Catscratch 26-Apr-23
APauls 26-Apr-23
JohnMC 26-Apr-23
t-roy 26-Apr-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Apr-23
Pop-r 03-May-23
Catscratch 03-May-23
25-Apr-23
What would you rather use for dragging in seed or roughing ground up to broadcast into? Think I lost my chain harrows don’t ask me how. Figured might as well ask what’s better if I have to re-purchase

25-Apr-23
Not 100% sure what you mean by a diamond harrow, APauls. What I would call a diamond harrow looks kind of like several sets of a flexible single gang set of disc blades on a frame, if that makes sense. It’s a pretty decent sized piece of equipment. I’m assuming you are using an atv or smaller tractor on your plots?

There are several different types of smaller harrows. One is similar to a chainlink fence, one that has more aggressive interlinked sections,(which have a diamond shaped pattern) and another drag harrow that has teeth that can be set at different angles, depending somewhat on how much or little soil disturbance you want to cause.

25-Apr-23

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Troy, he's talking Canadian again. I'm a little shaky on my central Canuck dialect, but I'm guessing this is a diamond harrow.

26-Apr-23

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
This works really well on roughing up ground as well as covering seed.

26-Apr-23
Apauls- how did you lose it? ;)

—jim

26-Apr-23
Ambush is correct on what I call a diamond harrow. Scrappy's pic is the chain harrow that I had. It seemed to work pretty good. It would fill up super fast with thatch if dragging over thatch though.

Treeman - if I knew HOW I lost it I'd probably know where I lost it and therefore not have lost it lol.

26-Apr-23
AP, probably still under 2 feet of snow.....;0) TODDY

26-Apr-23
I have a single section of 3 section harrow that I pull backwards.I do this to prevent hopping of the harrow.I just angle the tines alittle and secure the handle so it doesn't move.If I'm dragging over bare dirt with seed I prefer to use a chainlink fence section or old chainlink gate

26-Apr-23
Lol, I'm giggling over loosing a farm implement. I run gravel and county roads a lot. It's amazing the stuff I find; logging chains, chainsaws, tires, watches, wallets, tool boxes, etc. Can't say I've ever found a implement.

26-Apr-23
I lost a 2 man tree stand somewhere on 65 acres of timber,I must really suck at shed hunting because we haven't found it in 5 years.But like cat I find lots of tools along gravel road and usually can find which farmer dropped them off flat bed

26-Apr-23
If it's something valuable I'll prop it up against a sign or something visible from the road in hopes that the original owner backtracks looking for it.

26-Apr-23
Someone stole it. That's always the answer for us men. Soooooomebody stole it.

I was talking to a friend that had family in Saskatchewan. They farmed like 1300 quarters of land or something.That's like 200,000 acres. They lost a $1.7million combine one year. Couldn't remember where they left it. So I guess my $400 harrow problem is similar when taken in terms of scale lol. But I feel like the combine is bigger. Grass can grow through a chain harrow easy and make it disappear. A combine isn't going to disappear on you.

26-Apr-23
I lose the remote almost every time I use it. Why can't they put a little person in it like Siri, maybe name her Bertha. Then you can say hey Bertha where are you. Then she would say I am over here or I am in between the couch cushions.

26-Apr-23
Did you look between the couch cushions yet, APauls??

26-Apr-23
I’m in John’s boat lmao! And boy…losing a combine is tough….

03-May-23
You can find it as quick as you buy a new one so it's up to you when you find it. Lol

03-May-23
I've lost the remote in the refrigerator. Probably had it in my hand when I went to get a beer.

• Sitka Gear