bowyer45 26-Mar-24
rickepanton 27-Mar-24
Pop-r 27-Mar-24
12yards 27-Mar-24
APauls 27-Mar-24
Bowbender 27-Mar-24
Candor 27-Mar-24
23-May-23
Hoping for some input. I have an F250. Looking for something that is going to last for several hundred thousand miles and gets great gas mileage. Toyota Corolla, Subaru Outback? Any other makes/models?

23-May-23
Probably can't go wrong with either. Wife and daughter own Subaru Outbacks both 2013. We bought them used and have owned for 4-ish years. Great gas mileage, can carry a ton of stuff inside. I have a Toyota Tacoma 2001. Granted these are older vehicles and things may have changed, but I find that many items on the Subaru are plastic and rattle more compared to my Tacoma (bumper connections, interior trim panels, etc.). The Subaru is fine on relatively maintained gravel/dirt roads but wouldn't handle much more as far as off roading. They have really good traction with all wheel drive and handle well in snow and ice. Really no complaints and not much maintenance with our small data set of 2 Subarus.

23-May-23
I’m a Toyota guy. Have 3 of them Sienna - 400k Avalon - 230k Sequoia - 230k

No issues with any of them. Other vehicle 2001 7.3 Excursion with 440k on it. No such thing as a low miles vehicle in my family.

23-May-23
You would get made fun of less if you avoid the Subaru. If I saw you in one I'd probably guess you are a lesbian. ;)

23-May-23
I should add my previous Tacoma 333K miles I sold it still running, just enough suspension and seal issues that it was time to go. Our Subarus are about 120-140K miles no major issues just typical oil changes.

23-May-23
Toyota. Great vehicles that hold their value amazingly well. We bought a new RAV4 for our daughter for college graduation 3 years ago and she is trading it in for more than we paid for it. Crazy.

23-May-23
I’ve owned Toyota trucks in the past but that was when they were 4 cylinder. Great gas mileage and would go anywhere. I would look at a older used Tacoma.

23-May-23
Bought a brand-new corolla in 2006 son still driving it has 500.000 miles no oil leaks to this day best vehicle i have ever owned and averages 36 plus mpg.

23-May-23
As mentioned likely either one will be dependable. Wife has had a Subaru for a number of years and no complaints. Getting ready to send youngest daughter back to college in one.

23-May-23
I've got a Taco. Love the thing. It's 18 years old and isn't near as "rattley" as much newer trucks. Gas mileage isn't great though. 18 gpm average. V6/auto.

23-May-23
Several hundred thousand!? Wow, that would be amazing. We've had Toyotas (Camry, Corolla (2), Sienna) and they have all been great and lasted a long time. They are like electric razors. They just keep humming along. I've heard great things about Subarus, but, as was mentioned, they come with the stigma. But they are supre vehicles. My supervisor at work has a CrossTrek. He let me drive it and I was very impressed. Watched him drive out on a lake ice fishing with 8" of snow on the lake with no issues.

23-May-23
I've got a 2107 Outback (4cyl). I'm not impressed with it's fuel mileage especially considering it's lack of acceleration power. I do like the all wheel drive and higher clearance for street/gravel road driving in snow. Only at 70k miles so I can't attest to durability.

23-May-23
Not sure i want to admit this but we are on Subaru #9. We have owned a subaru or two since back in the 80's i think. currently we have 2018 forester and 2014 outback. We have run several up close to 300,000 miles with only normal maintenance and with very few issues. A plus for them is they are still fairly easy to do all the maintenance yourself. Living in Wisconsin in winter is where they really shine. BTW we have always owned a truck as well for the real work.

23-May-23

Matt's Link
If you are one of the “vote with your pocketbook” types, Subaru is proud to be the largest corporate donor to the ASPCA which opposes sport hunting.

23-May-23
Did our first road trip on the Rav4 hybrid this past weekend. Drove 750 miles for under $70, which was a nice upgrade from the F150! lol. Highway driving is worse than city for a hybrid.

