MichaelArnette 05-Jun-23
walking buffalo 05-Jun-23
Firsty 05-Jun-23
DL 05-Jun-23
Glunt@work 05-Jun-23
walking buffalo 05-Jun-23
03-Jun-23

JohnMC's Link
Here are a couple lines from the article below. But take a minute to read full article. Jarod Polis is coming after hunters. We need to stand up and doing something and not just CO residents.

"Colorado Gov. Jared Polis will speak briefly June 1 at Colorado State University during the Pathways: Human Dimensions of Wildlife conference. Polis is expected to discuss the state’s inclusive agenda for managing wildlife"

"In recent decades, societal values toward wildlife have shifted in the United States toward more of a “mutualist” perspective, meaning people are more focused on wildlife protection and compassionate management, as opposed to managing wildlife solely for human benefit.

03-Jun-23
Doesn't sound good for hunters...

03-Jun-23
No surprise. His husband is a very active animal rights activist.

03-Jun-23
Probably the same amount that voted for Biden, Lou. But that comments not gonna help anyone… as John said, hunters, not just CO residents, all hunters need to step up to this. No questions asked

03-Jun-23
Republican candidates could win SO easily…. 2 Things, neither of which they will do.

03-Jun-23
That a-hole and his husband can do a lot of damage in three more years, with a supermajority Dem legislature. Talk about driving a wedge down the middle of the state...

And his husband had the nerve to tell me, "There is no urban-rural divide in Colorado".

03-Jun-23
Well..somebody has to vote for these clowns. Never thought I'd see this country in the shape we're in.

Maybe he dobt realize that it's hunters and conservationist that help maintain healthy wildlife

03-Jun-23
And I wonder how many hunters voted for him. Well....you got what you voted for, huh?

You really can't fix stupid I guess.

03-Jun-23
Give creepy joe a chance to do a few more face plants on stage and we can start whittling away at the wrongs that have been shoved down our throats the last 2 1/2 years

03-Jun-23
WW……I’d bet a weeks pay, that other than possibly Ziek, soccermommy and a couple others, almost every Colorado Bowsiter that posts on here, did NOT vote for that idiot, Polis.

03-Jun-23
^correct!

03-Jun-23

04-Jun-23
My Alma mater, the C.S.U College of Natural Resources that is hosting this shit show, no longer offers a degree program in Wildlife Management, if that tells you anything.

04-Jun-23
"Human Dimensions" of Wildlife law originally came out of CSU Boulder... a hotbed of animal rights nonsense. The Alaska F&G became infected with it under a past Democrat Governor. I can assure you it is BAD stuff. One of those "the concept is sound," but implementation is atrocious things!

It's been proven to be counter-productive to conservation/wildlife mgt many times over. Get rid of it if you can.

Pete

04-Jun-23
Damn Jaq. Writing is surely on the wall !! All this really sucks

04-Jun-23
That IS scary, Lou… Do they have a replacement program?? Because surely they don’t expect these critters to manage themselves, do they??

04-Jun-23
“Do they have a replacement program??”

Yeah, they call them cute little doggies that howl. We call them wolves.

04-Jun-23
All in the name of progress! It must be a good thing because I know some hunters who voted for it. But just think; when you’re no longer able to go out hunting, you won’t have to worry about the evil Trump monster while you’re sitting on the couch watching TV and drinking bud light!

04-Jun-23
Bryan, I think a lot of "hunters " don't think for themselves. Some things "sound" good to a lot of people but they don't get the danger of opening the door to tyrannical control by the government. Like Red Flag laws..they sound good to some people but "who" decides who is a threat? And what information are they making the decision to declare someone a threat?

Hunting is as natural as a person defending themselves from a threat..the problem is our culture has no clue what is natural or what is logical.

04-Jun-23
GF, they now call it "Wildlife Conservation"

04-Jun-23
“Hunting is as natural as a person defending themselves from a threat..the problem is our culture has no clue what is natural or what is logical.”

True that! The next time I kill a deer or an elk, I’m considering taking it to a busy downtown Los Angeles shopping district and gutting and skinning it in front of the public. Apparently, my forcing other people to see it and accept it is the only way to raise awareness and protect our hunting heritage. All I need are some good hateful names to call those that don’t embrace it!

