KsRancher 06-Jun-23
PushCoArcher 06-Jun-23
Orion 06-Jun-23
31-May-23
Today is the day! Good luck!

31-May-23
You a day or two early ain't ya?

31-May-23
Got bear results yesterday. No go with 17 points, thought I'd be a shoe-in with that many.

31-May-23
what unit takes more than 17 points to draw bear? Thats crazy

31-May-23
Maybe I am elkbuster? I thought they had said the 31st but I could be mistaken.

31-May-23
I hope you right

31-May-23
Just checked, I now have one more deer PP. Guess I didn't draw deer either.

31-May-23
My understanding is they do moose and bear on day one and then release a species a day after that now. Deer came out this morning. Unless they do two today elk will be out tomorrow or Friday.

31-May-23
I did just verify elk results will not be out until tomorrow morning.

31-May-23
Well, looks like a total blank out across the board for this year in my home state...

31-May-23
Just checked and my deer preference points are gone so I apparently drew my deer tag. My elk points are unchanged.

31-May-23
Congrats!

31-May-23
Drew the deer tag I was after. I’m gonna need everyone’s honey hole gps info and a dozen of ya that live there to get some hard core scouting in for me.

31-May-23
No deer, gained a point. Hoping for an elk license tomorrow.

31-May-23
Pop-r, elk will be out tomorrow? Last year it was Friday I think. I am hoping you have the inside scoop and are right. I know it's only one more day. But dang, I would atleast like to start dreaming about being in the elk woods

31-May-23
No sheep, goat, moose or deer. I'll elk hunt whether I get my draw tag or not since we still have OTC at the moment.

01-Jun-23
Check your CC, charges are happening. Good luck!

01-Jun-23
Check your CC, charges are happening. Good luck!

01-Jun-23
Yep elk is hitting cc now.

01-Jun-23
Got a CC hit at 5:50 am for 760.99 so must've drawn an either-sex archery elk tag.

01-Jun-23
Still waiting

01-Jun-23
Elk and bear tag for the same unit

01-Jun-23
And still waiting

01-Jun-23
Any other clues other than CC hits? Nothing on my CC pending and no change to my Preference Points. I don't think I had much of a chance to draw with the % change this year but I took the shot anyway.

01-Jun-23
Slow today. They updated preference points first yesterday but only by about 10 minutes. Only got a point for elk and it still isn't updated.

01-Jun-23
CC hit for elk. I drew 76 Archery.

01-Jun-23

KHunter's embedded Photo
KHunter's embedded Photo
76 will be fun! consider renting llamas from redwood llamas to help go in deep and have some spots all to yourself.

01-Jun-23
KHunter, you know your posting that pic makes the odds of me ever drawing that tag get worse each time. :) I'm probably going to have to bail on 76 and burn my points elsewhere.

01-Jun-23
They must be having problems as it's hours later in the day and still no change for me. Maybe sometime today??

01-Jun-23
They charged those that did not draw and didn't charge those the drew for elk working on fixing

01-Jun-23
I figured it had to be something.

01-Jun-23
That was an April Fool's joke, but I can't get the CPW page to load. I think my daughter drew a 76-1st rifle but would like to know for sure.

01-Jun-23
My points disappeared but the other member of my group is still showing the same points. So things are definitely "in process".

01-Jun-23
My points are updated on my cpw account.

01-Jun-23
My points just updated but still no answer on whether I drew or not.

01-Jun-23
Still nothing

01-Jun-23
Well, my points went from 17 to 18 so as expected, I didn't draw

01-Jun-23
GMU 61 ES archery elk!!

01-Jun-23
All that anticipation for nothing. Antelope loaded as well.

01-Jun-23
My antelope hasn't! No charges no point update nothing.

01-Jun-23
Emails received for elk

01-Jun-23
Emails received for elk

01-Jun-23
No email yet but my account shows one more elk preference point so apparently I didn't draw, which is a good thing because I already drew Wyoming elk, Colorado deer and Kansas deer.

01-Jun-23
Crept out of my tag

01-Jun-23
Got the email finally. Headed to Colorado this fall.

01-Jun-23
I have in the past drawn this unit twice with 1 PP and twice with zero PPs. Last year did not draw and just check my PP and I now have 2PPs. Did not draw this unit. Bummer.

