Contributors to this thread:
Bowfreak 25-Apr-23
Bowfreak 25-Apr-23
Matt 25-Apr-23
Bowfreak 25-Apr-23
Blood 25-Apr-23
WV Mountaineer 25-Apr-23
25-Apr-23
I’ve put quite few arrows through my RX 7 Ultra now and I am getting a little more used to the draw. At first I would say that the draw was nowhere near as smooth as my RX 4 Ultra but now I might just describe it as different. What I seem to be learning is that it is almost like I need to draw the bow with less effort. When I do so it seems to roll over easily and smoothly. If I draw the bow a little faster or more aggressively I get a bit of a dump into the valley with a solid thud into the stops. I think with more shots it will feel more natural.

I will say that one thing that I don’t like is letting it down on 85% let off. I admit that I may Lear over time how to let it down properly but the 85% seems to feel like I need to almost push the cam forward to let it down and then when it starts going it goes. I have to be super conscious and put extra effort into slowly letting down or when my bow/Hamskea returns to brace my arrow rattles back and forth across the shelf. I love this rest but I hate this rattle at let down so much that I may consider switching to a QAD. I’m not a huge fan of the QAD because I seem to struggle to get good arrow flight with them and the Hamskea has been the exact opposite. Anyway….short story long, does anyone feel similarly about the draw on these bows?

25-Apr-23
Double post.

25-Apr-23
Do they make an 80% LO module? Can you felt the shelf to quiet it down? Maybe #1 will eliminate the need for #2.

25-Apr-23
The cam has the ability to adjust the stops to the 80% position. Loosen screw, extend the stop a bit to the next position and tighten down.

I have never shot 85% on a bow before. I ordered 80% mods on my last few bows. I think prior to those, 85% wasn’t an option for Hoyt. So far….I don’t like the feel of the 80% position on this bow but I will give it another go. Like you said the 80% option is probably a much better let down but I couldn’t tell you because I shot it so little in that setup that I never even met it down.

I have moleskin on the shelf and it helps but doesn’t completely kill the rattle. The stuff I’m using is very thin though (called Mute Stuff) because my bow tuned at about 3/4” and with thick loop side Velcro I would get some minor fletch contact.

25-Apr-23
Just put mole skin on your riser or rest where an arrow can possible hit.

25-Apr-23
Mark, sell that boat anchor and buy a Mathews. Problem solved. :^)

• Sitka Gear