04-Jun-23
Ziek loves that guy and keeps voting for him. He also has the nerve to come on here and say he isnt bad for hunting or hunters. How many outdoorsman can keep voting for people like this is mind boggling.

04-Jun-23
"But just think; when you’re no longer able to go out hunting, you won’t have to worry about the evil Trump monster while you’re sitting on the couch watching TV and drinking bud light....and fantasizing about whether you have/don't have a real wiener!"

There...I fixed it for you! ;-)

04-Jun-23
Then after that they will be coming for those sharp fish hooks.

04-Jun-23
These people think humans are some invasive species on this planet. We should have to live in tiny apartments and watch the wildlife on TV or through a car window while in a national park.

04-Jun-23
""people are more focused on wildlife protection and compassionate management""

The Compassionate Wildlife Conservation Model.

If you don't know about it and care to help hunting continue, it is time to get up to speed.

This endeavors to end all hunting of Wildlife except under circumstances that are considered essential interference, such as last resort population or disease control. And this is typically to be done through focused harvest of females and young only.

I fought this bitch in Alberta 15 years ago.... it was a multi-year long battle to get the government, and hunting groups to understand what some biologists were pushing along with biased research intended to change hunting legislation. Thankfully the hunters won that round,,,, but they will be back.

04-Jun-23
These idiots obviously have no idea how f'ing brutal mother nature is when left to her own devices. Break out your videos of whole deer or elk herds starving to death in snow banks and cow elk being torn apart by wolves that just eat the fetus. Let's turn some stomachs...

04-Jun-23
Many hunters here voted right alongside PETA, the ASPCA and HSUS for this administration. These hunters voted against hunting.

04-Jun-23
Califiornia moving East. How can we take the money away from these missguided folks. Just move in with a back pocket full of cash and over buy the real CO folks.

04-Jun-23
Unfortunately the California influence is not just in Colorado. And, hunters in every state voted against hunting, against the second amendment, and for wolf and other misguided programs. These hunters voted for our current woke administration.

04-Jun-23
Agree with what missouribreaks said just above. Next election, vote these idiots out.

04-Jun-23
Dale I agree that would be great. Never happen. We dont have the numbers in most cases

DEI. Is the most important thing to many people here on the bowsite

04-Jun-23
DEI is important, but we do not have to give up our guns and hunting to practice DEI. Individuals just have to be more accepting, that is not a hunter problem.

04-Jun-23
I should say, not limited to hunters or Republicans.

04-Jun-23
“DEI is important”

Not in the way the liberals want to use it! It’s just another weapon in their arsenal.

04-Jun-23
I'm into compassion management. I use soft point bullets when I'm not sending arrows their way.

05-Jun-23
You know the difference between a hunter killing a elk and a wolf killing one.... The wolf's not putting his kill out on public stage for everyone to see. Hunter make 5% of us population.. 65% of population disapprove of trophy hunting.

05-Jun-23
.....and we don't actually eat our elk until they're dead.

05-Jun-23
Never ceases to amaze me when some useful idiot politician, supposed wildlife manager, non-profit acting in natures interest talks about letting "nature take its course". Generally by removing humans from the equation. However, when the fossil record shows humans of various types have been around just about as long as many of the animals they are trying to manage, demonstrates how dumb they are..

History states again and again how nature points out the folly of man,,,

05-Jun-23
Unfortunately non hunting voters identify far better with the concept of letting nature take its course than they do with trophy hunting, happiness is a big gut pile, record books, and dead animals plastered on youtube and Facebook. This is a hunter created problem and is our demise.

05-Jun-23
I'm not generally a "sky is falling" type of guy. But I think the writing is on the wall. With the liberal agendas, wolf intros, etc. I think an elk tag in 20-30 years will be just as highly coveted and just as hard to get as a sheep tag is today. I think you'll see elk hunts selling for $40-50k, or whatever it would be with 30 years of inflation.

I'd like to kill one trophy bull 330 or above before it happens. I seriously doubt my 10 year old will have the same opportunities I have had in this regard. And I wish I'd started my western hunting career earlier

05-Jun-23
"This is a hunter created problem and is our demise"

No. This is absolutely NOT a hunter created problem.