23-May-23
We have a Subaru and a Toyota, both great vehicles and great values.

Matt, it's because they have a lesbian do their commercials. Of course Subaru is going to donate! Ha!

23-May-23

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
Currently have a highlander hybrid. almost 32 mpg. I had a 2005 corolla. Had 320+ on it when I sold it. Only maint I ever did (other than oil and tires) was an alternator right before I sold it and an intake manifold gasket ($10 and 10 minutes to fix) Serviced the manual transmission once by myself and never even had to do the brakes. I am in the market for another commuter and the Corolla and Crosstrek are both on my list. Looking at the Mazda CX-30 as well. Oh, the Corolla makes a great elk hunting vehicle too. I can verify that for sure.

23-May-23
years ago i owned a toyota pickup, before they were called tacoma. over a year ago i purchased a '22 tacoma and have since put about 20K miles on it. mechanically it has been good, no issues. we also own an '09 camry with 225k miles that probably won't die anytime soon. it burns oil but is rock solid otherwise. it has never not started or acted like it might break down.

toyota quality has gone downhill, particularly fit and finish. next to an S10 blazer i owned in the 90's, my '22 tacoma is the worst assembled vehicle i have owned. squeaks, rattles, misaligned bed & rear bumper, etc. i have fixed most of it but random squeaks and rattles still come and go. i can gently tap the side of the bed above the wheels and the liners rattle.

my experience seems to be supported by some of the interweb sites i read.

point being, if you are buying a new toyota, know that they are not what they once were. other than the 4 runner, i am not sure what other models are still built in japan but i would research and choose one of those if it fit my needs.

i have no experience with subaru.

another suggestion for a small car or SUV is honda. we have had a few honda/acura vehicles and all have been reliable and well-built. i personally would choose a honda over a toyota.

23-May-23
Have always wanted a 70 series Toyota Land Cruiser, and now they've brought them back but starting price 69 grand is way out f my league...

23-May-23
I also have an F250 that was my weekend plaything/hunting vehicle until my son came of driving age. He got my 2017 Corolla. I miss that car. Very comfortable and nicer than expected for what I paid for it. Gas mileage was great. We could load the car up for a weekend basketball tournament, drive from NM to CO, AZ, or TX with A/C full blast and 80 miles an hour and still get 38 mpg.

My mom has a Subaru, higher end and it’s ok. It’s been reliable. Very touchy with the sensors and brakes. Have had that thing kind of freak out on me for no reason a few times. If it were me I’d buy a Camry. Wife had one for awhile and it was a great car. We should’ve kept it for sure. It was a hybrid 4cyl and had a very surprising amount of juevos and great gas mileage.

23-May-23
I have a 2012 Tacoma and my wife has a 2018 Outback. My experience with 2 Tacomas has been nothing less than fantastic in regards to reliability. My current Taco has 95k on it and had zero repairs except for some rust issues on the exhaust pipes which I find to be a common issue on both I owned. We rented a Camry and honestly I didn’t care for how it drove. Her Outback has been good it just has stupid issues like the infotainment system glitches and the car is known to have an issue that reads the gas tank capacity wrong. Other than that it’s been great. Honestly it’s amazing how much the Tacos hold their value along with being extremely reliable. That’s my choice!!!

23-May-23
I will mention that my future vehicle will either be the new 2024 Tacoma hybrid or the new Toyota coming out to compete with the Ford Maverick if it looks good.

23-May-23
My next vehicle will be a used Lexus RX or Toyota Highlander. Running a '07 Tacoma and tired of the too-stiff ride. (And whatever you buy, do not get a 4 cylinder anemic engine. Two mpg ain't worth it.)

23-May-23
I hunted out of a subaru forester for years, my wife had impreza hatchbacks for close to 15yrs. Great rigs for sure. We now both drive Toyotas. I have a Taco and she has a highlander hybrid (frigging fantastic that thing is) So far, I'd say the Toyotas have had lower cost of ownership and have been similar to slightly more reliable.

