cnelk 02-Apr-23
BTM 02-Apr-23
cnelk 02-Apr-23
cnelk 02-Apr-23
cnelk 02-Apr-23
Zbone 02-Apr-23
Coyote 65 27-Oct-23
02-Apr-23
At my small hunting shack without electric we use a Mr Heater Buddy Portable Propane Heater but always a health concern about oxygen and waking up and been thinking about maybe trying these electric portable room heaters and a AC portable power pack/bank/station... While working around construction sites, see a lot of them used by crews for their radios, stereos, etc... Any sugestions, comments or review on which model for one to supply enough power to run a room heater a couple nights and possibly some during the day depending on the weather? Thanks ahead...

02-Apr-23
A small heater draws 750/1500 watts depending on low or high. Way more than a radio. Maybe paired with a small inverter/generator?

02-Apr-23
Ditto DanaC you're not going to have enough stored power for heating.

02-Apr-23
I watched a video on you tube concerning this very topic. He run out u is f heat after 5 hours.

02-Apr-23
My suggestion is a fish house / RV Furnace. They are ducted and 100% safe and will run for a couple days on a deep cycle 12V battery.

02-Apr-23
We use electric heat for camping due to the condensation and O2/CO risk. Maybe try a small powered inverter. We use a champion 3500 watt dual fuel gas/propane portable inverter generator. Just plug in your electric heater. It runs on propane or gas.

02-Apr-23
Second on rv heater runs on 12v and propane. Find a old camper are pop up and take the unit out.

02-Apr-23
Have had the Mr heater wall mount ventless in my shop for years never a issue, also get a couple carbon monoxide battery testers and put in tent are cabin

02-Apr-23
My Heaters have an oxygen sensor built in to automatically turn off. Always a good idea to have a CO2 sensor in a cabin or any enclosed space

02-Apr-23
Depending on how much heat you want/need, you might want to consider the Olympian Wave 3 (or 6) catalytic heater. I use the smaller Wave 3 in my pop-up truck camper because it requires no electricity; that works for me because I don't want the hassle of a generator.

It still needs a steady oxygen supply (not a problem in my leaky pop-up!), but it doesn't produce CO. (Just to be on the safe side, I bought a small CO detector, however.)

The Wave 3 has worked pretty well in taking the bite out of cold Octobers in Wyoming. It gives me an extra 10 degrees at night, and it sure helps when I slide it next to me while gearing up on a frosty morning. It also lasts a long time when connected to a five-gallon propane tank.

The Wave 6 puts out more heat, but I like the way my Wave 3 tucks under the table.

02-Apr-23
^^^ another good option. I put a Wave 3 in my 17’ camper - in addition to the existing furnace. It takes no electricity / battery and just sips propane.

02-Apr-23

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I made this adapter for my Mr Heater. It holds a heat generated fan. Makes a big difference in circulation of heat

02-Apr-23

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

02-Apr-23
Thanks folks...

27-Oct-23
I live in an area with frequent power outages in the winter. I use a pellet stove for our primary heat source. I have a 12kw backup generator with a 500 gallon propane tank to keep the house lights on and the pellet stove alive. As a back up in case the generator fails I have a Titan solar generator that will keep the pellet stove alive for a couple of days. 800 watts of solar cells will help keep the Titan charged up.

The most we have been snowed in was 3 days before the county plowed our road. However with the coming ice age it may take them longer.

Terry

• Sitka Gear