What is happening is a natural progression of differing ideologies on how to interact with Nature. The most significant social influence allowing for concepts within the Compassionate Model is the rise of urban living. The disconnect of living WITH Nature imposed by the requirements of Urban living has increased the population that do not rely on hunting for survival or even have reasonable access to hunting as a means to improve their lives.

If you want to play the blame game, blame FARMERS. It is the success of agricultural practices that allow Urban living to exist.

Now, I can agree that further expansion of the Compassionate Model through indoctrination (what is taught in school) along with the further increase in the population divide between Urban and Rural lifestyles certainly could lead to the demise of most hunting mostly due to current legislative regimes that allow Urban centers to rule over Urban areas.

05-Jun-23
I can't see how Colorado can keep this from happening. I hope I am wrong, but I feel the state is lost. There aren't enough reasonable people to outweigh the front range vote. The only thing you can hope for is somehow you get a bunch of liberals running your state instead of left wing nut jobs. Then you have to hope that their terrible policies are focused on something other than hunting.

05-Jun-23
Jarod Polis is expected to be a strong candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2028. He has tons of money, gay, politically very savvy and been showing indication he wants to be president. He wants to look moderate but is far from it. He needs to be watched. He not someone any of us wants in the White House.

05-Jun-23
Well, I believe hunters created the market for " Happiness is a Warm Gutpile " and hunters created trophy hun ting, record books, hide huntianti hunter. Bloody kills on social media, and the like. All are fine, but they are a turn off for the non hunting voter that is not yet a staunch antihunter. Make no mistake about it !

05-Jun-23
Sorry for the jumbled post, had connectivity problems.

In any event, hunters are in control of their image to the non hunting voter. We better pay attention and clean our act up.

05-Jun-23
Walking Buffalo. I am a farmer and do not think we r to blame for what is happening. Without us u wouldn't b fillin ur belly with food or the rest of the world. I think it is the clowns teachin this stuff and those who let um get away with it. Hunters r also to blame. I hear alot of talk but not much action. U can spend thousands on hunting stuff. Spend some on those who fight 4 ur rights. Plenty of blame to go around. Stand up and fight. I left col long ago. Saw what was comin.

05-Jun-23
I do not see any blame to place on farmers.

05-Jun-23
We are looking our demise in the face and had better do something about it quickly in the public eye

05-Jun-23
Bent Arrow,

We are agreeing on the facts, just not on the realization of consequences.

My point is that without farmers and their incredible effort and knowledge to be able to fill all these bellies, the problem of "woke" Urban ideologies such as the Compassionate Conservation Model would not exist, as "We" would still be a hunter/gatherer society. Quite simply, without Farmers, the Urban population could not exist.

Urbanization and the requirements to live in a Urban environment lead to lifestyle choices that are often in opposition to Rural existence and the direct consumption of Natural resources. For the vast majority, to live Urban requires one to accept being the end consumer of products hunted and gathered/produced by others. This allows for the Natural disconnect to grow.

I agree that much of hunting social media is not helpful marketing to non and antihunters. Without question the scale has tipped where to education system now often teaches that hunting is bad.

I was born a hunter, and still feed myself from my killing and harvesting. And I do this without spending much money on it. I also live in the middle of a large city and pay close attention to this society and how "it" perceives hunting. There is no doubt in my mind that much of the Urban anti-hunting rhetoric is trendy, always changing its narrative based on current amplification from a few voices. Hunting can survive into the new world, even prosper, if we fight for it with education and class.

05-Jun-23
Walking B is from Canada what did you expect?

05-Jun-23
This is the same crap that the Ca Wildlife Commission said about wildlife. So how much money do these goobers give out for wildlife like hunters do? Nothing, they give money to politicians, not wildlife.

05-Jun-23
They are currently gathering signatures for an initiative to ban meat processing in Denver.

05-Jun-23
"Walking B is from Canada what did you expect?"

I have no idea what you mean by this. What are you trying to imply?

06-Jun-23

Ricky The Cabel Guy's Link
a hunter voting for a democrat is like a sheep voting for a wolf.

• Sitka Gear