That said, that forester could drive into places in the woods that astonished folks... So if you may use it for local hunting... That's worth considering.

Oh, the Subaru is also the greatest "camo" for hunting ever. Park at a public access, some of which I hunted with it were surrounded by 3/4 million + dollar houses and you basically walked a right of way through a yard to hunt... and none of the locals would bat an eye, until they were astonished to see my wife or I don camo ha ha ha!

23-May-23
Had a 1986 22R and a 1996 Tacoma and currently own a 2004 Tundra. They have all been great vehicles and held their value very well. My next truck will be another Toyota. My wife had a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek - decent vehicle but very tinny and while it ate up snow it was not good on ice no matter the numerous fixes we went through to try to correct it. Everybody but Subaru acknowledged we had a lemon. Never again. Now my wife has a Lexus RX350 which is a very comfy well built vehicle that admittedly gets poorer mileage than the Subaru but far safer.

23-May-23
Sounds like you are looking for a car. I'm fixing to trade my daughter's 2014 Honda Accord in on a Camry. Her Accord has had too many things wrong with it ( alternator, starter, wheel bearing ) for me to consider it to be nearly as reliable as what I was expecting. She has several more years in school before she will be self sustaining and I'm getting tired of all the BS with her Accord. Everyone else in our family drives Toyota's with minimal issues. I know they "aren't what they used to be", but what the Hell is these days.....

23-May-23
25 years or older to import a 70 series Land Cruiser. Starting to see a few show up but they are not cheap. Such a shame we never had them here.

Not a fit for the point of this thread but would love to have one.

23-May-23
Car frame, subaru. Truck frame, yota.

23-May-23
"If you are one of the “vote with your pocketbook” types, Subaru is proud to be the largest corporate donor to the ASPCA which opposes sport hunting."

Enough said!

The wife has had really good luck with Hyundai SUV's. Kind of like the Toyota of yesteryear... cheap and fairly well built. I wouldn't be a bit hesitant to make one a hunting vehicle (if you didn't need 4 wheel drive).

23-May-23
Just echoing Catscratchs statement about Subaru and theASPCA.

23-May-23
Chevrolet !!

23-May-23
Glunt, can the new (2022-2023) reproduction 70 series Land Cruisers be bought in the states?

23-May-23

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I have a Subaru, Corolla and Tacoma. Most of the time I take one of the cars for deer. Keep in mind the trail head I use is very popular amongst the spandex granola eating hippy non-hunters. The car is “camouflage” for the parking lot. Sure has heck is fun to hike past those folks with a deer head on my pack and back up to the trunk. The looks are priceless.

23-May-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
The 70 series has been in production since the mid 80s. Unfortunately, due to US emission and safety standards we never got them and can't get the newest version. A few were imported for use in mines where they stayed on the job site buy the only ones we get are imported once they get 25 years old. My buddy drove a brand new one in Africa last year.

23-May-23
I have a 2017 toyota tacoma 4x4 with a 4 cylinder engine. I go a week on 1 tank of gas and it's high enough to handle the hills and valleys where I hunt. for me the perfect hunting truck. That being said I'm not pulling any boats with it.

23-May-23
Had a 1986 22R and a 1996 Tacoma and currently own a 2004 Tundra. They have all been great vehicles and held their value very well. My next truck will be another Toyota. My wife had a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek - decent vehicle but very tinny and while it ate up snow it was not good on ice no matter the numerous fixes we went through to try to correct it. Everybody but Subaru acknowledged we had a lemon. Never again. Now my wife has a Lexus RX350 which is a very comfy well built vehicle that admittedly gets poorer mileage than the Subaru but far safer.

24-May-23
I love these threads. The one I have is the best and here's why. LOL.

Between a Corolla and an Outback, hands down Outback. For the money, Outback has a lot more room and you can sleep in it. I'd suggest buying a 2013 or newer due to timing chains instead of the previous belts. I bought my daughter a 2014 with 155,000 miles with all services done. I'm sure that thing would of went 300k miles if she didn't total it first! It was a good car for the money.

