Grey Ghost 04-Apr-23
LKH 04-Apr-23
7mm08 04-Apr-23
Groundhunter 04-Apr-23
BULELK1 07-Apr-23
Grey Ghost 07-Apr-23
12yards 07-Apr-23
03-Apr-23
Looks like another huge storm headed for Utah and Wyoming. If so will be the nail in the coffin for many deer and elk just hanging on now.

03-Apr-23
It's already coming down here at my home this early AM......

Dang it,

Robb

03-Apr-23
Yep we’re going to get some snow this evening.

03-Apr-23
Winter Storm Warning Western Wyoming 4 hours ago – National Weather Service WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT TUESDAY... * WHAT...Periods of heavy snow. Total snow accumulations of 15 to 20 inches.

03-Apr-23
Craig, CO 10-Day Weather Forecast

The Weather Channel https://weather.com › weather › tenday › Craig+CO Cloudy with rain and snow this evening. Snow showers overnight. Low 22F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

03-Apr-23
18-24" here in South Dakota again this week. Will be the end of the road for many an antelope and deer.

03-Apr-23
Up to a foot for northern MN forecast from that same system. Deer are really struggling now.

03-Apr-23
Chance for a small squall tonight and tomorrow, 70 deg and sunny for this weekend.

Winter is over in in the Four Corners area.

03-Apr-23
"Within just a few years, winter snowfall will be a rare and exciting event. Our children won't know what snow is." Dr. David Viner, leading climate scientist, March 2020.

03-Apr-23
Looks like we may dodge the bullet here in the southeast/south central part of the state. As of yesterday we were under a winter storm watch calling for possibly a foot or more. As of this morning, we’ve been downgraded to a winter weather advisory with 2”-6” possible, including the Saratoga Valley and Baggs. Unfortunately, looks like those to the north of us are going to get hammered. They’re calling for 15”-20” in Casper and 24”-36” on Casper Mountain.

03-Apr-23
^^^^ haven't heard much about the Saratoga valley, is it bad in there too or just West over towards Baggs? Looking ok here around Laramie, no snow on the ground for us.

03-Apr-23
Pam, my buddy sold his place in Encampment a couple years ago so don’t have any firsthand knowledge, but from what I’ve heard the valley’s in pretty good shape until you get south of Encampment. Another downside to all this snow and late arriving spring is when it finally does start warming up, there’s going to be some major flooding all along the North Platte.

03-Apr-23
Anyone know about Montana?

03-Apr-23
On the bright side, it's shaping up to be one of the best fishing seasons the west has had in several years.

Matt

03-Apr-23
We got hit hard last week in MT. 36" at my house over the course of 3 days. Still lots of snow on the ground and Mountains inaccessible. Looks like some forecast for Tuesday but long term after that finally looks sort of like spring.....meaning some highs in the 50s. Haven't seen that in a long long time. Still freezing hard at night. Have shed trips we usually do the first week of April that are totally not happening this year.

03-Apr-23
8-12" forecasted here, coupled with 40mph winds. Oh the joy!

03-Apr-23
We (NW Ontario) are in the target of a Colorado Low starting Tuesday Eve to Thursday. We dont have too much snow right now. Then Spring begins!!

03-Apr-23
Rumor of extreme tag cuts for NW Colorado this year. Meeting at Steamboat CMC Thursday. To me it seems like a perfect way to propose postponing the wolf release….if it’s true the ultra high percentage of winter kill.

04-Apr-23
Trying to decide if I want to move out west or down south. Well this decision was easy.

04-Apr-23
87 here yesterday ??

04-Apr-23
It's snowing again here this early AM, looks like 3-4 inches already on the ground.

Even with my snowblower my back is in pain!

Even if I have to use 4 x 4-wheel drive, I like to walk it out at the gym, inside track is 1/10th of a mile lap.

Good luck, Robb

04-Apr-23
"On the bright side, it's shaping up to be one of the best fishing seasons the west has had in several years"

Yep, our home lake will rise 20' this year.

04-Apr-23
I know having all this snow sucks for animals and humans. But on the flip side it can have positive effects on the drought and help the water levels in the lakes. Maybe even cut down on the wildfires.

04-Apr-23
It’s going to do all that. You can bet on it.

04-Apr-23
Boris, it can be a real boost to wildfires. Just a few years ago we had a massive late snow season, and the moisture brought the understory to waist high. Great for antler growth, but... Then it dried out in July, lightning and citiots arrived, and here came the massive wildfires. Our snowpack where I live is 140% of median, and not even close to ending. This could be an awful wildfire season.

04-Apr-23
I'd still rather have the much needed water than the drought conditions we've had recently. It will be nice to see all the reservoirs back to capacity, and river flows at floatable levels all summer long. Of course, that could all change quickly, if the rest of the year is dry.

Matt

04-Apr-23
Here in Central Montana the mountains are doing well but the plains areas are in rough shape. 16 degrees Sunday night, 22 last night and it's snowing right now but it's very light with minimal water. Still in severe drought.

Been feeding the birds outside the kitchen window. Sharptails, Hungarian partridge, pheasants, sandhill cranes, blackbirds and dickey birds all there at the same time. Hopefully it will help since nothing is greening up yet.

04-Apr-23
Casper set a record of 27" of snow in one day yesterday!

04-Apr-23
When I lived in Colorado in the early 70s we were buried in snow and animals died. Look at the 60s. This happens.

07-Apr-23

BULELK1's Link
Cali is certainly benefiting from it.

Before and current pix on the link.

Good luck, Robb

07-Apr-23
Robb, that's great to see. I'm looking forward to having full reservoirs in Colorado and Wyoming, as well.

Matt

07-Apr-23
I guess the permanent drought was quite so.

• Sitka Gear