cnelk 04-Apr-23
wytex 04-Apr-23
wytex 04-Apr-23
RonP 04-Apr-23
Pop-r 04-Apr-23
wytex 05-Apr-23
BTM 06-Apr-23
04-Apr-23
I know parts of Wyoming have had very bad conditions for deer. Does anyone know how things are in the Wheatland area? Thanks

04-Apr-23
Getting lots of snow today. Are you talking in Wheatland or East or West of there, lots of variation in conditions right now. Sybille Canyon is getting snow but had none before the storm. I think Douglas was doing ok, but snowing like mad today.

pm sent

04-Apr-23
how 'bout west/SW of Wheatland? thanks.

i've been looking at road cameras and that area seems to be normal or somewhat spared this winter compared to other areas of the state. is that correct?

04-Apr-23
Ron are you asking about Laramie Peak area or more South of there?

04-Apr-23

cnelk's Link
Heres a link to Wyomings highway cams - live feed. You can see whats going anywhere you want - see link

04-Apr-23
Areas along Highway 34 were void of snow on the weekend . No ground cover until yesterday. South of the highway pretty much the same. I believe Iron Mt area, Horse Creek etc were pretty well clear of snow until this storm. It has not hit us like up near Casper, more on Wheatland side but so far not catastrophic like last huge April storm.

Check those cams listed by cnelk this weekend . I think the area will be pretty clear of snow except for drifts in certain spots. We are supposed to go drag meadows and burn ditches this weekend in Sybille Canyon for irrigation, not sure we can now.

04-Apr-23
If you all have hunts with someone specific or in a certain spot I may know something for you about them or the place. Conditions, numbers, etc.... No deer issues as if yet, pronghorn are looking ok. Elk should be just fine. Added a couple of sheep tags to the area though, ugh! Good for the herd but bad for allowing Gov. tag I think. pm me if you would like

04-Apr-23
wytex, south of laramie peak, toward rock river and elk mountain. thanks.

04-Apr-23
Casper got 26.7" yesterday which broke the ALL TIME single day snow total!

05-Apr-23
Rock River has had some good snow, Elk Mtn is covered right now. Everything close to the mountains, Snowies and Laramie Peak has had lots of snow. Laramie Valley area and along Highway 34 and South of that road are good but got snow with this storm. Rock River area may be fine but close to Elk Mtn has had tons of snow.

Laramie maybe got 2-3 inches while Casper got hammered today and yesterday with snow. It has really been weird in our area.

06-Apr-23
Heard the same report about the pounding Casper got. I'm looking to book a pronghorn hunt north of Kaycee, so I'll be watching weather reports (and this thread) closely before committing.

• Sitka Gear