glidingindian 04-Jun-23
BULELK1 04-Jun-23
Thornton 04-Jun-23
Mark 06-Jun-23
Spaz 13-Jun-23
BULELK1 14-Jun-23
SteveB 15-Jun-23
25-May-23
Emails are out. Son just drew Diamond Archery deer.

25-May-23
Can’t believe it, I’m pumped!!

25-May-23
Congrats guys! Swing and a miss for me.

25-May-23
Dang! After 19 years I finally drew! Book Cliffs archery elk!!

Yippee!!!

25-May-23
Successful across the board!! Points.....haha! Congrats to those that drew! TODDY

25-May-23
Nothing for me, but odds were very slim.

25-May-23
Amazing to hear good success! Haven't heard on mine yet

25-May-23
Bumped a buddy up and WE will be archery hunting in Fish Lake!

September can’t come soon enough!

25-May-23
Congrats to those who drew! All negatives for me.

25-May-23
Got my dedicated deer as expected. 3 years with lots of hunting time.

25-May-23
My son drew Antelope, Nine Mile, Any Weapon. He's 16, so looks like a Utah Antelope hunt for us in September!!!

25-May-23
Congrats to the chosen few. Goose eggs here. 20 and counting LE elk.

25-May-23
Wasatch Elk

25-May-23
Nada

25-May-23
Thankfully all nothing

25-May-23
Manti elk. (With a rifle though) :-)

25-May-23
Five USUCS here but plate already full.

25-May-23
Antelope

25-May-23
Some good tags congrats to you guys!

25-May-23
SS thank you !

25-May-23
Nothing for me, but odds were very slim.

25-May-23
Didn’t draw squat for elk. Thought I had a really good chance. Really wanted Wasatch elk before they flood it with rifle hunters to lower the age class.

Just general archery deer with a couple thousand others.

25-May-23
everbody seems so happy to have drawn, despite the fact animals experienced a huge die off this winter

25-May-23
^^^ not everywhere.

25-May-23
Well not only is it not everywhere, why in the hell wouldn’t you be happy for drawing?

Should we all have not applied this year because of the winter?

Seriously, If the biologists are prescribing the tags, and there have been tag cuts and somebody applies and draws, why shouldn’t they be happy!?!!?

25-May-23
I and my cousin drew the Nebo unit for general archery. Was there a big winter die off there this year?

25-May-23
I am not 100% sure.

I would say there were some. The nebo unit is where the deer in the northern part of the state start to get winter range back. However, I’d think the deer that winter on the east side of the unit got hit harder than those on the west.

The road I take to snowmobile is the east boundary and there were quite a lot of dead roadkill. The west boundary is I-15. And there’s a lot of land between the freeway and the mountains. Much less kill on the west side.

26-May-23
Well, hell....

As many of ya know I started a thread to share my 20 Gen deer points earlier this year.

I ended up going Group with a guy, his wife and his daughter who is an Adult now after her Youth tags.

I have sponsored her in the FFA/4H, she won last year, I worked with her dad years ago and have helped his wife on her Boulder Rifle hunt too.

I'm content to have shared.

SUCCESSFUL: General-season ALW (Rifle) Buck Deer

Hunt: Fillmore Weapon: Any Legal Weapon Your season date(s): Oct 21 - Oct 29, 2023

Kinda shocking but I actually drew 2 tags in the draw this year.

Robb

26-May-23
Congrats Robb, & good on you for sharing.

26-May-23
Congratulations on the tag Bulelk1

I’ve never been in that unit in October, but lots of fun memories in August spot and stalking velvet bucks.

Some beautiful country you will be in.

26-May-23
Good going Rob on the tags and helping out others. I drew WY. GEN elk and will be going to the same area that we hunted when you met us there on west side. Good luck. John C.

26-May-23
Lifetime resident and didn't even draw general archery tag. Ridiculous. I feel cursed with all the unsuccessfuls over the years. Feels like I'm just donating money.

26-May-23
Looks like I drew north slope general archery deer.

26-May-23
Nada for LE Elk.

26-May-23
How the heck did I draw as a NR the first try ever, and you didn't draw Bowhiker?

26-May-23
Anyone know of issues with elk dying this winter. Or was it primarily deer?

26-May-23
BULELK1, you are inspiration by sharing points and more. I took a page from your book and got general bow tags for my offspring that I mentor. I find that more rewarding than actually getting a tag myself, Badbull

27-May-23
Thanks All.

Ya going back in this fall? John

I should have said that this Filmore/Pahvant deer tag is the same boundaries as the Filmore/Pahvant LE Bull unit.

If any of ya drew that tag, let me know 'cause I'm going to be down there quite a bit this late summer and fall with the Multi-Season Spike tag.

For sure touch base with Team Doyle (Silent Stalker and his bro elkhunterUt)

Good luck, Robb

27-May-23
Buddy texted this morning he got drawn for Buffalo, Bitter creek. He got the one N/R tag

29-May-23
Good luck to ev eryone. 23 Elk...24 Bison...maybe next year.

30-May-23
I drew Mt. Dutton Archery Elk. Super pumped

31-May-23
Drew San Juan early archery elk. Very grateful to have this tag. I’ve run bear in there a couple times with my hounds. Plan on 4 scouting trips before the season opens. Can hunt the whole season. If anyone has suggestions on where they’d scout I’m all ears. Thanks Mark

31-May-23
@Thornton, if it was a general, then all with the same amount of pref points are random. If an LE hunt, all are random unless you are a max point holder.

04-Jun-23
Hey guys, Mark posted above about drawing the San Juan early archery elk tag and is “all ears” for help about scouting. In 2015 I drew a moose tag in SE Idaho and posted a similar request on Bowsite as Idaho game and fish said there were no guides or outfitters in my unit. Out of the blue Mark texted and said he would help me. And help he did. And so did his friends. He helped me scout, got me permission to hunt private if needed and was just damn good company. . I arrowed a really nice bull that Mark had seen on day one and Mark’s 4 buddies showed up to pack him out. never met them in my life but there they were. They refused payment of any kind, said it was an unwritten code to come help if available. Mark was off later in the week intending to hunt with me so we just hung out with him and friends and had a blast, and I am forever grateful. . He even came south to turkey hunt with me in LA ( lower Alabama) . . They don’t make men any better , so if ever you wanted to help someone you didn’t know that deserved it please chime in. Can’t wait to see his pics on this hunt!

04-Jun-23
Good for you Mark------->

It's going to be a challenge to beat your Nv. 111-- Bull from a year or two back!!

Good luck, Robb

04-Jun-23
Congrats everyone. Some very good units drawn above.

I submitted for PP’s only in all my app states this year. Have a New Mexico hunt planned with my son in law.

I hope to be use my Utah points in a year or three when I can hunt the entire season. Mark, hopefully someone gives you a starting point. Sounds like that’s all you need.

04-Jun-23
Thanks HDE

06-Jun-23
Thanks, C3

13-Jun-23
I drew early archery on the Beaver unit. It was my 26th consecutive year of applying for elk in Utah. I'd gladly take any hot tips or would like to hear about anybody else's experience hunting that part of Utah. I'm headed down to start scouting in 3 weeks and will spend 3 weeks of the season hunting. Very excited.

14-Jun-23
Beaver auction tag went for $180k.

Big bulls for sure.

Enjoy man---->

Good luck, Robb

15-Jun-23
$180k....dang.

• Sitka Gear