FTR- I'm a Toyota guy.

24-May-23
Problem with Subies these days is that they only offer a CVT (outside of the WRX), so if you want an actual TRANSMISSION, go Toyota. If I get to where I have to have an auto or CVT, I’ll go all in and get a hybrid. Just hoping somebody will build a pickup with decent towing capacity and good enough mileage to make 100-mile jaunts to go hunting or fishing semi-affordable…

My Borister has a Stick, which is part of why I’m holding onto it. At 135k it has taught 4 teenagers to drive and clutch is still fine.

If I had the $$$ floating around, I’d be looking at the Corolla GR mid-level trim. Manual and AWD, plus great mileage if you don’t flog the turbo and some Grin Factor if you do….

24-May-23
Calling all Subaru drivers.... Will you please at least drive the speed limit?

Every one I get behind cant seem to get up to the posted speed limit.

24-May-23
i think id go with the toyota...unless youre a lesbian...lol

24-May-23
I will add... a couple of years ago when it was time to replace the wife's car she went to every dealership in town. Subaru was the only one who treated her like crap. She came home pissed! Said they acted like she was a stupid girl who didn't know anything mechanical. Wrong way to treat a farm girl who grew up on a tractor. They lost her (and her mom) for life. Of course that's dealership specific and reflects on people more than a company.

24-May-23

24-May-23
Have had and still have an Outback (2016) older 2005 and an 09 Forester. Never a problem with any of them. Great in snow and for light offroad use. Lots of space and you can sleep in the back of the outback with seats folded down. Mileage is so-so but beats my truck by a long shot. Had a corolla for a lot of years and never had issues with it either, other than being too small for me to fit comfortably. The subies have a lot of leg and head room. I now own a 23 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. Only 5k miles so far, but I am really impressed with how comfortable it is. Like most hybrids it does not do any better than a non-hybrid once you are going 80 on the freeway. Around town (Denver metro) in the summer I get about 39 avg on a tank. Less in the winter when the engine runs more to keep at operating temp. Truck wise my go to camping and hunting vehicle is my 2018 Tacoma. 4th Taco I have owned and they have all been great. Only issue is Taco trucks just don't get particularly great gas mileage. My 18 is better than my 95 was but still have a tough time clearing 20 on the freeway. My work Ford Expedition max will average about 22, and it is a way larger vehicle. However, I expect my Toyota and cockroaches to be the only things left on the planet at the end of eternity. I also buy the vehicle I like and that fits me well. I could care less about other folks impressions.

24-May-23
Owned Toyota since 90 and have a 2022 Hybrid RAV4 that we took a 4000K round trip, break in, very please with the mpg and comfort and handling. Have a 2021 Tacoma that meet my life style, Toyota has a long engineering history for QC and the milage proves it. One of the best and fun Toyota I had was an Echo, that little car got 50 mpg and was like a motorcycle with the 5 speed manual, gave it to my son and was total from someone hitting it, would like to see that one come back.

24-May-23
My wife’s on her 3rd outback. I prefer the Forester. Much more headroom and bigger(taller) hatch for hauling treestands and camping gear. I’m on my 3rd forester. Son got a hand me down ‘04 Impreza from the wife- almost 150k and still going strong. Daughter has a 2015 Forester we got for her with 60k on it a couple years ago. I had a 2012 forester that I totaled when I slid off the road on black ice and hit a tree head on at 45mph. Found out why they are top of the class in safety rating!(walked away with nothing more than a little soreness) Replaced it with a 2014 Forester that I put almost 300k on before selling it. Then got a 2017 Forester in 2019 with 36k. Have it up to 144k now. Only problem we have had over the years was with the CVT transmission on the 2014 Forester(first year for the CVT on Foresters). Contacted SUBARU USA and they fixed it for FREE, even though it was just over the warranty period.

