ShoshoneAdventure 24-Apr-23
APauls 25-Apr-23
Bou'bound 25-Apr-23
ShoshoneAdventure 08-May-23
21-Apr-23

ShoshoneAdventure's embedded Photo
ShoshoneAdventure's embedded Photo

ShoshoneAdventure's Link
For anyone interested, we have a 2024 archery rut moose cancelation in Alberta for up to 3 hunters. I have attached a photo of the add that was in our newsletter this week. This hunt is with a great outfitter that we book a bunch for...these fellas just had to cancel.

Visit our website or hit me with a message here and I will get back to you. We also just began a membership drive...giving away a free South African safari along with some other stuff. Our memberships (depending on the level) offer 10% discounts on hunts for life.

www.shoshoneadventures.com

21-Apr-23
If P&Y recognized these animals as Shiras, I'd be very interested in a hunt like this.

21-Apr-23
Does P&Y use B&C boundaries? If so I'd guess not Shiras.

21-Apr-23
Not Shiras north of the line, dang it!

21-Apr-23
It all made up to begin with . Make your own map and your good to go.

Hunting an animal or hunting somebodies line. Good grief!

23-Apr-23
"It all made up to begin with . Make your own map and your good to go. Hunting an animal or hunting somebodies line. Good grief!"

Seriously?

23-Apr-23
He is right. That is how the rules are established. We can be OK with it or not, but that does not change the species or animal. It's not like some organization or person decided to call a goat a sheep. A mulie a whitetail, black bear a polar bear.

Like a brown/grizzly that wanders across a given line of distance from the sea it's species did not change only where it's feet were hitting the ground when killed.

23-Apr-23
border:

SHIRAS MOOSE (Alces alces shiras) LOCATION: The Shiras moose is found in southwestern British Columbia, Canada, commencing at the International Boundary at Sumas Highway 11 to Trans-Canada Highway #1, following southeastern along the Trans-Canada Highway #1; and southwestern Alberta south of the Trans-Canada Highway #1 and west of Highway #2 to the International Boundary. In the United States they are found in northeastern Washington, northern and eastern Idaho, western Montana, western and southern Wyoming, northeastern Utah, and northwest Colorado

23-Apr-23

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Assuming the hunter wants a Shiras Moose to qualify for B&C or P&Y there are no Shiras Moose in Canada.

23-Apr-23
The description in my post above was from Grand Ovis Club or whatever they are. different people define different moose in different places differently. Have to go by the rules of the makers of the list you are working to check off.

23-Apr-23
"Assuming the hunter wants a Shiras Moose to qualify for B&C or P&Y there are no Shiras Moose in Canada."

Thanks Charlie. That's EXACTLY what Jake stated...no P&Y recognition. The lines absolutely matter if P&Y or B&C is your goal!

23-Apr-23
Grand slam club is supposed to be following the Pope and Young club rules of fair chase and boundaries when they accept archery entries. They don’t appear to be doing that.

24-Apr-23
Sorry fellas...I was away from the computer for a few days. Hit me up with a DM if you have any direct questions. These hunts are still available. We also have 2 SHIRAS hunts available (horseback hunts just north of Spokane in BC) if you are interested.

24-Apr-23
So How about a moose that is born in Canada but migrates to the US. For the most part I love Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett. I have some animals measured and entered but one of the reasons I will never complete my Archery slam is because I don't feel like playing by someone else's arbitrary rules. I see way too much redundancy in requirement's. Just my personal opinion.

24-Apr-23
Well either you have one set of rules for all, or you have a million sets of rules....I mean they have to draw the line somewhere. Some people hunt for themselves, and some people feel the desire to complete a recognized feat. If they want to complete the recognized feat you play by those rules. Pretty simple.

I have no idea how P&Y or B&C work. I know for our local MBRC our scorers are volunteers driving around and doing everything pro bono. Highly doubt P&Y scorers are getting paid by the hour and expensed for milage. Now imagine if suddenly someone has to go check out every animal and make a judgement call on whether it is a Shiras or Cdn moose? Subjectivity involved?

Logically, if they want to do this they basically have to just make a line and go with it. You either play the game or you don't. Put yourself in the shoes of someone making the rules and once you realize the crapstorm you'd have to deal with all of a sudden it makes sense how it is done.

24-Apr-23
They can’t be shiras hunts if they are in bc Shoshone. Those are the rules

24-Apr-23
Someone needs to get that memo to the moose :-)

24-Apr-23
Peyton, I'm just curious why you are so positive that they ARE Shiras rather than Mountain Caribou? What traits do they have in that you feel they are being mislabeled?

24-Apr-23

24-Apr-23
Do you have to get Covid vax to hunt in Canada?

24-Apr-23
SF...maybe it has something to do with the horn configuration between Shiras Moose and Mountain Caribou? Haha...good one. And if anyone has any actual interest in this hunt, shoot me a PM :-) We have several hunts for Shiras and Canadian Moose. Heck, you can even check the moose's for ID before you shoot it just to make sure :-) Most fellas just want some of that awesome meat!

25-Apr-23
Vax status does not matter to come into Canada

25-Apr-23
border:

SHIRAS MOOSE (Alces alces shiras) LOCATION: The Shiras moose is found in southwestern British Columbia, Canada, commencing at the International Boundary at Sumas Highway 11 to Trans-Canada Highway #1, following southeastern along the Trans-Canada Highway #1; and southwestern Alberta south of the Trans-Canada Highway #1 and west of Highway #2 to the International Boundary. In the United States they are found in northeastern Washington, northern and eastern Idaho, western Montana, western and southern Wyoming, northeastern Utah, and northwest Colorado

08-May-23
Bump it back up! Spots are still available.

• Sitka Gear