Griz 17-Apr-23
APauls 17-Apr-23
molsonarcher 17-Apr-23
LBshooter 17-Apr-23
LBshooter 17-Apr-23
HUNT MAN 17-Apr-23
Guardian hunter 21-Apr-23
16-Apr-23
Just looking for opinions from guys who use the exodus Broadheads. How do they fly and perform once a Animal is hit?

16-Apr-23
I never had any problem getting them to fly well.

IMHO there are better options for broadheads. Out of the box they are OK sharp, but getting them razor sharp is something I have not been able to achieve personally.

Also, some of the replacement blades I have gotten for them do not fit quite right, and will not seat in the ferrule properly.

16-Apr-23
I had the opposite experience molsonarcher had. I had them sticky sharp in no time, no problems with the blade fit, and they flew really, really well. Maybe I just got lucky but another well-known Bowsiter on here that's a bigger killer than me had the same experience.

16-Apr-23
My buddy uses and swears by them…I’ve seen videos directly after his shots and they don’t go far….at all.

16-Apr-23
So I’ll throw my 2 cents in. I found them them to fly well, sharp enough for me. I am undecided on the tip, it’s nice and strong, but maybe not as sharp as a true COC head.

One issue I had was the blades hang back from the front of the arrow. Which I kinda like until I was in TX in high cross wind. My arrows are just at the front of my riser. So with those heads the blades come back past the front of the riser a bit (1/4”?) at full draw. The wind was blowing so hard when I was drawing it was pushing my arrow just a bit out of the V in the rest and when I got to full draw the back of the blades hit the front of the riser and it would pull the nock off the string! I drew 2x and finally figured it out and on the 3rd try got the pig killed. It wouldn’t be much of an issue with a bit longer Arrow, or wind from the other direction, or a big cant to the riser into the wind. But it sure sucked in that scenario.

I’ve since gone back to my tried and true slick trick Viper Tricks. But I still think the Exodous is a very good head overall.

—Jim

16-Apr-23
I have been shooting them for 2 years now, very pleased with the way they fly, very sharp too, no complaints here, there are two types of the Qad Exodus...swept, and full, the swept would be considered barbed, not legal in some states or provinces

16-Apr-23
Last year I switched from viper tricks to exodus. I like them and will use again this season. Same POI as field tips and the VT, so I had to make no adjustments. Tough heads. I shot one all summer as a practice head. Of course it was dull, but still looked brand new. I use the swept blade.

I’ve only shot 1 at an animal. 35 yard pass through on an elk. 120 yard track job.

16-Apr-23
I initially went with the QAD Exodus due to their performance on a YouTube channel that tests broadheads. They fly super well for me - dead center at 40 yards - and busted through the shoulder on my 2021 MN 10-point. I sharpen them with a broadhead guide and they score below 100 on a sharpness tester that measures the amount of pressure to cut through a standard medium. I think they are one of the top replaceable blade broadheads out there.

16-Apr-23
I used them several years, of deer, antelope, and turkey. They flew well, and penetrated exceptionally well.

17-Apr-23
I've been using them since they came out, 100gr swept version, they are wicked sharp, they fly as good as any fixed head that ive shot, and they are tough as hell, I've killed 6 moose and around 10 elk with them, I won't be changing anytime soon. Big wound channel with the 1 1/4" three blade cut!

17-Apr-23
I tried them. Ok but liked the zRam Cat better

17-Apr-23
I’ve killed three deer with them. They penetrate well and the deer don’t go far. No complaints. One of my favorite actually.

17-Apr-23
Only complaint after 20 or so deer is getting them out of the package without disemboweling myself! I built a two stone set up for sharpening the blades while in the ferrule after killing something and they come back to razor sharp with ease. Much easier than trying to sharpen the little blade inserts (yes, I am thrifty!!). Many times they are just a tiny bit dull but if they have a big nick, I toss them.

17-Apr-23
Only ones I've used were scary sharp and flew like darts. (Swept version) Never killed much with them, just because I get infatuated with the next head out there, but as far as fixed heads go, a 3 blade swept would be my #1 value choice for fixed heads. Just so happens I use mech heads mostly.

17-Apr-23
I should clarify my post. The original ones in the package were much sharper than the replacement blades that I bought for them.

Im starting to think I got a bad batch of blades after these responses above.

Regarding the tip not being sharp, i shot an antelope at 53 yards and completely broke the near side femur in 3 pieces. I dont know if a scary sharp tip would be able to do that. I never thought the chisel tip was a bad thing.

17-Apr-23
Thanks for the info guys, I'll be using them this season, looking forward to using them.

17-Apr-23
Thanks for the info guys, I'll be using them this season, looking forward to using them.

17-Apr-23
I have had great luck with them. Very impressed

21-Apr-23
Big fan. So sharp and accurate

• Sitka Gear