IMHO you can’t go wrong with the Forester! The symmetrical AWD is amazing (I can plow snow with my bumper) and you still get 32-34 mpg! Plenty of headroom and leg room compared to the Outback and the “stance” is higher so much easier getting in and out of for a 6’ 2”+ guy. (I bang my head frequently when getting in/out of the Outback! : ( And it’s the easiest car I have ever owned to change the oil/filters on................it’s right up front on top in the engine compartment! : )

All that said, you DO have to be secure in your manhood to drive a Subaru! ;-)

24-May-23
"I have ever owned to change the oil/filters on................it’s right up front on top in the engine compartment! : )"......yep, makes it a breeze.

24-May-23
But try changing the low beam headlight on an Outback. You have to pull away the wheelwell liner, reach up with one hand in an awkward position where you can't see, unscrew a plastic cover with tabs that only fit back in aligned just so, then release spring tabs on the bulb...and try to repeat the process with a new bulb. TOTAL PAIN

24-May-23
I am not a brand name snob. I bought my Outback for towing capacity. It is a 2006 model so I have done a lot of nagging repairs. If I wasn't going to tow I would look at Nissan and maybe even a Honda Accord or Civic. Look at the MPG rating and how many older vehicles are still going strong. I have always liked the Toyota vehicles for dependability but they lag behind others in MPG. My older cars got in excess of 40mpg with my driving style. I am hard pressed to get better than 28 with the Outback. My son gets 29 with his Corolla.

24-May-23
Toyota Tundra 5.7 8 power train 2007. 320,00. Body is getting beat up a little but still going strong. My friends are Toyota mechanics. Never touch a 4cyl and nothing after 2019.

I have 2006 Corolla with 152,000.... some issues but engine is strong.

24-May-23
Thanks for the tip smarba........................if we ever need to change the bulb on the outback I will take it to our mechanic and let him deal with it! ;-)

greenmountain- that's another reason I prefer the Forester. I don;t think any AWD gets much better than 32-34 mpg..............................................

24-May-23
Well just to throw my 2 cents in. If you can find a good condition low mileage Honda Element you'd have a 4 wd plenty of space sleep in it if need be and a reliable ey are not meant for heavy off rd use but they will get you down the logging trail and gas mileage isn't terrible. Check out how folks use them for campers. Get a west coast vehicle rust free and you might like it. I'm in the hunt for one currently, see what I come up with.

24-May-23
My wife has a Toyota RAV4. Gets amazing gas mileage and the added space of an SUV

24-May-23
I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma with almost exactly 200,000 miles. It shows no sign of slowing down. Have owned 4 different Toyotas....loved them all.....

24-May-23
Toyota vs Subaru? Toyota every time.

24-May-23
I own a 2006 Pontiac vibe ( aka Toyota matrix ) and a 14 Subaru Outback. The vibrators taken on 3 coins and 2 deer and only cost me tires and brakes after 260k. She doesn’t die…. She’s ugly…. But she has a great personality. Traded in my 2011 f150 after numerous troubles on a used Subaru Outback with 50k less than the truck had on it… after 3 years with her she only needs new shoes. Currently averaging 31mpg. Both are paid off and run like champs. Neither one of them is gonna get me any tail but tail just takes away from hunting trips….

24-May-23
“If you can find a good condition low mileage Honda Element…”

I saw one today which had been chopped into a micropickup - extended cab!

I’ll say that my Borister with the manual is hard pressed to top 27 mpg with much of a load in it or in hilly county. I used to get about 28 on my commute, but I hypermiled it and speeds topped out at 70-ish. A box like that can only be pushed just so hard without a steep penalty…

On the bright side, when I bought it, it was the only AWD on the road that could get that kind of mileage AND transport 3 hockey bags… and it was only about 1/2 of what people are currently paying for the “average new car” these days….

24-May-23
Sambra I think that’s only on the drivers side and while it’s no 3 min job it’s not horrid. I’ll definitely take that as long as I get the stupid easy oil changes with the filter in the most accessible and cleanest place ever. That engineer deserves an award

24-May-23
Subaru Brat

24-May-23
A guy tell me I might be approached by lesbians if I buy a Subaru but his wife loves her pink Taco?

