Zbone 13-May-23
Shuteye 14-May-23
Jaquomo 14-May-23
t-roy 14-May-23
Bigdog 21 14-May-23
10-May-23
https://www.vindy.com/news/local-news/2023/05/city-asks-odnr-to-kill-deer-hunt/

10-May-23
Poorly written article, not sure what the writer is trying to say.... I understand the part too many deer, but the city won't allow hunting and request federal employees to do the killing and not hunters?

13-May-23
This is in Mill Creek Metro Park.

13-May-23
I live near here and I've been to wedding receptions where the deer outnumber the guest. Beautiful park but apparently not much common sense

13-May-23
People are so stupid these days. Don’t realize how bad the imbalance is on the environment.

13-May-23
I'm not understanding some of this. If it's outside the city limits, what do they have to say about it?

13-May-23
I thought the same thing dnovo, but I looked it up and according to google maps Mill Creek Metro Park is within city limits.... As said above, the article is poorly written...

I know the Ohio Division of Wildlife of the ODNR is pro hunting and prefers bowhunting over sharpshooters or at least they did in NE Ohio within city limits like Hudson, but also know they allowed sharpshooters White Elephant (or something like that) killing the NE Ohio Metro Parks like Brecksville... What I think is going on here is, Youngstown city officials wants the ODNR to take out the deer and not pay for it and the ODNR is saying no, we don't do that, we only advise to do it with hunters or if you want sharpshooters, the city is going to have to pay them to do so, and it ain't cheap... The ODNR is not going to pay their employees to kill deer, there would come an outrage by license paying Ohio hunters like myself.... Maybe exaggerating but that sharpshooter company charges like hundreds of dollars to take out 1 deer... It's been controversial in NE Ohio for years...

13-May-23
In WV we have common sense. We have urban hunts in city limits and subdivisions. In State Parks when population needs reduced we have lottery deer hunts

13-May-23
I agree Nyati, that's the way it should be... We do have limited lottery deer tag places here in Ohio, Dawes Arboretum, Ravenna Arsenal come to mind, but with in city limit ordinances are a different story, especially in heavily populated metro areas of NE Ohio...

14-May-23
The company I used to work for had a chemical plant in an industrial park in Illinois. There were no guns allowed. The plant manager asked if I was a bowhunter. He invited me to fly out to the plant early in November and bring my bow and arrows. I bought a hunting license. The first morning I was there was Sunday and I was amazed they could hunt on a Sunday because In Maryland, back then, you couldn't hunt on Sunday. I climbed a tree stand they had set up and killed my first deer as soon as it got light and my second shortly after. I told them that was my limit. They said every secretary in the plant had a hunting license and would take the deer. The lab had big coolers and ice. I would take the deer to the banks of the Kankakee river and field dress and skin them the lab would bring coolers and I put the meat on ice. They had a wild game dinner and the money went to charity. Pheasants were all over the place. I could see two or three hundred deer in a day. No guns allowed but the electric company, across the street got a permit for police officers to bring rifles to kill loads of deer. They were mostly head shots and all the deer were taken care of and eaten. They killed several hundred. You had to drive very slowly through the park or you would hit deer. The top soil was several feet thick and I asked how that was possible and they said when the glaciers moved down from Canada it dumped top soil from Canada right in this spot. The soil out there was black as the ace of spades. Mill those days.

14-May-23
A few truckloads of wolves would be a good start.

14-May-23
I heard they wouldn’t eat libtards, Lou.

14-May-23
City can't afford the bowhunter. Who will block the park off and 24 hr surveillance for a week to make sure no one gets in. How long will it take a safe number of hunters too get the job done. Will they all buy insurance like a million dollar policy to cover any accident that could accumulate. Can you even get enough together on one week Safety safety is first the city does not want a law suit. Know a company will have there Owen to block all access off. They will only need a half dozen shooters as most will be at night with night vision and bait piles. Silencers . And insured. In one week they will be done.. I don't think the hunter can do this safely in one week.

• Sitka Gear