drycreek 19-Apr-23
ahunter76 19-Apr-23
M.Pauls 19-Apr-23
APauls 20-Apr-23
Aworoeuw 14-Aug-23
17-Apr-23

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
OK, I just had to share. On Saturday morning I went for a walk for an hour and a bit looking for some sheds. Never found any, but my wife was busy at home and walked in the living room and this is how she found my son Owen. Literally not staged. He's about 17 months old. I guess that's what you get with a rut baby born Nov 16

17-Apr-23
That is awesome!

17-Apr-23
Great picture !

17-Apr-23
Nice please keep him off the cell phone:)

17-Apr-23
Great picture !

17-Apr-23
Getting some early research in, before he hits the woods...nice job, Owen!!

17-Apr-23
Gotta love it!

17-Apr-23
Great pic!!!!! Steady diet of the good stuff and he won’t know any different. You’ll have one hooked for life

17-Apr-23
Awesome! Tell ya a little story about ‘rut babies’. My wife’s son (from a previous marriage) has his birthday in early September. After about the second year of me being gone hunting elk, and missing the birthday party, she asks me “are you going to miss his birthday every year for elk hunting?” I replied “yes - but only until he’s old enough to hunt elk - then YOU will miss every birthday”. She needed a little time to process that truth bomb. :)

17-Apr-23
Awesome pic and memory!

17-Apr-23
Ha! WhattheFOC that's awesome. Truth bomb is right!

17-Apr-23
Adam you only got a few more years of killing the "Big Buck" then he is going to be killing them all for you!

17-Apr-23
Hey John, I know this isn't what you meant, but as an aside, one thing I love that my dad did for us as kids was NOT let us shoot the big buck. Growing up, we hunted together and he kind of mentored us for a few years each. We'd sit together with a muzzleloader or rifle, and before we even started he'd say: "Adam, you can shoot any deer you want to, but if a giant walks out I am going to shoot it, and if I think it's that caliber of deer I'll just tell you to give me the gun." I never held it against him at all, and only years later really understood the value in that.

After watching a friend of mine lose the bear of a lifetime because his girlfriend wounded it this lesson from my dad rang true. I've taken a lot of new people hunting, and I always tell them exactly what my dad told me. They have no idea how rare a giant whitetail is, and they have not put in any of the effort to get to that spot. They also never care when I tell them that. It doesn't mean much to them like it does to me. We are hunting in an area I scouted, the weapon was set up by me etc. It's a waste to have the animal of a lifetime killed by a "trigger man" that doesn't understand the value of what just happened.

As soon as I was old enough to hunt for myself it was all up to me, and my thinking is it will be the same for poor little Owen ;)

17-Apr-23
Great picture!

17-Apr-23
Fine looking young man there! Looks like he is getting started the right way

17-Apr-23
Adam I never went that far with my daughter, but I get what you are saying. Her first deer was a spike. She called it a 2 point. I told her it was 11 point and put two fingers above my head and made an 11. She'd tell everyone she killed a 11 point and then put to fingers above her head. She would tell everyone that and get the best laughs.

17-Apr-23
Great photo!

17-Apr-23
Awesome.

17-Apr-23
Adam: Have you ever had a photo in that magazine? I saw the Magazine title.. C

17-Apr-23
Priceless! Mom must be so proud.

17-Apr-23
Hammertime

17-Apr-23
Valentine's Day product?

That is awesome! Great looking boy!

17-Apr-23
Awesome! Bet you can’t wait till he’s big enough to get out in the woods with you! Enjoy every moment as they go by way too fast!

17-Apr-23
hard to know 12yards we're still young enough it happens more than once a month ;)

17-Apr-23
Oh ya, he's hooked! (grin)

ElkNut

17-Apr-23
I am so confused. What happens more than once a month?

17-Apr-23
Awesome picture.

17-Apr-23
that is something special right there

17-Apr-23
Fantastic picture. Love em hard cause they grow up fast

17-Apr-23
Awesome Adam! I’m going to predict there’s a lot more awesome coming. Enjoy it.

17-Apr-23
Lol! That's awesome APauls!

17-Apr-23
Love the picture! Ali predict a lot of memories in the woods with that little guy.

17-Apr-23
That’s awesome, you’ll have to update us on his progression as a bowhunter!

17-Apr-23
Good photo! Before long he’ll be stealing your hunting equipment and hunting spots. Circle of life, my friend. ;)

17-Apr-23
That's good stuff. My 5 year old son told me that we needed to get him some real antlers to put in his room. I may have to relinquish one of my euro mounts to the boy. Can't wait until he's out there with me.

18-Apr-23
Thanks fellas. Definitely a cute kind of proud papa shot. I sure hope to make many memories one day and hope he enjoys hunting. He can't get enough of outside at the moment, so just need to keep that fire burning. One can hope! :)

18-Apr-23
Looks like dad’s rut gene’s have been passed down. That’s a great picture. Frame it and put on the wall in your house somewhere. It’ll be a great conversation piece.

19-Apr-23
Great pic, Adam! Chip off the old block.

Good thing he didn’t get into a different pile of magazines;-)

19-Apr-23
Enjoy every second of it!…..mine two are nowhere near grown up but I’d love to have them that little again…sometimes…lol

19-Apr-23

Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Steve Leffler's embedded Photo
Maybe we should set him up with my granddaughter Ruthie.

19-Apr-23
That’s awesome Adam!

19-Apr-23
Good looking kid ! Enjoy that baby, he’ll grow up while your back is turned.

19-Apr-23

ahunter76's embedded Photo
In a short time he will be going along & your hunting will just get better. I started taking my son at about 3 just to sit. He slept most time, even in tree. Then about 10 he got to go with a bow in hand. 16 Caribou in Quebec & other bowhunts in Ws. Co & Wyoming + home deer. Now, he is nearing 50, a veteran bowhunter. we have shared so many adventures that have made my Journey bowhunting even better. Cherish those early years, they pass in the blink of an eye.

19-Apr-23
Awesome pic bro. Absolutely love it

20-Apr-23
Thanks again guys. Steve - she looks like a prime candidate!! Let's talk again in 18 years!!

14-Aug-23
Oh wow, that's just adorable! It's moments like these that truly make parenting an incredible journey. Seeing your son imitating your interests is a testament to the strong bond you share. It's fascinating how kids absorb everything around them. My little one is also at that curious age, and I can't help but smile when they try to emulate the things I do.I recently stumbled upon a fantastic resource on how to get free baby stuff. Parenthood comes with its own set of challenges, and finding ways to save can be a big help. Cherish these precious moments with Owen. They grow up so fast!

• Sitka Gear