Inshart 19-Apr-23
Stringwacker 19-Apr-23
Lawdog 19-Apr-23
Stringwacker 19-Apr-23
Buck Watcher 19-Apr-23
pav 19-Apr-23
willliamtell 19-Apr-23
18-Apr-23
It's likely the wrong terminology but years ago I saw a tent (I think an Eureka Outfitter) that had a clip in floor...in addition to the regular floor. The 2nd floor (liner) could be clipped out to dump the debris and clipped back in. Does anybody make a tent like that today?

Doesn't look like the Eureka has anything like that now.

18-Apr-23
I have a tent floor liner I use in my Kodiak Canvas tent. Similar, you can make one pretty easily for about any tent I would imagine.

18-Apr-23
I actually do the same thing with my Kodiak. It just seems the clip in liner would be a better arrangement if for no other reason as it wouldn't slide around. I remember flying into a lake in Alaska during a caribou hunt and the fellows that had the spot just clipped out the liner, dumped it, clipped it back in. It just traveled with the tent. I thought that was pretty slick. If I hadn't just bought a $600 tent at the time for Alaska, I would have bought one when I got back.

That was 1993:)

18-Apr-23
My Cabelas Alaknak has one.

18-Apr-23
With my backpack tent I use a blue tarp inside the tent. It's a few inches wider than the tent floor all the way around so keeps you nice and dry inside. Some put the tarp under their tent but that tends to catch water and not that great.

18-Apr-23
My Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent has a liner, that buttons along the inside wall to protect the floor, it was an option and cost extra.

19-Apr-23
DGW....that's good info on a tent I've always wanted. I will check to see if it still has a liner floor option.

19-Apr-23
The alaknak and AG liners are extra but well worth it.

19-Apr-23
A related question...the Alaska Guide Outfitter tents seems like a great option. However, in reading the reviews, (while mostly good) there are also several complaints about leakage and poor zippers; quality control in general. Has anybody bought one after the Cabela/Bass Pro merger?

19-Apr-23
I can tell you I bought an alaknak after the merger. The pole went through the roof the first time I used it. The old ones were bullet proof, everything since BP took over has been Walmart quality.

19-Apr-23
Dang….I was afraid of that. It follows a pattern

19-Apr-23
The best thing I've done as far as tent camping is purchase the Kodiak. I picked up some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet that I use as a liner. I also put in a stove jack.

19-Apr-23
The Kodiak is a great tent as I have one and also use the liner that you can buy separately. I've used it in some very high winds and its pretty much bullet proof as long as you don't strike the loop fabric on top of the stake with a hammer:) That said, mine weighs a ton and I spend a lot of time driving the stakes in the ground....especially in rocky areas. I do it, but if your do it on your own its a bit more involved.

I'm kind of wanting a tent that straddles the difference between a true backpack tent and one that you have to take both feet and push out the back of the truck:) Given the weight and size of the 6 man AG tent; it looks like a good fit. Its also freestanding.

19-Apr-23
Stringwacker, I bought the Alaskan Guide 4 man tent several years ago, 2020. No issues. I also bought the liner. Well made for my purposes. Keeps me dry in Florida storms. I've also used it with a propane tent heater without issue. I've had zero issues with zippers, seams, undue wear or stress at obvious points, etc. The liner has a right and wrong way to put in. The tent is not exactly round. It's a little longer than it is wide. I believe they come in an 6, 8 or 10 man version too.

19-Apr-23
Thanks Lawdog!

19-Apr-23
I use a plastic layer under the tent to protect the tent. I use a blue tarp inside the tent big enough to go up each wall 6-10" to keep me dry incase of rainwater under the tent. Tarp can come out to clean and/or dry.

19-Apr-23
My Cabelas Bighorn has one. Really comes in handy!

19-Apr-23
My 2 cents - inner liner good for basecamp-type camping - Cabela's Alaskan with corner buttons and loops pretty nifty and good for cleaning with a lot of walk-in/out traffic. Outer liner (i.e. "footprint") more important for backpack style hunts, to keep your tent floor "bathtub" in good shape and ground debris off of it. I usually cut a piece of plastic, but there are lighter weight nylon tarps you can also buy.

• Sitka Gear