Mark Watkins 01-Apr-24
Nyati 01-Apr-24
Osceola 04-Apr-24
Shiloh 05-Apr-24
t-roy 05-Apr-24
Shiloh 05-Apr-24
Nyati 05-Apr-24
16-May-23
I'm going to be spraying my clover here shortly, and I was just wondering if you could put 2-4D B with the Clethodim so I would only need to spray it one time to kill the grass and broadleaf.

16-May-23
I'm going to be spraying my clover here shortly, and I was just wondering if you could put 2-4D B with the Clethodim so I would only need to spray it one time to kill the grass and broadleaf.

16-May-23
I do it all the time. Just make sure your plot has no chicory mixed in. Butyrac kills chicory. If you have Chicory swap out the DB for Imox. That Will also kill grass + broadleaf weeds.

16-May-23
Thank you. What is your Oz of Clethodim and OZ of 2-4D B per acre do you put in per gallon?

16-May-23
Be sure to use crop oil with your clethodim good luck Lewis

16-May-23
I've always wanted to try both on a single spray. The fact I mix bean oil with Clethodim has stopped me from trying. I've never used a surfactant with Butyrac (2-4DB).

@Pat...do you use a surfactant with the mix?

16-May-23
I always use crop oil and I mix both together been doing it for years Lewis

16-May-23
@ Lewis how many ounce of each do you use per gallon. I've got about 2 acres to do. Im just making sure I don't short myself. And yes I do use surfactant.

16-May-23
16 oz clethodim 3 pts 2-4DB 1% crop oil

All per acre

16-May-23
Buckwatcher…… the amounts of chemicals that you mix and use, are per acre, not per gallon of water. You need to figure out how many gallons of water per acre you are spraying, and mix your chemical accordingly. Wether you are spraying 10 gals per acre, or 20 per acre, you still mix the same amount of chemical In whatever amount of water it takes to cover that acre. Hopefully that makes sense………I believe Shiloh’s amounts of chemicals are correct.

16-May-23
T-Roy is correct. Plenty of videos on calibrating spray rigs on YouTube I imagine. I still don’t have mine just right.

16-May-23
I hate to contradict guys that know what they are doing, but I’ve never calibrated a spray rig in my life. I mix oz. to gal. and spray at about three mph and I have never had a problem doing that. I use .5 oz. of cleth and three oz. of Butyrac per gallon for clover but I never did spray them together. I finally stopped spraying for weeds, just mowed the clover at about eight inches high. My plots were always too ragged to try to figure acreage. :-) I have no good place to grow clover now, but that’s how I did it a few years ago.

18-May-23
Thanks guys for you help

18-May-23

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
This rate is based on my sprayer. For small food plots it can be helpful only as a guide.
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
This rate is based on my sprayer. For small food plots it can be helpful only as a guide.
This is my chart based on 20 gallons of water. Understand that this is based on my sprayer but can be used as a rough guideline.

As Drycreek mentioned, for small food plots of clover and other things a rough guideline is ok. When you are putting in 30 acres of beans, corn and other crops you need to know how much pre/post you’re putting down per acre. Calibration is necessary.

Good luck.

31-Mar-24
Mixing herbicides can be tricky, so I totally get where you're coming from. I remember when I first started gardening, I had a similar question about combining different products. One time, I was struggling to control weeds in my garden, and a friend suggested mixing two herbicides. I was hesitant at first, but after some research and experimentation, it turned out to be a game-changer! Just like you're considering with 2-4D B and Clethodim. You can also import raw materials from China; it's fascinating how global trade connects us all. I've read about companies like Lucky Sound Group making quality products accessible worldwide.

01-Apr-24
I also spray 2-4DB and Cleth together in my clover plots but like Pat mentioned it will kill chicory. I used to plant some mixes that included both clover and chicory, but years ago I changed that and do not plant those mixes any longer but instead have a few dedicated plots that are straight chicory which I've been pleased with.

01-Apr-24
Great info Gents!

It wont be long!!!

Mark

01-Apr-24
And that’s why I don’t plant chicory in my clover fields

04-Apr-24

Osceola's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
Osceola's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

I sparyed my clover plots with Clethidium and Imox on 4-3-24. Below is the 5 day temp forecast and the 7 days after that all reach high of 65 degrees. I have never sprayed this early and all the plants are tiny.

What is your projection of the chemicals's effectiveness?

05-Apr-24
This year I will be putting out 10oz of clethodim and 4oz of imazethapyr. This was a recommendation from a well respected biologist in our area. It is supposed to work longer than the 24db mix. We’ll see.

05-Apr-24
Keep us posted on your results, Shiloh.

05-Apr-24
Will do

05-Apr-24
I used Imox with clethodim for a few years. Did well on most broadleafs . Didn’t do well on thistles. Last year I switched back to 2,4Db and had much better kill on thistles. Didn’t get them all, maybe 80% but that was better than Imox

• Sitka Gear