WapitiBob 06-May-23
TonyBear 06-May-23
Thornton 06-May-23
elkpacker 06-May-23
TGbow 06-May-23
Beendare 06-May-23
Bigdog 21 06-May-23
04-May-23
Biden has been meeting with environmentalists on stopping fishing and hunting in some states by executive order. They can't do it thru the states so jobama is going to help. This country has turned into a banana Republic. Did not mention what states.

04-May-23
Then I will be an outlaw.

04-May-23
Crime is here to stay.

04-May-23
Retiring today and this now announced on the same day, go figure just my luck...

04-May-23
Don't worry..Joe n his leftist cronies don't want to outlaw hunting...do they?

04-May-23
This ain’t happening

04-May-23
Do you have a link to this info?

04-May-23
Some people only read the headlines on Fox News.

04-May-23
It’s happening all over the world! Saw on the news the other night a Serbian kid used an “assault weapon” to go on a killing spree in his home country. Now some moron law makers there want to make it illegal for TEACHING a kid how to shoot! : (

04-May-23
Have you ever noticed how hypocritical the elite are when it comes to gun control and the Right to the 2nd A? Look how many Hollyweird types spout their anti gun rhetoric while their body guards are packing? All the anti gun politicians also.

04-May-23
Obviously this isn’t happening. Care to post a link to an article?

04-May-23
https://www.foxnews.com/media/conservation-groups-fighting-back-against-misguided-biden-admins-regulation-efforts-hunting-fishing

04-May-23
People need to wake up. Denial will not solve the problem. The way this country goin anything is possible. They have met on this and are pushin jobama to help.

05-May-23
Congrats on the retirement Zbone! I'm counting down the days myself!

05-May-23
Honesty and going to the facts of an arguement never hurts. The proposal as I have just read up on after seeing this, is to continue to try to limit lead contamination of water, and wildlife. It is not to make people stop hunting and fishing. Please stop a moment and read up on the effects of lead on brain and neural function. I hope that any of you that have children are already aware of this issue. Does DDT mean anything? I can anticipate that there will immediatelty be comments about how little this issue matters on the whole, or that it is stepping on somebodies toes. Really? The world IS changing and if we are to be able to continue to enjoy hunting and fishing we also need to be a postive influence on protecting our natural resources. There are now 8 billion people on the planet all contaminating it as fast as they can. Some people get that, and just might be trying to hold back the destruction that goes with it. This is NOT something to argue about. If you can use laser sights, GPS, game cameras, expanding broadheads, hightech clothing then you ARE in the 21st century and that also means that you are stewing in the juices of industrial and chemical contamination and poisoning. How about admitting that things like the idea to reduce lead contamination might be a POSITIVE and something that sportsman can do to help with trying to preserve wildlife, the environment and the hunting and fishing that they love.

05-May-23
Lead was banned from waterfowl along time ago. But I never miss a season. Been using tungsten for sinker a few years now.

05-May-23
"Some people only read the headlines on Fox News."

This. I think Biden's attempt to limit the use of lead ammunition and sinkers on federal land is misguided, but "stopping fishing and hunting in some states by executive order"? Is it that hard to actually read the article so as to not post gibberish?

05-May-23
I hope we have the sense to exempt muzzle loaders. Some of us still shoot round balls that we cast ourselves.

05-May-23
Regardless, I dont put it past this bunch to do anything. Cars that do more than 60 m MPH can be harmful but do we regulate the speed of all vehicles? What bothers me about this bunch is the fact that they don't have a problem with taking innocent lives of human beings but they go to the extreme when it comes to issues like this.

05-May-23
Biden wants to sign a bill that limits access to Federal lands and no lead ammo on Federal lands.

Currently being challenged by SCI...

05-May-23
I've said it before and I'll say it again; biden wants 30x30 and I see this as a step towards that goal of removing all human influence on Federal lands. That includes hunting.

05-May-23
Here is the problem. If you don't have people experiencing nature soon nature will not be valued. That would be a very sad state of affairs.

05-May-23
What you have to remember is the fact that these leftist extremist don't have any concept of how the real world of nature works..well, some of them do, they're just after the power and control. It's hunters and conservationist that have helped wildlife prosper because they understand how the real world works. I'm not saying we shouldn't do what we can to keep the wilderness clean n healthy but what these extremist want to do will have the opposite effect on wildlife and the environment.

05-May-23
Can anyone post a link here showing the president saying he is trying to stop hunting or fishing on federal lands? Is there any real evidence that he is trying to block access to the national forests or parks? Hunting, fishing and other forms of recreation are multibillion dollar enterprises on the federal lands. The feds have been promoting the forests and parks for their recreational value for decades. When I worked for the Forest Service, we had a lot of visitors from Portland, Seattle and other metropolitan areas. Both Portland and Seattle are known as the Democratic centers for their States. If no one can post a link showing Joe Biden saying he wants to keep the hunting/fishing public off significant parts of the national parks and forests, I will just assume that this thread is just nonsense.

