Glunt@work 16-Apr-23
Shaft2Long 16-Apr-23
LBshooter 16-Apr-23
Verdehunter3 16-Apr-23
carcus 17-Apr-23
APauls 17-Apr-23
14-Apr-23

Outdoorscrazy's Link
Anybody ever used or know anything about Canis? They are proud of the product looking at the $$$...

14-Apr-23
the camo looks way to dark for me,,,,,,,,,,,,

14-Apr-23
WAY too dark!!!!

14-Apr-23
Blob

14-Apr-23
Price point is arrogant in my opinion, especially when Kuiu is less expensive.

14-Apr-23
I own very little high end hunting clothing. I've lived and hunted in the west most of my life, done some trips in Canada and Alaska and have a system figured out that works for me. So, I'm not a likely customer. Camo isn't a big deal but it would be more effective a little lighter with a more open pattern. I would likely opt for solid since the other 40+ weeks a year camo is especially no big deal.

I hope they do well. Good to see entrepreneurs step up and take their shot.

14-Apr-23
If you are not hunting in woolen plaid clothes and a fedora you are nothing but a poser :)

Camo is just a crutch !!!

14-Apr-23
Overall it’s too dark, and the pattern size will cause it to blob out at a distance. Didn’t look at the $$ asi don’t buy the high end (cost) stuff.

14-Apr-23
I've been using Canis since 2018, and the clothing is very well made and very tough. I've used the pants in the deserts of NM and Arizona without rips or tears. The merino wool used in the shirts and hoodies is a very tight weave that holds up well. As for some that say it will blob, take a good look at Kiui and Sitka. Kiui is very dark and does not blend in well in lots of places. And Sitka...lol Kiui is popular cause it's cheap, and they give guides huge, huge discounts. And it doesn't matter if you're just a fishing guide, to still get 65% off. Sitka does the same thing for fishing guides. Our fishing guides get huge discounts from both Kiui and Sitka.

14-Apr-23
Ya know what doesn't blob? Most predator patterns and ASAT. That camo pattern looks like kryptek's black pattern...why even bother offering camo when you don't implement the most important design principle that makes camo effective for ungulates in the first place?? Swing and a miss.

14-Apr-23
Because camo that is effective in appealing to the eye of 20-45 year old hunters is a bigger factor than camo that is effective in the field.

It's possible to accomplish both but appealing to humans pays the bills so it is a must have.

14-Apr-23
I'm more hung up on how shiny some of it looks on their web page.

15-Apr-23
Anybody who thinks camo is a needed item in the field of hunting needs educated. Camo was made to hide people from people. It does nothing in the eyes of animals. It’s all about movement and scent.

15-Apr-23
It helps a little if/when you move. Sit still in blaze orange and the critters get fairly close. Have killed deer while wearing orange, camo, red plaid, and they all taste the same ;-)

All that being said, when turkey season opens in a week I'll be in my old ASAT jacket.

15-Apr-23
"Kiui is popular cause it's cheap,..."

Congratulations, this has been entered into the post of the year competition. The winner is selected in December and receives an entire outfit of Kuiu clothing. :)

15-Apr-23
The best technical clothing on the market is made by Kuiu. Sitka is a joke in comparison in my opinion.

15-Apr-23
For my uses, I disagree. For most cold weather guys, I’m sure you represent most others opinions.

Kuiu’s sizing has proven to me to be more proportional. I can size up as long as the size up can be tolerated in arm lengths. Also, For my kind of hunting, their baselayers just work best. And, I love my proximity jacket.

15-Apr-23
FWIW, I’ve never witnessed hunters looking like they enjoy themselves in clothes cut like that.

15-Apr-23
I was referring to the clothes in the OP. Not Sitka. But, I do agree it’s all about the cut.

15-Apr-23
All my Sitka gear is quality, I've had stuff that's 11 years old and still going strong. I wouldn't say Sitka is a joke.

15-Apr-23
the kuiu peloton 200 zip t hoodie mid layer is the best piece of clothing i have ever worn. amazing versatility with just a vest over the top if needed. from temps in the 40-50's to the teens, windy, and on the move, it performs really well.

i have tried many other mid layers including others from kuiu, nothing tops the peloton 200 for me.

i'm also a fan of their kutuna pants. top notch that are part of my everyday wear for work and play.

sitka hit it out of the park with their timberline pants. i don't think kuiu has anything quite as good.

15-Apr-23
I meant no disrespect. And, I thought I made it clear it was an euphemism of sorts. It just isn’t my pick.

Great post RonP

15-Apr-23
“ Camo is not designed to hide people, it’s designed to blend in to the background breaking up the hunter’s outline.”

It was originally designed to hide people from people. Not to hide hunters or breakup outlines of hunters.

16-Apr-23
Plenty of examples of camo in the natural world that hides predators from prey and prey from predators.

16-Apr-23
Looks like Kryptec?

16-Apr-23
Cameo,for the most part is designed to fool hunters , not game. Bill Jordan was smart enough to market camo that looks cool and when a human looks at it in woods is fooled, made millions and good for him. Now, he finally started to lighten up his camo so the the animals are fooled. The only camo I wear for my outer is ASAT camo, and in my opinion and experience with whitetail it's the best. I have had deer see me moving and still stand and stare, and I've had them walk right by me so close they've brushed my side. It is design for animals eye sight and not Human. Any company willing to refund your money if you don't see more animals is confident in heir product and when I started wearing ASAT I did start seeing more game. Price wise, you can get it from 50 all the way upto hundreds just depends on the garment . Try it for yourself and I'll bet you'll become a believer.

16-Apr-23
I don’t need to try it. Hunters have killed game for thousands of years without artificial camo. I’ve been out and been close to plenty of wild game without camo. Have killed deer, turkey, elk, etc. with no camo. Blue jeans and in some cases white tshirts. Do I own camo and wear it? Sure. But do I obsess and worry about the patterns and intensity of color contrast? Hell no.

17-Apr-23
"All my Sitka gear is quality, I've had stuff that's 11 years old and still going strong. I wouldn't say Sitka is a joke." Mine is pushing 16 years or more, its still like new, great stuff, my sitka rain gear didn't last as long but they replaced it a few years ago.

17-Apr-23
I have not bought a piece of either Sitka OR KUIU in my lifetime that isn't currently in use and what I could consider to be "great shape." I had one pair of Sitka downpour pants that sucked and they warrantied them. I prefer Kuiu for active wear, but Sitka for whitetails.

• Sitka Gear