bentshaft 24-Apr-23
Bowfreak 24-Apr-23
JohnMC 24-Apr-23
Bowfreak 24-Apr-23
Matt 24-Apr-23
Kurt 25-Apr-23
Fields 25-Apr-23
24-Apr-23
For those of you with experience with bubbling, what is the expected horizontal change you would see at 70 yards by canting 1/2 bubble? How much change would you see for a full bubble?

24-Apr-23
I would shoot it to find out. However this will change with the wind, arrow, fetching, speed of your bow, etc. Only familiarity with your equipment and experience shooting in different conditions will you get a feel for how much bubble to hold.

24-Apr-23
I know how much mine is moving, I am curious as to what is typical.

24-Apr-23
I am not trying to be a smart ass. But why would you want to shoot with your bow canted? The whole point of having a bubble to make sure your is bow level.

I find on level ground it automatic that my bow level when I shoot. However if I am standing on a slope sometimes I'd swear I am majorly canting by bow to get it level.

24-Apr-23
John,

The main reason I ask is because my range topograph my is like /. I am left handed so I have to force my top limb much more than seems normal to level my bubble. When I don’t (at longer distances like 70 yards) my arrows group left. Secondly to me but more importantly to some, bubbling is a way to account for the wind. Instead of aiming off you can cant your bow into the wind to change poi. It is a common method target shooters use.

24-Apr-23
“ Secondly to me but more importantly to some, bubbling is a way to account for the wind. Instead of aiming off you can cant your bow into the wind to change poi.”

Exactly this. When the wind is blowing it is much easier to pick a spot on a deer and hold half a bubble than to pick a spot off a deer and have your bubble centered.

25-Apr-23
We had a friend we called HBO (Half a Bubble Off) years ago....haha.

On a serious note, I've felt like I had to rotate the bow about 30* into the mountain to get the bubble level on a Stone ram I arrowed in BC. Sidehills do amazing things to your sense of level, especially when you have ram fever.

25-Apr-23
coming from my recurve days, when I switched to compound, canting a bow was a hard habit to break.. I attempted to alter my sight attachment, so my sight would be level when I canted my compound bow... Shooting 20-25 yards, my canting didn't seem to alter much in the way of accuracy. Today, my bow is never level when I shoot. Accuracy seems to be good, but again, at longer distances, that may not be the case.

• Sitka Gear