DEMO-Bowhunter 04-Apr-23
Zbone 04-Apr-23
LBshooter 04-Apr-23
LBshooter 04-Apr-23
Flyingarcher 01-May-23
Rgiesey 01-May-23
EWOK 06-May-23
30-Mar-23
I want to tip my hat to Curt Wells. Just watched his show on a mountain goat hunt. He is 67. I am 73 and memories are on the wall.

No shot and no kill. Yet it was his BEST show. This is what TV hunts should be, showing real hunts.

I really enjoyed it. Goat hunting is tough. Thanks again Curt.

30-Mar-23
Agree, it was a great show. I can relate when he slid down and banged up his shoulder.

All the guys at Bowhunter are class acts. Always have been.

30-Mar-23
Curt sure seems to be a great guy and always has been around me. Count Matt palmquist as a friend so I’m biased

30-Mar-23
I also like the show.

02-Apr-23
Best in Class!!!

Mark

03-Apr-23
No ridiculous music, no silly, “catchy” phrases

I like how he shows warts and all when he screws up. And really appreciate the retired dentist tech tips.

03-Apr-23
I agree with all. Bowhunter is the best and Curt is top notch. FWIW...Randy Ulmer is a retired Veterinarian.

03-Apr-23
Thanks Bowfreak on the Randy Ulmer vocation. I’m not sure where dentist came from. Stupid Brain !

03-Apr-23
The is some known bowhunter who was a dentist

03-Apr-23
You mean the one that shot Cecil?

03-Apr-23
I kept hearing the guys here on bow-site talk up the episode and finally watched it late last night. It's sad that he couldn't have ridden into the sunset of his life victorious on mountain goats. He did seem philosophical about it and at least he tried.

I drew a tag a couple years ago in Montana and managed to shoot a billy with my rifle. The mountain range was inaccessible from fires up until a couple days before the season started. I had my son pack my rifle while I carried my bow and I was conflicted a little that I didn't shoot him with my bow.

After watching the episode and understanding the many variables with goat hunting, I'm at peace and grateful for the hunt with my son and how we made the best of our situation. I just turned 51 and I'm not sure that I would want to tackle those steep cliffs again. You can't apply for 7 years in Montana once you've drawn a goat tag and then the best case scenario is I would probably be Curt's age if I was able to draw the tag again.

03-Apr-23
“Sad that he rides into the sunset of his life without a goat”

Let’s keep this in perspective…….It’s a damn goat….anyone who doesn’t get one will be just fine. It’s not like he lost his life-long soulmate or something.

03-Apr-23
Curt is a modern icon. Great writer and kind fella

03-Apr-23
How do they afford it all? I love the show.

04-Apr-23
What season or show number is the Mtn Goat hunt?

04-Apr-23
Bou'bound - Not to highjack this thread, but a well-known hunter who was a Pittsburgh dentist and former SCI president in the news recently for murdering his wife on a hunt in Africa...

04-Apr-23
Hey Bou’ “It’s a damn Goat” blasphemy:>))

The mountain goat is the G.O.A.T. He lives above sheep for a reason.

I can’t believe people pay more to hunt sheep than Goats. while Goats watch from above.

All in jest, trying to be funny here

04-Apr-23
It was Tred Barta ( God rest his soul) who showed the successful and unsuccessful shows. As he put it, he did it the hard way. One of the best shows Tred ever did was a grizzly bear hunt, stalking within 8/10 yards on his last afternoon of his hunt to take a decent bear with his long bow.

04-Apr-23
It was Tred Barta ( God rest his soul) who showed the successful and unsuccessful shows. As he put it, he did it the hard way. One of the best shows Tred ever did was a grizzly bear hunt, stalking within 8/10 yards on his last afternoon of his hunt to take a decent bear with his long bow.

01-May-23

Flyingarcher's embedded Photo
I'm the nerd in the red shirt.
Flyingarcher's embedded Photo
I'm the nerd in the red shirt.
I was fortunate enough to meet Curt at the Pope & Young Convention this April in Reno. He, along with everyone else, was super nice and happy to share their thoughts and experiences. I'm looking forward to seeing this episode on Goats as it is on my list. Also, if folks want to see real hunting, check out Western Hunter. Those guys do it all on public land and have as many tags eaten as kills. Truly what we all experience. Has to be my favorite hunting show.

01-May-23
Nate Simmons does a great job!

06-May-23
If it was a sure thing, it would not be a challenge. Good show!

• Sitka Gear