wisconsinteacher 14-Apr-23
midwest 16-Apr-23
ND String Puller 16-Apr-23
ND String Puller 16-Apr-23
GFL 16-Apr-23
rooster 16-Apr-23
wisconsinteacher 17-Apr-23
14-Apr-23
I switched to a thumb release last year and really like it. I currently have the TRU Ball Boss X and would like to get another release as a back up. What release is similar to the Boss X?

14-Apr-23
Why don't you just get another BossX if it's for backup?

14-Apr-23
Midwest x2

14-Apr-23
I looked online and can't find one.

16-Apr-23
Gotcha. I would say the Tru Ball Max Pro+ looks to be pretty much the same release.

16-Apr-23
I shoot the max pro, it doesn’t need to be cocked to fire. The calipers are spring loaded closed and you open them with the trigger. It makes for a good hunting release, as you can quickly get hooked up….or for a follow up shot. I shoot the older model with the buckle strap and it naturally falls into your hand if you’re stalking. If I’m in a stand I remove the strap and leave the release on the d-loop.

One thing I don’t like is the amount of trigger travel, it’s not as crisp as your boss x. But you can get used to it. I’ve spent over a grand on releases only to end up shooting a 100$ release. Good luck!

16-Apr-23

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
ND String Puller's embedded Photo

16-Apr-23
The older Boss X has a sear.

16-Apr-23
The wife and I both shot/shoot the Max Pro +. The trigger on mine got "gritty" feeling so, I replaced mine with a Trophy Ridge Precise Pro. Unlike the Max Pro it has to be cocked but other than that seems to be a good replacement.

17-Apr-23
Has anyone used the B3 Archery EXIT release? It looks like it gets good reviews.

• Sitka Gear