Jaquomo 06-Apr-23
Starfire 06-Apr-23
midwest 07-Apr-23
JTreeman 07-Apr-23
Hunt98 07-Apr-23
06-Apr-23

Hunt98's embedded Photo
Hunt98's embedded Photo
I have a chair that I use for ‘bow and go’ type turkey hunting that has seen better days. It folds up nicely so I can carry it in my turkey vest. I’m having a hard time finding a similar replacement chair. I mostly hunt with a recurve so I need to be off of the ground somewhat for my the bottom limb clears the ground.

Do you know of a chair that has?

- Three legs and it must have a back

- Feet that don’t dig into the ground to much

- Light weight and portable

- Seat height about 15” off of the ground

- Back height about 26”

Thanks for your help!

06-Apr-23

smarba's Link
Check Amazon, the link is just one example, there are plenty of similar options

06-Apr-23
Primos makes one, so does Cabela's

06-Apr-23

Rut Nut's Link
I got one at Dick’s many years ago and liked it so much I bought another so I’d have a backup. Got them at Dick’s

06-Apr-23

Lawdog's Link
I prefer mine a lot closer to the ground. Here's a link to Bass Pro. They have a chair similar to yours as well.

06-Apr-23
Had one of those three-corner jobs years ago, worse pos I ever sat on.

06-Apr-23
I believe I got three of those chairs at Fleet Farm.

Garage sales and estates you see them sometimes too.

06-Apr-23

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I bought a few of these. Most Rural Kings or Farm/Fleet will have similar in stock. For me these fit my priority of being strong but light weight. I hunt public with long hike ins.

06-Apr-23

wild1's Link
I like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Double-Bull-Tri-Stool/dp/B016BL6W6W?th=1

06-Apr-23
I bought the Millenium chair a few years ago. Best thing I ever did. Swivels quietly, 3 legs that adjust for height and super comfortable. I have sat in it for 5-6 hours comfortably. A bit expensive but good for who knows how many years.

06-Apr-23
I hunt out of blind a lot between turkey, pronghorns and occasionally deer. A cheap bag chair is hard to beat. Those three legged triangle chairs can be hard on the balls/testicles/kahunas/nuts/gonads. For pronghorn if I am going to be able to drive out to set blind I use a zero gravity chair for those 14 hour sits and drop off a ice chest with cold drinks. The zero gravity is great for comfort, not so great carrying very far or when you might get a quick shot from a surprise direction but antelope that is usually not the case.

06-Apr-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Forgot the picture

06-Apr-23
So triangle chairs not good for trans hunters. Got it LOL

Although I agree I'm also not much of a fan of the 3 legged chairs popularized by Double Bull. Last year I used a cheap small kiddee chair with no armrests, much like JohnMC posted, to hunt bears and was surprised at how comfortable it was.

06-Apr-23
When I see threads like this it makes me hope that my Rack Pack out lives me.

06-Apr-23
I think it depends on your size/shape as to what is more comfortable............... I tried several different versions of the X-frame style stools/chairs and they just did not fit my “geometry.” But I have fairly long legs (6’2” with 34” inseam) and tend to sit with an open stance with knees out at about a 45* angle. The triangle style fits me perfectly and no excessive ball pressure.................but I could see if you had different “geometry” it could be an issue! ;-)

And whatever you get, don’t buy it at Dick’s.....................so Scoot can sleep easier at night! : )

06-Apr-23

Jaquomo's Link
I'm there with Rut Nut. I have a Cabelas Magnum and a Timber Ridge and both work for me. But the best one is the Browning swivel chair with adjustable tripod legs. Very comfortable for long sits, but not something I want to pack very far.

06-Apr-23
I've tried those three-cornered chairs and you can literally call me numb nuts after using them. I like a folding director's chair with side tray for my calls or a swivel Alps chair. I drive to most of my set ups but If I am packing in I use a Pack Rack by Magnus.

07-Apr-23
I still use my Lord-knows-how-old Double Bull tri-chair. If I remember to bring it, I set a butt pad on it for a little extra height and comfort.

07-Apr-23
Are you really having a hard time finding a replacement for that chair? I feel like is see them all the time. I’m not a huge fan, but don’t hold the distain some guys do for them.

I googled “3 leg folding chair with back” and found at least 20 options in about 5 seconds… lots of choices out there. Not sure why you would have a hard time finding a replacement… Kinda depends what you want, lots of cheap light ones, some with swivels, some high quality heavier options, etc. I’ve never used Thai brand, but thought the Chama brand looked like high quality when I’ve seen them. But they are certainly expensive and heavy looking.

—Jim

07-Apr-23
Thanks for all of the replies!

Jim- yes I’ve seen alot of the options out there but I’m having a hard time finding a chair for my specs. Mainly the seat height and then the overall weight and bulkiness of the trifold chair with back. The seat height of 15” is ideal for me. I have one at 17” but it is heavier and more bulky to fit in my game bag of the turkey vest. And yes it does make that big of a difference for my liking.

Has anyone seen a seat height of 15”?

• Sitka Gear