TonyBear 05-Jun-23
Rut Nut 05-Jun-23
HUNT MAN 05-Jun-23
Tilzbow 05-Jun-23
Zbone 06-Jun-23
DanaC 06-Jun-23
31-May-23

Scrappy's Link
It's that time of year again. Just remember if you visit one of our great national parks this summer don't forget to be ready to film an idiot petting a Buffalo:)

31-May-23
For better results, bring your own idiot ;-)

31-May-23
Hopefully someone loses their pants again!

31-May-23

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
This is how it all gets started. Guys like this joker (taken from the “Fawns” thread) put crazy ideas in other people’s heads, and, well, here we are!

Ziek was a visionary, after all!

31-May-23
Disney syndrome.

31-May-23

ahunter76's embedded Photo
I go prepared.

31-May-23
It's lucky that fawn didn't charge that joker and stomp all over him. Oh the humanity!

01-Jun-23
Really t-roy...

01-Jun-23
Natural selection season

01-Jun-23
"Natural selection season"

Aka Darwin Award preliminary rounds.

01-Jun-23

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
t-roy you got some brown on your nose.....

01-Jun-23
MORON Season! ;-)

01-Jun-23
No worries! I think they are easy to outrun!

01-Jun-23
Famous last words...

01-Jun-23
Here, "hold my bud light" ;0]

01-Jun-23
Just another mental disorder! You can teach people all day long, but if they refuse to learn you can’t do much for them.

01-Jun-23
Link isn't working for me but saw an article about it earlier calling her a "brave" tourist.....I would have went with "dumb"

01-Jun-23
Yeah, link isn't working but it was probably funny!

01-Jun-23

It's ok to handle any newborns the internet said so

01-Jun-23
'Everyone should go out and try to get a selfie petting any newborn wild animal', said no wildlife biologist ever.

01-Jun-23
But if you identify as a bison, it's ok and in fact encouraged, and if anyone believes otherwise they should be silenced.

01-Jun-23
This is what happens when parents don't punish there children, for touching something they shouldn't. Lol they learn the hard way

01-Jun-23
Scrappy, I love the thread title.

01-Jun-23
The amount of stupid in the world these days is mind boggling. I don’t remember humans being as dumb as we are now. They say history repeats itself. I think eventually we’ll be neanderthals again. Or extinct.

02-Jun-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
I'm guessing even Neanderthals would be surprised at these people.

02-Jun-23
"The amount of stupid in the world these days is mind boggling."

But there is hope. Just recently they announced that children learn to read better if they're taught to sound out the letters. So even school officials - possibly the dumbest folks on the planet - have come around to 'phonics', after a mere century of falling scores. Probably too late for the current crop of bunny huggers...

02-Jun-23

Scrappy's Link
The first link doesn't work for me now either. It was a woman in Yellowstone almost getting gored by a Buffalo. Here is another one of a woman practically begging to be killed. Whoever was filming was doing an excellent job but the bison didn't do its part.

02-Jun-23

We were in Yellowstone a couple years back . We saw some pretty stupid people for sure. I guess Parks with "WILD" critters are gathering places for those with the least grey matter.

02-Jun-23
Growing up in Bozeman we went to Yellowstone all the time. I saw some folks do some pretty stupid things around animals. My dad and I drove up on a line of stopped traffic. Mama Moose was on one side and the calf on the other. We sat back to watch the show. Mama finally had enough and went over a car using the roof as a sorta springboard. Caved it right down to the top of the seats. The driver was not in his car, was taking pictures of the calf with a group that got too close, and not surprisingly was angry with Mama. Eventually, they had to remove the bears for a time. Folks would try to pet them, try to put their kids on them for pictures, etc. But, I guess there is a way to fix stupid after all.

03-Jun-23
I wish it were good enough medicine to keep people from wanting to move to areas out there that are being overrun. Unfortunately, we are not that lucky.

03-Jun-23

Jaquomo's Link
Pretty much a daily occurrence there. The "Tourons" website has some classics...

03-Jun-23
Technically, most of us have a handful of % Neanderthal in us, genetically... And we all are amazed people are dumb enough to try to put hands on a wild bison. So, Glunt, is dead on as far as I can see.

Wildlife is great, from a distance, and on a bbq.

03-Jun-23
While most people seem to be really dumb, can you really blame them? The ONLY time they get to see "wild" animals is in a zoo or a National Park. Anyone who thinks park animals are wild are the dumb ones. Our park animals are closer to what you encounter in a petting zoo than a real wild animal. NO amount of signage imploring people to keep their distance is going to dissuade them from cozying up to the 'cute' critters that appear so docile. Besides, if they were dangerous, would people be allowed in the park to begin with? Surely, "they" would protect us from being injured. In the wild, there isn't much of a problem, because the critter won't let you get that close to begin with, except maybe the chance encounter with a moose while walking 'Fluffy'. And most people are too engaged with electronics to even see or hear them scamper off.

03-Jun-23
You’re not wrong, Ziek - but (just me) I give pit bulls, Rottweilers, Shepherds and pretty much any dog that looks similar a plenty wide berth. Does that make me a coward?

03-Jun-23
I didn't see the word coward in Zieks post

03-Jun-23

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
This probably fits the bison petters.

03-Jun-23
“While most people seem to be really dumb, can you really blame them? “

Yes

03-Jun-23

Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Reading too much into it, Mike - Ziek’s not wrong that NP animals are not actually Wild, but if you have any sense, you know that Domestics can also be dangerous… so even though these animals seem “tame”….

But it’s not as if there aren’t signs…. And you just can’t argue with Stupid….

So the one souvenir from the piece of my life that I donated to Tourons….

03-Jun-23

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Jun-23
My name is William Knifeman! Aah! Aah ! Aah!!

04-Jun-23
Once saw a bison in a corral mosey up to the feed trough with a line of Texas longhorns already feeding cheek to cheek. The two nearest to where the bison came in about sh#t getting out of it's way - four feet clear. Bison didn't even acknowledge their presence. but they knew.

04-Jun-23
Years ago i had a guy working for me that raised buffalo on his farm. I went with him out in the pasture to check cows calf's etc.... We were out of the truck , when John yells watch it boy she's gonna charge!!, i turned to see a cow coming, we jumped in the truck and WHAM!! she slammed into the truck door on my side...shook the whole truck !!..

05-Jun-23

Ursus Hunter's Link
And the Tourist insanity continues. Do you put the Baby Elk in the back seat w/seat belt? or in the trunk?

05-Jun-23
We had a "wildlife park" in my area and the owner kept a mix of domesticated and wild animals. Not too long after an article about his nice pet buck, he got rammed in the leg during the rut. Died as a result of his wounds, park closed. Scuttlebutt was some of his neighbors warned him about separating the mature buck before the rut but didn't take the advice.

05-Jun-23
My guess is in the back seat belted in, Bob!

"It is unclear what happened after the young elk was dropped off." I'm thinking a Mental Health Evaluation............................................................ ;-)

05-Jun-23
Bison are a different critter. Just like cattle to me you can never trust them.

Hell I watched a Bowsiter get ran slap over by a bison!!

05-Jun-23

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
I was in Yellowstone last year sitting in my Bronco with my dog waiting for my wife to visit one of the sights when I looked over my shoulder and saw this guy. A picture is worth a thousand words, the people following got closer and what they didn’t see was the bull’s pal that was following close behind.

06-Jun-23
Man, that dude's gotta weight a ton...8^)

06-Jun-23
Tilzbow, I'm waiting for the second picture ;-)

• Sitka Gear