Rock 15-May-23
Pop-r 15-May-23
beemann 16-May-23
Rock 16-May-23
4nolz@work 16-May-23
Pop-r 16-May-23
beemann 17-May-23
08-May-23
How do they hold up? Would you buy them again?

08-May-23
I have several but quit using hay on them. They just don’t last long keeping them out year round. I use a black tarp and cover with netting now.

08-May-23
Thanks Greg. Lookin into getting a few didn’t know if the hay upcost as worth the money.

08-May-23
Yes I have 2.Covers last ~2-3 years max if left out.

Frame assembly is a task from hell.

08-May-23
I have them and love em. I quit buying the hay version and only use the burlap model. Like everything else they eventually wear out but its the only thing I have found that I can get to hold on the prairie when the wind starts howling. If you need highly portable they probably are not for you.

08-May-23
Highly portable not a need! We will probably take covers off after the season as well so winter doesn’t beat them down. If that’s do able. Haven’t gotten that far into their design etc yet

08-May-23
Give us a report on the assembly ;)

08-May-23

beemann's embedded Photo
beemann's embedded Photo
Assembly is time consuming but not difficult. My plan is always to take the covers off but I usually get caught by late season and they get frozen down. The new burlap cover is the way to go the windows and doors are zippers and that makes it alot more solid ... They are light eough that you can get inside and pick it up. Easy to move short distance. Little trailer or side by side will work.

08-May-23
Mike I will lol.

Bryan we have both available so moving we’re not to worried about! Big adventure about to begin. Lots of learning hopefully only a little failure and plenty of dead whitetails in the future.

08-May-23
Go to your local landscaper and buy the hay mates they lay down for new grass! wrap it around your blind!

09-May-23
At one time , I was sponsored by the creators of the Bale Blind, Tim Noll. He is a fine man, with a great product. He sold out to Red Neck. All said above is correct. The hay doesnt stay on the blind long, but the burlap cover available now is much better option. I used them in Nebraska and Ohio with success. Especially so in Nebraska. Gave my buddy the last one i had out in South Dakota. He has killed several whitetail from it in last couple years.

09-May-23
Most are too short if your bow is 5 ft. long.

09-May-23
I’ve had mine for 4yrs and it still looks good. I always store my in my shop for the winter. Wyoming weather is brutal on equipment:)

09-May-23
We have 2 of Redneck's Outfitter Series bale blinds and think they're great. The first purchase was with the straw cover, we got 2 seasons out of it, we added another with the canvas cover.

Our preference is canvas for a couple reasons, the #1 bring zippered windows and doors.

Both blinds are skid mounted so we can move them using the UTV or ATV with no problems.

The key to the canvas cover is to remove them at the end of the season.

I've had one zipper fail about 8 months after putting it into use - the customer service team at Redneck were great. I received a replacement cover within a few days.

09-May-23
Oops. Double post

11-May-23
If you're looking at several i'd look at the Bolderton. I have one and am very happy with it. The frame is somewhat a bitch like stated about the redneck but not terrible. I just used it one season on an antelope hunt and i need to do some work on the windows to make them a lil more user friendly but overall it's a great blind for about HALF the money. You can take the cover off after season and leave the frame if you wanted.

12-May-23
Never tried the redneck. But have used similar. Muddy hay bale it's nice. Been out in field for 5 years now. Like others take cover off after season I use mine for waterfowl .

15-May-23

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
I have been using them for years and have modified mine so I could put the frame in the back of my truck with the topper on. I can assemble it in about 20 minutes, but I wanted a easier and faster way to move and set up so I mounted another one onto a small trailer. With the trailer I just drive it to where I want it, park it and put the stablizer jacks down. Works great and it does not freeze down and force you to leave it out all winter.

15-May-23
I can't just drive out to where I want to put it but I'm not sure if the antelope would be bothered by the trailer or not. It hardly looks very real but I'm not sure if it'd matter.

16-May-23
Rock thats neat. would love to hear out works, how you use it...

16-May-23
Pop-r and beemann, I have used it on Antelope, Deer, Turkey and Elk without any issues. The hay bale blinds are great but not compatible with packing them very far, although I was looking at ways to set it on a game cart so that I could take it to places I could not drive too. Have not yet done much on that yet though.

16-May-23
I mounted mine on a pallet with sleds with chains easy enough to drag to a new spot (within reason)

16-May-23
No way I could drag mine where it has to go. I do use a cart some and sometimes I just carry it all. Good to know the trailer doesn't bother them. I wasn't sure it would.

17-May-23
Good to know thanks Rock...

• Sitka Gear