Outdoorscrazy 03-May-23
BoggsBowhunts 03-May-23
fuzzy 06-May-23
fuzzy 08-May-23
Mertyman 08-May-23
Sam 10-May-23
Skippy 10-May-23
24-Apr-23
Looking for opinions on a large TOUGH duffle bag that will last for at least a few years or so traveling on planes. I won't be putting a bow in it because I have a hard case for that. Shoulder straps are preferable.

24-Apr-23
I personally will never travel with any luggage without wheels. Too many f’ed up airports to go carrying all my crap all over hell and back. Maybe if your hard case has wheels and you can stack it, but otherwise all my stuff gotta have wheels.

—Jim

24-Apr-23
I like the large Stone Glacier duffel with shoulder straps although haven't flown much with it. I wanted something with shoulder straps and the material seems durable.

24-Apr-23
Badlands Terraglide for me

24-Apr-23
If I am flying, I am taking a back-up bow. For 15+ years my combo has been an SKB double bow case and a Terraglide.

24-Apr-23
The two I have used are Bass Pro Shop duffle 15x15x32" and a LL Bean large rolling duffle. Both had worked well.

24-Apr-23
OC, I’ve used the cabelas duffles and they are very solid. But they are PITA to tote over your shoulder….especially when loaded with 40-45lbs of gear. I would look for a duffle with wheels.

24-Apr-23
I use a SKB double bow case (wheels) and KUIU Tacu duffel with shoulder straps. Also have a Badlands Terraglide (wheels) and use it if necessary.

24-Apr-23
I own osprey and owl creek roller duffels… I like them both used them for years and never had a problem

24-Apr-23
i use a golf hard case bag. it has wheels all over it. rolls nice in upright position . put my td recurve and all my clothes in last year when i went to africa. lady at customs in atlanta didn't even want to look at it. told go ahead all set

25-Apr-23
I got the larger Badlands duffel a few years ago on sale and that thing seems to be indestructible. It’s very water resistant and also has a zipper pouch inside the lid that I use to keep small stuff like hats and gloves

25-Apr-23
I ended up buying a Stone Glacier duffle. Just got it but I'm impressed so far. Shall see in time how it holds up.

25-Apr-23
I’ve been looking at the Kuiu Waypoint 10400 duffel. Have been using cabelas but it’s on its last leg.

25-Apr-23

Sam's embedded Photo
Sam's embedded Photo
Cabelas duffel goes on SKB wheeled case, airport ready.

25-Apr-23
Agree with Sam. My bow case has wheels. Load the duffle on top when you need to walk somewhere. I had a Cabelas duffle with wheels- it was easy to use, but it weighed too much. When you need to keep your duffle under 50 pounds to avoid extra baggage fees, the wheels and frame took up a lot of weight that I would rather use for my gear.

25-Apr-23
Goldy makes a good point, I give up close to 10lbs by using my TerraGlide instead of a basic duffle, but for the convenience and extra protection I get I am good with the trade-off. But it’s a valid point for sure.

—Jim

25-Apr-23
Goldy, I still have my cabelas wheeled duffel, quite using it for the same reason, seems like it weighed 11 or 12 lbs.

25-Apr-23
For a duffel that’s affordable, the cabelas Cordura one is hard to beat.

25-Apr-23
Look at rothco they make heavy duty canvas duffels in various styles and sizes. Very affordable

03-May-23
North Face Base Camp duffles. But as mentioned above, you are going to want to rent an airport cart to move them.

03-May-23
Yeah the Stone Glacier duffle is only 2 lbs.

03-May-23
Don’t underestimate military seabags. Every military surplus store has them, super cheap, lightweight, and can fit a whooooooole lot of clothes and equipment

06-May-23
The military surplus canvas duffles fit the bill.

08-May-23
Get the big ziploc bags with the vaccuum valve and compress soft items like clothes and socks

08-May-23
a CCM hockey bag could work. The one I have has both wheels and a shoulder strap

10-May-23
Fuzzy, ive been using the giant ziplocks for years, they also double for meat or capes when returning home.

10-May-23
Ranger bag from sportsman’s guide. Very rugged with backpack straps.

• Sitka Gear