Groundhunter 01-Apr-23
Franzen 01-Apr-23
HDE 01-Apr-23
craigmcalvey 01-Apr-23
Supernaut 01-Apr-23
Pop-r 06-Apr-23
SufyanOrr 12-Jun-23
31-Mar-23
I’ve always used neoprene of rubber boots for deer hunting. Longest walk to a stand is 1/2-3/4 mile. If price isn’t a factor, what other option than neoprene is warm and dry? I would prefer not to have boot covers. I do hunt a couple very wet areas and obviously the muck boots would go there still. Open to suggestions.

Craig.

31-Mar-23
Not sure about the warmth factor so much but I’ve used my snake boots in swamps almost as high as the boot and stayed bone dry. They are very comfortable once broken in. I believe I have Rockys

01-Apr-23
Attempting to ascertain how to submit an application for an elk preference point in Florida. I just want to apply for another point this year because I already have one. I can't find the information I need on the website World's Hardest Game because it is complicated. Someone, please?

01-Apr-23
WHG is yet another spam-bot.

01-Apr-23
You said it Craig. Leather and insulation is plenty dry. So are combination leather boots. They can be warm. Much warmer than any rubber boot because they breathe better. So, I’d find a pair I liked and buy them.

I’m not a rubber or muck boot fan when it comes to hunting. It’s simply too steep here and I gotta walk to far. So, I’ve always worn other options. Give them a try. I think you’ll find that they are far more comfortable. And, your feet will thank you for it.

01-Apr-23
I always travel with 2-3 pairs of boots…. Few years ago I forgot my regular boots on the top of the truck and drove away with out them, work found them in the parking lot 4 hours into the trip…I said ehh I’ll be fine with my rubbers…. Nope. Ended up driving 1.5 hours each way to a hunting store to get new boots. Made it down the mountain and thought I might die going back up… I made it. But my socks were ruined feet were killing me and I had to carry my rubber boots the whole way up the mountain. Wasn’t exactly “fun”.

01-Apr-23
For the past 15 plus years, I've worn Danners.

Wide width, GoreTex and 800 grams of Thinsulate. The boots still keep me dry.

At least twice each year, I apply a couple of coats of Sno Seal on these boots.

It does a decent job of limiting water from soaking into the leather, or the boots get heavy.

Also, the high end Danners are made in the USA.

01-Apr-23
Danner Pronghorns 800. From Colorado to the UP best boot for my feet.

When I trapped alot, I would wear out any boot with neoprene in a season.

01-Apr-23
For the walking you describe, I don't see why you wouldn't stick with what you are doing. If it is really steep terrain, maybe not; you didn't elaborate. I don't find that leather boots result in long-term moisture resistance. If you have Mucks, maybe try a different brand. Mucks are fine for what they do, but for me that is not a distance walking boot.

01-Apr-23
Keep in mind, if stationary, leather can get cold...

01-Apr-23
It’s all level ground hunting. My mucks work ok, but don’t breathe at all obviously. So maybe I just need to buy some leathers and try them out . All my hunting is from tree stands.

01-Apr-23
I'll give another vote for the Danners.

I bought a pair for this past season and really like them. They were very comfortable and kept my feet warm. I ended up getting my son a pair as well.

I should add that I hunt in PA and mostly from my portable so I'm not putting on miles in the Rocky Mountains in my boots. I do walk a couple miles a day hunting sometimes and had zero comfort issues.

06-Apr-23
I have a couple pairs of them Danners (13M) still in the box if someone so high on them wanted to buy them. One of them has about a mile on them.

12-Jun-23
Hey there! When it comes to finding insulated leather boot options for deer hunting, there are indeed alternatives to neoprene that can provide warmth and dryness. If you're open to exploring different options, you might find this article helpful. It discusses seven important things to consider before buying a leather bag, but it also offers insights into leather products and their qualities https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/7-things-to-look-out-for-before-buying-a-leather-bag.

As for hunting boots, insulated leather options can offer both style and functionality. They provide excellent durability and, when properly treated, can offer good water resistance. It might be worth looking into brands that specialize in hunting gear and offer insulated leather boots designed for various terrains and weather conditions.

• Sitka Gear