JohnMC 03-May-23
JohnMC 03-May-23
Straight Shooter 03-May-23
Medicinemann 03-May-23
Medicinemann 03-May-23
Medicinemann 03-May-23
JohnMC 03-May-23
03-May-23
I would like to be able to video more of my Spring turkey hunts with my cellphone. Does anyone have any recommendations? In a perfect world, I'd like something that can securely hold the phone, is easy to adjust (like a rear view mirror in a vehicle), and can be jammed into the ground, or perhaps attached to a tree or limbs. Just looking for alternatives right now....attaching the camera to my bow (or gun) would be a plus, but hand shock at the shot would probably negate a good video of the kill.

03-May-23
google 'phone case with tripod adaptor'

03-May-23
Do you use a ground blind, Jake?

03-May-23
I’ve used a tripod with a cell phone holder attachment. It works fairly well from a blind. I have it set focused on my decoy set, and turn it on “record” when the birds arrive.

03-May-23
T-roy, Probably 1/3 of the time.

03-May-23
Rake the leaves to make a path to your spot. Works every time. Sage ole turk slayer once told me.

03-May-23
I have several different mounts that work good. 1 or 2 have articulating arms that I can adjust anyway I desire. Think I got those off Camofire, might be Hawk brand.

03-May-23
Charlie, Works like a charm....!!

03-May-23
Jake check out Beast Grip. They have a secure case and also have a 1.7x zoom that can be added. So far this is one of the best options I have found. Good luck

DJ

03-May-23
I should also mention that I already have a couple tripods.....finding a mount that holds the phone securely, and can be secured to the top of one on my tripods would be a great option. The shorter, less conspicuous tripod is threaded....so an attachment that would screw into the tripod sounds promising. Will check out Camofire and Beast Grip.

03-May-23
Jake as an alternative, have you considered hiring a cameraman?

03-May-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
That is all you need if you have a tripod. Bowsite won't take a Amazon link but that a pick.

03-May-23
Jake check out Beast Grip. They have a secure case and also have a 1.7x zoom that can be added. So far this is one of the best options I have found. Good luck

DJ

03-May-23

03-May-23
JohnMC, I just want to film my own hunts. No cameraman necessary. Your link looks very promising.....

03-May-23

03-May-23
The cameraman was joke. I can't help being a smart ass some times. :) I use an otter box phone case. It comes with a belt clip. I have cut the case so it doesn't cover camera and clipped on blind works well if birds cooperate and come to were camera is pointing. But if you end up have to shoot one out of decoys does not work very well.

• Sitka Gear