Nick Muche 21-Apr-23
kota-man 21-Apr-23
Fields 21-Apr-23
Starfire 21-Apr-23
Bigdog 21 22-Apr-23
Mad Trapper 22-Apr-23
Grey Ghost 22-Apr-23
20-Apr-23
For those of us dinosaurs that still shoot a wrist release, I would welcome other bowhunters thoughts regarding the human scent that is probably absorbed by the leather strap over time......would setting the release into an "ozonics bag" remove the odor without damaging the release? I believe that I had good results using an ozonics bag for scent control of my hunting clothes, but it was so destructive to elastic, that I stopped using it. I'm thinking that it might be able to remove any human scent from sweat, etc without damaging the release. Any thoughts?

20-Apr-23
I have used scent killer to take the stink out of leather release straps. I think my hair and breath probably make more stink. Do they make ozonics bag with head holes?

20-Apr-23
I used to saltwater fish during the mornings then deer hunt the evenings. I'd wear the same "fishy" smelling watch with a nylon band, but would simply spray it with a scent removal spray. It worked extremely well. (I, of course, took a shower.)

I haven't gone the ozone route.

20-Apr-23
I would think you’re already busted by the time they smell your release strap.

20-Apr-23
Ambush x2

20-Apr-23
X3… put it on the porch in the sun for a few hours. Scent free unless you’re a real stinker.

20-Apr-23
Have an identical release for hunting. One for practice, one to hunt with.

20-Apr-23
Spray the leather with scent killing spray and let it dry. I’m with the ones who say your already busted by then anyway. Elk hunting I don’t worry about it and play the wind, too much walking and sweating to worry about it.

20-Apr-23
Your breath will give off more then a strap lol

20-Apr-23
I don’t give it any thought..

20-Apr-23
Forget the wind, just hunt. Wait…what? Forget the hunt, just wind…no? Hell, never mind!!!

20-Apr-23
I may spray mine down now and then, but as said...Nothing beats the nose except wind in favor!!!

20-Apr-23
As has been mentioned by others, I have been spraying mine....was just curious about other possible options.....

21-Apr-23
I soak mine in a bucket of bleach after every use.

21-Apr-23
He’s talking about his release Nick… ;)

21-Apr-23
"Have an identical release for hunting. One for practice, one to hunt with." My hunting release gets hung outside with my clothes.. I will spray it with scent killer, but who knows what that really does. No way I'd use my summer practice release without doing some major cleaning.. I guess I agree with those who stated if they smell your release, you've already been busted..

21-Apr-23
I always have a spare. I hunt with the one I have not been using and put the one I have been using into a zip lock bag in my pack.

22-Apr-23
Use good cover sent. Will be your biggest help and wind , thermals , tried a lot scent but coon does a the best for me. Baking soda helps eliminate scent. Make a past and wash your release with it. It all I use for laundry hunting clothes.

22-Apr-23
Dip it in a bucket of fox piss after every use. ;-)

22-Apr-23
I've never smelled my release.

Matt

• Sitka Gear