Contributors to this thread:
Sivart 21-Apr-23
HDE 21-Apr-23
Cheesehead Mike 22-Apr-23
Sivart 22-Apr-23
pav 23-Apr-23
Cheesehead Mike 23-Apr-23
21-Apr-23
Does anyone know when Toprut usually updates their harvest data? They still have mostly 2021 stats.

21-Apr-23
You mean the public data they pull from state game and fish websites?

22-Apr-23
Toprut is also free if you have OnX Elite. Although the info is available free on the State websites it's pretty convenient to have it all located in one easy to navigate location that is also free.

22-Apr-23
Yes, I mean all of the public data that they put on g and f websites. It's a hell of a lot more convenient to see in all itemized on toprut. I guess you have more time on your hands than I do.

23-Apr-23
Diito Cheesehead Mike!

23-Apr-23
Having worked for the government for 32 years I know that nearly all information is available for free through a Freedom of Information Act data request. I'm guessing that a lot of the raw data is requested and gathered rather than sites like Toprut pulling the final info from the individual state websites. If I'm not mistaken I believe Toprut actually acquires the raw New Mexico application data and performs their own simulated draw and that's why Toprut's NM draw odds are "more accurate" than other draw odds sites.

FWIW, one of my responsibilities in my government job was overseeing the creation of all the GIS property line data that companies like OnX acquire as the framework for their app. We fulfilled data requests on a regular basis. As a hunter who was involved with that function I kind of kick myself in the ass for not having the foresight and ambition to do what OnX did before they ever thought of it...

• Sitka Gear