HotRod 23-May-23
wytex 23-May-23
Mav5 23-May-23
16-May-23
WOW, 3 points in special

UNSUCCESSFUL

16-May-23
Unsuccessful for me in the LE unit I applied for

Could have drawn it last year so should have this year.

Point creep is terrible

16-May-23
Hunting WY this year again!

16-May-23
4 points and didn't draw gen. Point creep. Go hunt odds said 100% draw?

16-May-23
Happy to see I was unsuccessful for elk after drawing a moose tag there.

16-May-23
Congrats to all of you that draw. Unsuccessful for me.

Didn't take long to get the first "go hunt said I would draw" post.

16-May-23
Congrats everyone!

16-May-23
"Didn't take long to get the first "go hunt said I would draw" post."

Going to see a lot of that across the forums today... hahaha

16-May-23
Unsuccessful with 15

16-May-23
Successful with 5.33 in the regular general.

16-May-23
Unit 45 type 9, can wait

16-May-23
Unit 45 type 9, can wait

16-May-23
I drew GEN with 5 in the regular draw. Funny to think I used to draw that tag with 1 point. Now 4 doesn't cut it. Congrats to everyone who drew.

16-May-23
TO, how many points? Considered making a run at 45.

16-May-23
I had been saving for 38 or 45 with 8 but the system will be overhauled by then so bailed this year. Glad to be spending points instead of saving devalued ones.

16-May-23
So I’m on my phone and for the life of me can’t check. Why are they hiding a link to check?!??

16-May-23
Bake, the link is embedded in the email sent to applicants. I could not find draw results in my portal or on the WY main page.

16-May-23

16-May-23
Thanks! That’s stupid. I found the e mail. But why in the world can’t a link be found with a Google search? That’s dumb

And none for me.

16-May-23
drew GEN, woohoo!

16-May-23
Ron, how many points and spec or gen?

16-May-23
I drew General special with zero points! Obviously got lucky in the random draw.

16-May-23
Unsuc with 4 in the special for me.

16-May-23
Reg gen 8.74% with 4 pts, Special gen 28.98% with 4 pts! Not getting much more for the extra money these days. No luck for me burned points last year so not surprised.

16-May-23
Dude.... what area did you draw a cow/spike tag? I live here and didn't know that we had those

16-May-23
I was also curious when Wyoming started to give spike tags???

16-May-23
No love for me. But I was swinging for the fences since I already have a tag. But 2 tags is a high class problem to have! (And I am definitely not high class!)

16-May-23

16-May-23
Edited because after looking at odds it doesn't need anymore visibility

16-May-23

16-May-23
You guys gotta keep up on the ‘Type’ tags. Every year there are some changes

16-May-23
Found it... only 1 area that offers that... learned something today

16-May-23
Well hopefully Wyoming doesn't go the way of Utah and start letting a bunch of spike hunters in during a premium bull hunt

16-May-23
Don't worry Orion. I am going to be camping on waterholes every night and moving upwind of elk with a hoochie mamma. To top it off I'll try to ride an atv through bedding areas, just to make sure.

16-May-23
Can't even draw a cow tag.

I'm shocked Bake didn't draw a premium area! ;-)

16-May-23
Midwest :) Me too :)

My luck may have run out. I pulled a hamstring in an alumni softball game on Saturday and today I was diagnosed with shingles. . . . . So my luck may have just tanked :)

16-May-23
Type 9 tag for me with 4 points

16-May-23
The dude you sound like a typical spike hunter. There is no reason those guys need to have the same dates as guys with a premium tag. Not sure why the spike hunters can't hunt at a different time

16-May-23
Orion, it's a joke not a dic* don't take it so hard. You can cry to fish and game if it will help, maybe even file a hurt feelings report.

16-May-23
Have my son in law and two good friends coming to hunt this year. Hopefully no one leaves a nasty note on their liberal state plated vehicles. I’ve heard of that kind of thing.

16-May-23
"I love when these nonresidents come on here and complain. Your opinion doesn't matter" - Orion 5/10/2023

16-May-23
Not looking for anyone's honey hole or anything like that:) It's just that I drew this LE trophy reduced price cow tag and I've never actually hunted cow elk before.

16-May-23
Successful in regular general elk with 4.66 average between 3 of us. Sounds like I was cutting it close but happy to draw.

16-May-23
"Ron, how many points and spec or gen?"

Pyrannah, a buddy and I averaged 7 PP's and we entered and drew the gen, not the spec.

what many don't know is only a few of us privileged NR's that drew an elk tag also received a voucher or get out of jail free card for corner hopping. i'm headed to elk mountain!

16-May-23

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
You just never know if you'll draw or not no matter the points you have in about any state but WY is a great place to elk hunt, love that state! In the areas I've hunted there's tons of open type country but have noticed there are countless hunters glassing & ATVing those type areas.

On the tag my Son drew we spent several days doing the same thing as there were lots of eye candy to entertain us but because of the amount of roads just about any group of elk were accessible by all.

We ended up locating a patch of timber in the unit (via map) that was 3/4x3/4 mile & hunted that. Not a single hunter was in or around it. Timber is our Forte' - we love it for calling reasons. Within one hour after daylight I called this bull to 10 yards for him. Moral of this post is don't discount those small timbered areas when drowned with mostly open sage, it just might pay off with little pressure.

ElkNut

16-May-23
My sons and I were successful; taking them on their first elk hunt. Really excited for this one!

17-May-23
I won a $1100 refund that devalued significantly over the third-of-a-year that WY held on to it.

17-May-23
You got that right, Ike. Might get me a couple bags of groceries and a half tank of gas.

Congrats to all that drew Wyo tags!

20-May-23
I've been up in Wyoming all week.

Yeh, I'll get a thread going once I get pix transferred ect.

I don't do any Secure log in sites nor social media when I'm gone, cause I'm gone away from it all.

So, I get no email results nor any Draw results in my Wyoming Log-in account when I got home yesterday.

I call 'em and apparently many others have had the same problem and it still isn't posted in the Account.

Any hoooooo, she told me, I only drew 2nd Choice RP cow/calf. in # 80.

So, a Full Price $efund and some meat in the freezer tag.

Congrats all that drew,

Robb

20-May-23
Go Hunt said… lol

Randy said…. Lol

If you didn’t draw with 4 it should have been no surprise. It doesn’t take a lot of homework to figure out where the line will be drawn. This is the first year since 1999 that I won’t be hunting elk. I’m going to hunt mulies in region G and put all of my time and effort into that. Good luck!

20-May-23
The even point groups are a GEN tag killer; get in a party app.

21-May-23
Got drawn for a general tag with 4 points. I've only been doing some halfhearted research up to now not knowing if I'd get drawn, now it's time to really start researching areas.

Suggestion would be appreciated. Privately, of course

23-May-23
Refund $howed yesterday.

Good luck, Robb

23-May-23
Wait sum one was on another forum guarantee 4 points would be %100 draw odds for a gen tag in the regular draw... That's to bad Mule Power U didn't draw maybe Ull have to find sum higher point buddies to point share with..... Maybe U could try Colorado OTC...

23-May-23
pm sent wraith8

23-May-23
I'm generally unlucky with everything, but drew a gen again this year with 0, after an unfilled gen tag last year.

• Sitka Gear