05-May-23
The story says he is blocking hunting on millions of acres By banning lead ammo.

05-May-23
"Can anyone post a link here showing the president saying he is trying to stop hunting or fishing on federal lands?"

No, they can't. Because he isn't. The article is about the administration seeking to eliminate the use of lead ammo on certain federal lands, and some guy associated with SCI made the logic leap (trip/fall?) that is the same as Biden is trying to close millions of acres to hunting. Some people are prone to saying dumb $#!+ and some people are prone to repeating it.

"What we see here with the rule coming out of the Biden administration is the potential to close millions of acres of public lands that had been opened under the Trump administration to hunting and fishing," Hilgemann told Fox News Digital. "They're doing this basically by banning the most common forms of hunting cartridges that most people buy off the shelf and requiring that no lead cartridges be used on any federal lands."

05-May-23
Well, I just did a little searching on the 30x30 initiative and didn't find where it has rules blocking hunting. It sure seemed that when it was introduced that that was the scuttlebutt... but, I sure can't find anything that supports that now. I may have been wrong on my previous statement. I certainly hope so.

05-May-23
I have heard of no executive order that would have the effect of banning hunting on federal land. I read where the USF&WS was considering a ban of lead ammo on federal wildlife refuges. Some have been closed to hunting for a long time. I have read that Senator Steve Daines R Montana was proposing a ban on lead ammo for hunting federal lands. None of these proposals would eliminate hunting. The price of copper jacketed tungsten ammo, to shoot animals, would raise the cost of cartridges some. My guess is that it would be no easier for me to draw a quality unit elk tag.

06-May-23
Matt you are part correct. There also working with the law suits that came when Trump open fed hunting ground . Trying to make deal buy closing curtain areas. And no lead hunting are fishing. On these certain lands .

06-May-23

Bigdog 21's embedded Photo
Bigdog 21's embedded Photo

06-May-23
More click bait garbage.

06-May-23
Whether its lead ammo. lead fishing products or not I don't trust our typical politician , dept of Ag. or Public Health official to know anything about details. These are the kinds of idiots who threw out a bunch of venison in my state over some extreme concern for lead in the donated meat. They tossed out the donated meat provided by archery as well (never contained lead, likely never will). The rationale was a poorly conducted study that indicated there was actually more lead in the blood of the general population than the people eating venison. Now granted, lead can be a health hazard especially for children and those in reproductive years, but a healthy human body does have the ability to metabolize and excrete it. Instead of just blood lead, the physicians will generally test for zinc protophorhydrin (ZPP) which gives a better idea if the lead is being retained in the body. During the study no ZPP tests were done. This is actually a requirement for OSHA based on levels of worker exposure. When asked at a public forum why this wasn't done the response was a dumb founded look and shrug.

Similarly, the state establishes some consumption advisories for fish. The concern there is not just heavy metals such as lead and organic mercury but also PCBs. Well, if one understands how these tests are run, they include whole fish- fatty tissue, skin, internal organs, etc. that are known to concentrate the contaminants. Granted most fisherman don't eat the whole fish but because some ethnic groups do this is what is analyzed, skewing the numbers.

Any data collected must be traced back to the analytical technique and sampling strategy. This can all be manipulated if you have an agenda, like maybe keeping people from eating wild fish and game and being self-sufficient, anti-hunting or fear mongering just so you can keep a job.

I have eaten quite a few turkeys, pheasant and grouse that had small amounts of lead in them. Occasionally venison that has lead too. I typically find it while butchering the game or certainly after cooking. Would rather chomp down on a small piece of soft lead than a hard chunk of steel breaking a tooth in the process...sometimes resulting in long term dental issues and bone infection, etc.

As far as outlawing hunting and fishing, good luck on that one. It can be an access issue but considering people are still hunting other people and getting away with it if it comes to that point- we will have a lot bigger things to be worried about.

06-May-23
It wouldn't affect me at all, in fact, I'd enjoy lesser competition.

06-May-23
what I am seeing is migration from illigals to state parks and forrests. The camps are hkorriable and mas poaching to feed them. There is no body to stopp them. the gov will not do it

06-May-23
Well, we see how it went with California making it illegal to kill cougars don't we. These folks don't operate with logic and common sense...just their foolish leftist ideals driven by emotion

06-May-23
It ain’t happening Bou?

It already has…much of it anyway already has here in Democrat run Ca.

Just wait until you see what Newsom has in store for you when the Democrats push for him in the WH…..that hypocrite has wrecked everything he touches.

06-May-23
Look in a few years hunting will need to stop lol. the wolves won't have enough to eat and this will turn them toward livestock..

• Sitka Gear