I’m confused…..

Definitely NOT looking for a truck. I have one. It’s been interesting to see how many used Toyotas and Subarus there are for sale with 150-200 thousand miles on them. If I go with a car it has to be a little sporty looking. The versatility of an suv like the Outback is appealing. Mileage has to be at least 26 city 32 highway.

24-May-23
We have a 2017 Subaru Outback that we put around 145,000 miles on without a single mechanical issue. We have no brand loyalty and buy whatever we are looking for based partially on ratings from Consumer Reports. Our Nissan Altima was ranked #1 in 2010 and it too hasn't had a single issue and has over 200,000 miles on it. For a while, the Honda Ridgeline was ranked as the best truck. Go figure. You might check out Consumer Reports before making any decision - unless you are loyal to a particular brand. Good luck.

24-May-23
After baseball sized hail destroyed my Honda Passport in 2008 as I was planning my elk trip, I had a nice large insurance check and was shopping for a vehicle. The Subaru website and dealer contact basically helped point to a Mitsubishi Outlander with a V-6. Gas was at a premium and we drove that thing 13 hours into Eastern Montana to hunt for three weeks. Loaded a 5 X 5 elk into the game hauler and coolers in the back, topper, etc. for the drive home. 13 years later after about 250K miles two teenage drivers, donated it to a school. In the meantime, bought a 2014 Outlander (crushed in a rear end collision) and two 2019 Outlander sports, one for my wife one for my daughter.

That said bought a 2023 Tacoma to replace my 2012 F-150 that I bought after the 2nd Outlander was smashed. We looked at Subaru SUVs and sorry but the Outlanders always came out on top with performance, options, price, etc. Only down side was they quit offering the tailgate on it (rare in a SUV).

As far as a sedan my son is still driving his Moms Accord another one that just seems to run forever .

I likely won't buy an American vehicle again due to the rust, performance and cost.

24-May-23
Which dealer is closer. That one.

25-May-23
My wife has a 2013 Highlander with 105,000 miles on it. Great comfortable car and she loves it. I like the V6 motor and gas mileage is around 24 on the highway. My daughter drives a 2013 Corolla which has been a great car, and my son has a 2012 Civic. We've also had 2008 Civic and a 2001 CRV. I like Hondas but the road noise is bad and the ride quality isn't as good as Toyota. My friends would never let me live down driving a Subaru;)

25-May-23
I have 218,000 on my 2014 Outback. It has carried numerous deer and a couple bear in the Jet sled that goes in the back. Love this vehicle. Our 3rd one.

25-May-23
I don't know about either vehicle, but I sure miss my old Chevy "Luv" Truck... that thing was pure fun!

25-May-23
I remember the Chevy Luv. Chevrolet put their name on Isuzu pick ups. Ford sold Mazda pick ups under the ranger name. I liked the Toyota trucks until the resale price became crazy high and the frames rotted off. I have been tempted to buy a 2wd Colorado.

25-May-23

Rut Nut's Link
deerhunter72- They'd be laughing......................................UNTIL they had to call you to pull them out of the snow in their Toyota or Honda! ;-)

25-May-23
Our everyday drivers are Nissan altimas. Sold one 2012 with 155k on it to a family member. Its still going strong. Nothing but oil changes, etc. We still have a 2012 thats got 200k, has hit 2 deer and a coyote, and still runs like a top.

25-May-23
That's a great video! I have no doubt that Subaru's are great vehicles and I would drive one regardless of what anyone thinks. Right now I'm comfortable and happy with my 2011 GMC Sierra.

Ksgobbler, I have a coworker whose sister has a Nissan Altima. I think it's an '08, but they have well over 400,00 miles on it. When it went over 300,00 they got a certified letter from Nissan congratulating them on keeping the car and driving it so much.

