bghunter 18-Apr-23
spike buck 19-Apr-23
wild1 19-Apr-23
DWU 19-Apr-23
DWU 19-Apr-23
JTreeman 19-Apr-23
spike buck 19-Apr-23
17-Apr-23
5th trip to Africa in August includes big crocodiles. Is my buffalo arrow too much ? (915 total).

17-Apr-23
.458 mag...8^)

17-Apr-23
I’m not trying to hijack your thread, but I’m curious about something. Do you have to put the BH in the spot on top of their head? Or do you actually have the ability to hit another vital? I’ve watched too much Swamp People.

17-Apr-23
I will assume the croc is like a gator and you definatley want to avoid the skull area with a BH.

I shot my 12 foot gator with a bowfishing arrow and head from muzzy the guide had.

There are a lot more people on here with more experience then me through.

Good luck a d post photos.

18-Apr-23
Check out the Sarah bomar video of African croc bow kill. Dinosaur. Use that set up.

18-Apr-23
It seems that most people take a double lung shot with a float that attaches to the arrow. I would be most interested in learning whether a bowhunting set-up could penetrate a crocodile skull....their skulls look rather thick and heavy.....

18-Apr-23

bghunter's embedded Photo
Here is a 10 foot gator skull.

18-Apr-23

18-Apr-23
Those are gnarly photos!

18-Apr-23
I should mention this was not my gators skull. I was unaware with a life-size they keep the skull.

This skull is from the same guide I used who's client didn't want the skull and I just thought a euro of a gator skull was to cool to pass up lol

19-Apr-23

spike buck's embedded Photo
Near Darwin
Near Darwin
I took these picture's near Darwin...

19-Apr-23

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
Mara River, Tanzania.

19-Apr-23

DWU's embedded Photo
DWU's embedded Photo
I hunted croc on the Luangwa a couple years back. I didn’t get one but the plan was for a lung shot to force it out of the water and onto the river bank to avoid drowning. A stout 3 blade would work best we thought. I was hunting hippo and buffalo with a Grizzlystik Alaskan 300 grain two blade single bevel but switched to a 175 gr VPA three blade to hunt croc. The thinking was a larger hole with the 3 blade would allow more water into the lungs forcing the croc to get out of the water. Had lots of crocs on bait but the big ones are very smart.

19-Apr-23
The picture of the crocs on bait was taken with a GoPro mounted on a post.

19-Apr-23
Outfitters I’ve spoken to recommend lung shot as DWU has said. Most guys I have spoken to do not recommend the string/float set-up. Just shoot in the lungs and they will get out of the water to avoid drowning. It’s not 100%, but seems most common way. My good friend lost a monster last year when it didn’t come back up after 2 in the lungs though…

—jim

19-Apr-23

2 kinds of crocs in Aussieland, freshwater and I think salt water.
2 kinds of crocs in Aussieland, freshwater and I think salt water.
Following our boat...
Following our boat...
I took the pictures from a boat on Aligator river outside of Darwin with my camera... We were baiting them. Bait was on a long pole. Got some great photos. Called Alligator river when there are just Crocodiles.

• Sitka Gear