Recurve Man 24-May-23
DonVathome 24-May-23
Blood 24-May-23
WV Mountaineer 24-May-23
DonVathome 25-May-23
Lost Arra 25-May-23
Overland 25-May-23
24-May-23
I know a lot of guys have shipped meat so let's here how I can ship a tent I am selling. Total weight is about 80# and it is 48"x24"x16". Ideas?

24-May-23

UPS UPS® Ground CHEAPESTInstant Access, Deep Discounts Estimated delivery Tuesday 5/30 by 11:00 PM if shipped today Free Tracking • $100 insurance included Save 46% $167.39 retail $90.59

UPS UPS 3 Day Select® Instant Access, Deep Discounts Estimated delivery Tuesday 5/30 by 11:00 PM if shipped today Free Tracking • $100 insurance included Save 74% $494.02 retail $128.80

24-May-23
Check out Speedee.

24-May-23
I haven't shipped anything heavy but have heard that UPS is the most expensive then Fed Ex then Speedee. So that's what I would check out.

24-May-23
It didn't post up there but the rated I posted are from Pirateship.com.

24-May-23
If you have PayPal, send the buyer an invoice using that (even if it’s only for a small amount) then you can use their discounted UPS shipping rate via the PayPal Shipstation. This will save a lot of dough.

24-May-23
I use SpeeDee from my shop and like their service. The only thing is they are not nation wide. Midwest and a little more in each direction.

24-May-23
Thanks! I have never heard of SpeeDee!!!!!!!!!!

24-May-23
Don, if you have anyone that you know that has a FedEx business account - that will be the cheapest way to ship. Ask your company - if you still work - for theirs. Or ask a buddy if they have a FedEx account.

24-May-23
^^^ This^^^

25-May-23
Thanks!

25-May-23
I'm sure you've thought this through but I would make every effort to sell locally. My daughter lists stuff for me on Facebook Marketplace and I've had good success with some crazy stuff like a 24 year old zero turn mower with no engine.

There has to be some decent shipping rates out there. I bought a Big Shot Targets Iron Man 30 on sale from the factory. Lancaster wanted $76 to ship it. Big Shot shipped it free and it arrived in three days. That beast weighs right at 60 pounds.

25-May-23
Pirateship.com for sure. It gives commercial rates or better. On larger items in particular you can save a tremendous amount over going to the post office or UPS. I shipped a backpack for something like $13 that UPS and the Post Office wanted $65 to ship. I've now shipped well over a hundred items through Pirateship.

• Sitka Gear