wytex 05-May-23
Sandbrew 05-May-23
BULELK1 05-May-23
shakey 08-May-23
backpacker 10-May-23
BlacktailBob 10-May-23
Mainer 15-May-23
04-May-23
My brother drew area 5 sheep tag! Apparently it’s a very coveted tag. If anyone is willing to share any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

04-May-23

04-May-23
Shakey please email me [email protected]

04-May-23
Got mine there. Huge beautiful unit. Spend every day u can

04-May-23
I’d recommend going with a guide, a lot of wilderness you can’t access without a guide or resident.

04-May-23
I should add…IF you aren’t going guided…

And IF you don’t have pack stock support….

You really should go for a summer run of consequence to verify your abilities are more than theoretical in country this unforgiving of foolish endeavors.

If that summer trip goes poorly you have time to qualify for the loan$

04-May-23

04-May-23
He said sheep tag.

04-May-23
He said sheep tag, not sure why he is getting moose info?

04-May-23
Haha. I’m dyslexic.

Congrats on the tag!

Who’s giving him moose info anyway??!

04-May-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo

Bowboy's Link
I’d get in contact with Josh Martogilo Shoshone Lodge Outfitters. Since your brother mostly is a nonresident and this is a once in a lifetime tag I’d highly recommend it.

I’m a resident and shot this ram in Area 5 2017 with Josh.

04-May-23
Craig, wow great ram! Congrats!

04-May-23
Take these guys advice and hire a guide. I’ve been successful and helped on a few successful DIY CO sheep hunts. With that said if I ever draw WY, especially unit 5, I will hire a guide even if I have to take a loan.

This is actually a once in 2 lifetimes hunt with the current WY tag system .

04-May-23
My brother is actually a first year resident and and first time ever applying for a sheep tag! Go figure. Don I will pass your email on to him. Thank you all for the help.

04-May-23
Take these guys advice and hire a guide. I’ve been successful and helped on a few successful DIY CO sheep hunts. With that said if I ever draw WY, especially unit 5, I will hire a guide even if I have to take a loan.

This is actually a once in 2 lifetimes hunt with the current WY tag system .

05-May-23
Here’s another question. Does he have stock? If he plans on hunting the early archery season the majority of the rams will be in quite a ways in. This is big country. Having the services of a guide will increase your odds tremendously. Like stated it’s a once in a lifetime.tag.

Also these outfitters dates fill up quickly. Josh imo. Is the best outfitter for this area.

05-May-23
Always loved your Ram Craig!!---->

Good luck, Robb

05-May-23
Awesome ram, Craig!

05-May-23
If he's a resident then a guide is not needed , he can get into the wilderness where most sheep are. We have a couple of friends that hunted that area DIY and took decent rams. They had a few grizz encounters though.

Congrats to him and good luck!

05-May-23
Lucky dog took my tag.... Seriously congrats! This a once in 3 lifetimes tag so take it seriously. I would highly suggest he contact a guide, Josh Martogilo with Shoshone Lodge Outfitters is the best. I already have a deposit in and have pre booked with him for when I draw. I've been on at least a dozen sheep hunts in Colorado and elsewhere, most unguided for myself or as helper. I have also guided sheep hunters so I have plenty of experience. If and when I draw a sheep tag in Wyoming it will be a guided hunt. Good luck! Sandbrew

05-May-23
Pm sent to ya man

Good Luck, Robb

08-May-23
Thanks guys for all the info. I passed info on to my brother so he can reach out to you. I’ll post some pictures if he gets one.

10-May-23
"Apparently it’s a very coveted tag." That line cracks me up...

10-May-23

BlacktailBob's embedded Photo
BlacktailBob's embedded Photo
I went with Cody Brown from Dubois a couple of years ago. He was a great guide. The only guide I contacted who didn't try to convince me to hunt for a while with a bow then come back and kill a ram with a rifle. Every other guide I talked with suggested I do that. If I couldn't kill one with a bow, I wasn't going to kill one. Cody was certain he could show me a ram and left the rest to me. Exactly like I wanted it to be.

15-May-23
Took mine there three years ago DIY. [email protected]

• Sitka Gear