25-May-23
Forgot to mention I hit 5 deer, a couple coyotes and a pheasant with that first Mitsi. Only minor damage to bumper or rear wheel well.

25-May-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
My old truck hunting elk in September in WY.
Bowboy's embedded Photo
My old truck hunting elk in September in WY.
I just bought a brand new 2023 Tundra. Sold my old 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 to a friend for his 15yr old son. The Chevy was a great truck but I figured I needed to upgrade.

25-May-23
I have a 97 Subaru Impreza. Within a few miles of turning over 260K. Solid car. Good gas mileage, still on original clutch. Only routine maintenance. Subarus are not just for lesbians, they are bad ass.

26-May-23
Peco2, you should email that last sentence to Suburu’s marketing dept - that could be their new slogan!

29-May-23
It's interesting to see that Subaru is a big non sport hunting advocate. I never knew that but not a chance I would buy one now and definitely wouldn't tell people I had one if I did.

29-May-23
Corolla or camery...I got 210,000 on my 2010 corrolla. Had a 98 camery that had 270,000. Still ran great. Gave it away to a carless family

26-Mar-24
1999 Tacoma with the V-6, 240K and still going strong. Only weak parts were the water pumps and I've had a couple on it. If there's snow and ice, 1999 Grand Cherokee. Gas mileage sucks , but they weigh as much as a tank. 4L inline 6 cyl. was one of the best engines AMC ever designed. Both are 4WD but truck is too light in the rear. 4WD is no help when you swap ends on ice...don't ask me how I know!

26-Mar-24
I'm still driving a 97 Subaru Impreza. 262+k miles. Routine maintenance. It's a fun car, not much ground clearance though. When and if it ever dies, I will most likely replace it with a Toyota truck.

26-Mar-24
My 2019 corolla has had all kind of issues and built cheap as fuk, im not impressed, my previous Suzuki's were much better

26-Mar-24
Mulepower, Can't ever go wrong with the Subaru outback, should of seen my brother and I coming out of the hi country log road near you live, with a foot of snow and a 4pt and 7 point in the back for traction. It was a good day!

27-Mar-24
Both Toyota and Subaru are known for their reliability and longevity, so you're off to a good start! The Toyota Corolla is a fuel-efficient option with a reputation for durability, while the Subaru Outback offers the versatility of an SUV with the efficiency of a sedan. If you're open to other makes and models, you might also consider hybrid vehicles. They combine gas mileage with electric power for even greater efficiency. And if you're concerned about maintenance, services like hybrid auto repair Sacramento can help keep your vehicle running smoothly for years to come. Ultimately, it depends on your preferences and priorities, but any of these options could be a great choice for lasting durability and fuel efficiency.

27-Mar-24
Crazy how many "sportsmen and women" give money to companies that want to take our outdoor sporting activities away. They pay for their own demise and don't realize it or care. Smh.

27-Mar-24
I just read an article this morning that new Subarus have software that makes you have to go to a Subaru dealer for any service outside of an oil change. Some proprietary software that your local mechanic would have to pay Subaru for if they want to service the cars. Same for Nissan and Mercedes and there might have been another auto maker. Something to look into anyways.

27-Mar-24
Every Toyota vehicle I've had (Tercel, Hilux diesel, Yaris, Rav 4 Hybrid just new) has been quality and needed basic maintenance. The Yaris we had long enough to do a chunk of exhaust pipe as well. Other than that they do what they're told.

27-Mar-24
Had a Subaru 4wd Hatchback from 1984-1989... Took it waaaaay more places than I probably should have. Still got me there and home, with dead stuff in the back.

27-Mar-24
The Subaru Outback is the best combination of attributes of any vehicle with which I am familiar. My daughter's 2nd vehicle was an Outback, she was rear-ended on an interstate by a vehicle moving 60 mph and she walked away. It is a tolerable 4wd, the handsfree is really advanced, and it is well built quality vehicle. You just gotta get a "coexist" sticker for it :)

• Sitka Gear