really short draw at 27.5”. As someone mentioned above, I did notice a large jump in speed. Granted that all wasn’t from the shorter brace height given all of the technology advancements in the new bow but I am sure it didn’t hurt.

27-Mar-23
The Omnia has less deflex in the riser compared to both Hoyt and Mathews. Bow torque is a shooter's issue. And getting slapped in the wrist is either grip, or draw length too long and they were stretched out too far, not able to relax the elbow and shoulder. It takes a lot to get slapped in the wrist. We see this with young inexperienced shooters. If you want a more accurate bow, especially for shooting longer distances, then go to a longer axle to axle bow.

27-Mar-23
There’s my answer. Thanks fellas.

27-Mar-23
My good buddy shoots for Elite. He said the Omnia is pretty much the Era, just not carbon. He’s thinking he’s going to pick one up himself he likes it that much. I would say go for it!!

31-Mar-23
I don't care what reviews and studies say. I personally have shot shorter brace height bows that just didn't shoot as well as bows with longer brace height for me. It is all about the shooter and how the bow fits them.

01-Apr-23
I shot my pse xpedite and omen wearing heavy clothing, the string was not even close to contacting my clothing, lets not forget speed is the most important factor in accuracy during hunting situations. That said, its not a factor if you only shoot 20 yards and in

• Sitka Gear