Maybe, many are cashing in their PPs for lesser units.

01-Jun-23
That would be my guess. People are realizing that saving points for better units might be a futile prospect. Especially the folks that starting buying them when CO sold them for only $5 or whatever it was. Then the Covid craze hit. Now a bunch of people with 3-5 points want to go hunting.

01-Jun-23
Yay. Got my wapiti tag. Goin to col.

01-Jun-23
I would certainly think that the influx of the timber wolves would prompt some to dump mid-tier points and go while the go'n is good.

01-Jun-23
Only draw success this year was my Eastern Plains archery deer tag.

01-Jun-23
I’m in. Drew a new unit never been to before. Should be fun to explore and learn some new territory. Would anyone like to share GPS coordinates of where the most and biggest elk are at? Thanks in advance ;-)

01-Jun-23
I drew a unit 40 tag. Hope i can find some time to hunt!

01-Jun-23
Zero for five so far. Missed my elk tag but my son drew. We will either turn his in and go OTC or I'll just tag along and be camp cook and packer.

02-Jun-23
How are you going to pull that off Forest? You shut your outfitting camp down this year?

02-Jun-23
Nope. Ill take the last week off. Let the boys finish Archery with out me.

02-Jun-23
Daangit! I can't imagine giving that tag 25%. That's going to drive you CRAZY the first three weeks. Or it would me! Did you find a ranch to hunt? Hopefully it goes well for you!

02-Jun-23
Haven't found one yet. May pack in around private and hunt public

02-Jun-23
WY elk in the random draw, CO plains deer, and CO LE elk that I really didn't want to draw after learning I have a WY license. I was hoping for an elk PP. Now I'll turn it back in, I guess.

02-Jun-23
The Hunt Recaps got posted today so some of you guys wondering about why you didn't draw can go take a look now.

03-Jun-23
I see one unit where a resident with 23 elk points drew a tag where 75% of residents with 1 point were successful. He really wanted out of the point game.

03-Jun-23
Elk areas 2, 201, & 10 - archery and MZ tags Non-Res. Total 6 codes. It appears that for 5 out of 6 codes, people jumped in for tags over last years level of points. Check it out for yourself. Those NR’s in the weeds are jumping out.

03-Jun-23
Greg, I understand wanting out of the game. It's also possible that particular elk hunter entered the wrong code. Either way, it's nice that Colorado allows a small window to return tags without losing points. Given how long it takes them to post results it seems like the least they can do. Helps with situations like Lou's.

Seeing that odds once again dropped for the antlerless moose tag I drew, I'm feeling extra grateful for the tag.

03-Jun-23
You never know. I spent 12 or 13 deer points on a 0-1 point unit. Long story but we'll worth it due to property access and to hunt with my kid.

Drew the same tag with zero points the next year and lost permission the day my hunt started due to a land owner family dispute. So happy I blew my points when I did.

03-Jun-23
I know of someone who dropped 29 points on a zero point unit a couple years ago so he could hunt with his son.

05-Jun-23
I have 18 points for elk. I have never killed an elk with my bow. I have not archery elk hunted in quite awhile. I used to draw a rifle cow tag on a second choice, but that has dried up. Every year I get closer to burning my points. on a rifle cow tag. IF I ever put in for an archery elk tag like 61 or 76, I am pretty sure I won't think twice at arrowing a cow, if given the opportunity. I would be tickled to death to do so, quite honestly.

06-Jun-23
Was curious when the secondary draw list comes out? I either missed it or it's not in the big game brochure

06-Jun-23
I was assuming that it would come out after the payment and surrender deadline for the primary draw and before the application start date on the secondary draw. But guessing it comes out on the start date of the secondary draw?

06-Jun-23
1/7 this year, but I got the one I really wanted - LE archery elk. Now to get busy scouting and hanging cameras…

06-Jun-23
Where can one find the total number of tags issued or allowed.

Trying to find total number of archery tags that are available for some of the new Draw areas that were OTC.

06-Jun-23
It is in the draw recap.

06-Jun-23
Ks they'll release them on the 21st the same day it opens. Remember kids get first preference in the secondary so most good tags will go to youth.

06-Jun-23
All good tags go to youth. Youth have a 100% preference and all of their choices are looked at and applied before they move to any non youth applicants

• Sitka Gear